Google Apps Device Policy

Guest jamie_w

Guest jamie_w

Is anyone else keep getting a notification to download the Google Apps Device Policy from Play store? It says its for businesses etc so don't know why I'm getting this, plus I think its what's causing me to have problems with syncing my Google contacts.

Guest jamie_w

Its Tapatalk messing up. It kept saying it couldn't connect then when it did connect there's multiple threads with no way for me to delete.

Guest kyan31

Yeah it's fixed itself now, I don't why it was doing that.

Anyway, as for the Google Policy thing, I haven't heard of it myself. What ROM are you on, and what version of GAPPS are you using (if the ROM required GAPPS)?

Guest CoSmEeN

You get a notification to install THIS--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.enterprise.dmagent&hl=en ?

Another question. Install or Update? (sorry for stupid questions but it may count)

Also, take a look at this:

Uninstall Google Apps Device Policy

There are two ways to uninstall Google Apps Device Policy. The easisest is to unregister all accounts associated with the Device Policy app and then uninstall the app. To do this, follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open the Device Policy app and press Unregister on the Status screen for each account you have registered with the device.
  • Exit the Device Policy app and on your Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and select the Device Policy app.
  • Press Uninstall and OK to remove the application.

Alternatively, you can uninstall Google Apps Device Policy by following these steps:

• On your Android device, go to Settings > Security.
    • Press Select device administrators.
    • Uncheck Google Apps Device Policy.
    • Press Deactivate and OK.
    • Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and select the Device Policy app.
    • Press Uninstall and OK to remove the application.

If your Google Apps administrator is enforcing device policies on your device, when you uninstall Device Policy, your device will stop syncing with your Google Apps account.

... it's from Google Support site.

Guest jamie_w

You get a notification to install THIS--> https://play.google....e.dmagent&hl=en ?

Another question. Install or Update? (sorry for stupid questions but it may count)

Also, take a look at this:

... it's from Google Support site.

It says Install. Im just unsure about installing it as it says its for business, education and government users only. I havent installed any extra google apps apart from thr pre installed apps.

Guest akarana

Google Apps Device Policy is a management tool for big IT Depts to administer phones on their networks.

jamie_w may have installed something that now thinks it needs this, or Heaven Forfend, he has a work phone.

If it's not a work phone, don't install when it invites. Sorry I can't suggest why it wants to be on your phone,

and if it keeps nagging we'll have to find out what's asking for it ...

It looks like a good idea in some ways, extra security, remote locking, but thru the admin module,

and pretty much useless for a standalone luser.

Guest jamie_w

Its not a work phone, its my own. Im wondering if its just Google messing up. If it keeps on ill post a list of my apps.

Guest jamie_w

It kept popping up, so I installed a fresh time and it did it again on 1st boot up. I took a risk and installed it and in the end it wouldn't let me activate it!!! Looks like a Google balls up!!!!!!!!!

Guest akarana

What ROM are you running? There should be nothing in any of the factory Huawei roms, nor in the custom roms available here for forum members' use, that requires Apps Device Policy. What I'm thinking of is you've got hold of a rom that was built for private network use. Or possibly your phone is automatically connecting to a school/university/office wifi that uses it. Or your Data Erase and Install is not cleanly erasing all cache. I found in my early messing about it was often necessary to do the Data Erase again after a reinstall to make sure it was clean.

Guest jamie_w

Ive only been using the roms on this site. Im currently using Baidu v4. I have been connecting to a university/training centre wifi. This is the procedure I aways do when installing a rom:- wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, (mounts & storage) format cache,cust,data,system, (advanced) wipe dalvik cache, Reboot Recovery, install rom any any extras and reboot system.

Guest akarana

I have been connecting to a university/training centre wifi.

That would be my number one suspect. They've tightened their security, and now require AppsDevicePolicy where they didn't in the past. I used to do desktop PC support at a University, and when ppl started bringing smartphones it was a constant circus keeping up with the network security wizards changing how to connect.

Your options, go to the uni help desk and get this thingy installed properly and your device registered on their network,

or

don't connect to their network and keep your phone clean.

Guest jamie_w

I've tried forgetting the Wi-Fi but I still get the problem. I did get it when I did a fresh install before I installed any apps ( at home not work) using the steps above. Any ideas how to make sure it's totally clean?

Guest akarana
Any ideas how to make sure it's totally clean?

You've done everything right as far as I can see, except I now do after install rom and reboot, then another cache and data wipe. This thing must have got into one of the partitions that doesn't reformat, and now it's gonna spook you :ph34r: .

Sorry, I'm lost from here. If I was still at my uni job I'd be able to get the admin docs to see wassup ...

Guest jamie_w

I have been using cyda's tool to use the 2gb memory and now im on baidu im using pocha's tool to use the sd card as internal memory. What do i need to leave on the 2gb memory as i could wipe that and then just use the normal internal memory and see if that works.