Sege xyz-x1

Guest warimation

Guest omegavesko

The specs are pretty standard for a Chinese phone. The price seems good, too.

The stock photos all have the screen badly photoshopped on, though. I'd be a bit worried about that.

Guest warimation

thx mate. then what phone should I be looking for??

Im currently looking for €200 (£172) tops but cheaper would be better.. :D

Also must have good android development comunity..

Guest omegavesko

thx mate. then what phone should I be looking for??

Im currently looking for €200 (£172) tops but cheaper would be better.. :D

Also must have good android development comunity..

You may as well forget about Chinese MediaTek devices, then. The best you'll get with those are modded stock ROMs, if that.

Galaxy Nexus, maybe? Not sure what else you could get new for 200€.

Guest C3C0

Regarding mtk6589. It's true it's almost impossible to get cm, aospa, and all similar custom ROMs to run since "thanks to" dual sim support there are vast changes made across the whole framework that are related to dual sim. Even if we had a source code from mediatek it would still be a huge project to merge it into cm or other custom ROMs.

On the other side, I'm actively developing an xposed module for mtk6589 which has bunch of nice features and tweaks already.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2316070

Guest warimation

will that work in any mtk6589? im thinking about buying a thl w100.. in my country we have lots of taxes with products from china but I can buy easily this one..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vickdu31

Hi !

I just wanted to say something about mtk6589 devices, the Acer Liquid E2 is one of them and its really famous in france, belgium, spain... Released in may.

Acer have publish the full kernel source code on their website : http://www.acer.co.u...ntent/drivers (document tab)

If it would help to get CM or MIUI (there have been some ports but there is a lot of issues...).

Edited by vickdu31

Kernel source is not enough. Android framework source code modified by mediatek is more important to have. Dual sim support is spread all over the system with millions of dependencies everywhere which makes it too complicated.

Guest xander21

This looks interesting but what the real quality of this phone when it's said to be the cheapest.

Only 170€ for a dual sim with 4.5" HD screen with quad core @ 1.2Ghz.?!?

Guest omegavesko

This looks interesting but what the real quality of this phone when it's said to be the cheapest.

Keep in mind, 'quad core' doesn't mean much here. It's only 1.2GHz and the cores are Cortex-A7, not A9.

Still, it is pretty cheap.

Guest warimation

Thl w100 in my opinion its very good and cheaper than that one. Specs are the same

Edited by warimation

Guest dakok

Keep in mind, 'quad core' doesn't mean much here. It's only 1.2GHz and the cores are Cortex-A7, not A9.

Still, it is pretty cheap.

Core by core, A9 is better, but 4 cores is better than 2 :)

$140 with coupon, which is 106 EUR, not 170!

Guest xander21

Thl w100 in my opinion its very good and cheaper than that one. Specs are the same

Resolution of screen and camera aren't the same.