Vodafone UK issue

Guest jamjamjam

Guest jamjamjam

Hi there,

Is anyone else having issues getting the internet to work on this?? I tried a T-Mobile sim and it worked straight away with internet but when I try my Vodafone sim I get nothing, any ideas? It looks like they use the same frequency for 3G so I guess it's something to with the APN settings but having no luck :/

Any help much appreciated.

Guest jamjamjam

Thanks Tillaz, I tried them but no luck not even a g? Is there something obvious to setting the new apn as the enabled one? I've checked the engineering settings and it shows both 900 mhz and 2100 mhz are enabled some I'm stumped.

Guest jamjamjam

Has anyone else managed to get a Vodafone UK SIm working 100%? I've tried everything and never seen anything data connection :/

Guest Dan Mullen

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but you have put the SIM into the correct slot, haven't you? Only one of the slots is data-enabled.

Guest zagaboo

Thanks Rico, you da man! those settings worked perfectly :D

I'm on vodaphone Contract and also can't connect to data. Specifically, which settings did you use from the link to get data working? Did you add new APN's and keep the old ones, or did you disable the old APN's?

Its driving me nuts!?!

EDIT: sorted. Googled and found out that I needed to set Authentication to PAP. Now data connection works a treat!

Edited by zagaboo