Latest OTA upgrade.

Guest Cosmo1234

Guest Cosmo1234

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade but I'm stuck. I tried the app that came with my Vowney V5 called Mobile Assistant and after trying to install the newest update it restarted and brought me to the Clock Work Mod screen saying there was an error and couldn't update. So I restarted my phone and chose to install later and I noticed a zip file in a folder called Walk. Ok I gather this is the update so my question is how do I install it? I have Clock work mod installed and I'm rooted. Can I install this using Clock Work Mod?

If anyone can throw a noob like me a bone then I would be grateful.. :)

Thank you. :)

Guest Cosmo1234

Ok I guess this isn't possible :) .

Can someone please point me to a tuttorial, the detailed the better, for upgrading the Vowney V5 to the latest rom?

Thanks for any information.

Guest bryfly

Ok I guess this isn't possible :) .

Can someone please point me to a tuttorial, the detailed the better, for upgrading the Vowney V5 to the latest rom? Thanks for any information.

The following worked for me but not sure if you are getting the same error as I did, for info if you do try it and it goes wrong, I do not know enough to help you out………

I tried to install the V5 OTA update via “mobile assistant”, it downloaded fine then hit install and it would not, so went to my sd card and and found the update zip file, tried to update via CWM, would not install, got the error….

assert failed: get prop (“ro.product.device”) = = “bird89_wet_c_3b2” 11 ............found the following on the internet re this error, applied the fix as posted by Sammz, all credit to him.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/182438-solved-assert-failed.html

tried install from CWM and ROM installed fine.

Guest Cosmo1234

Awesome.. it worked perfectly :D . I have rooted and installed CWM as well.

I noticed that a Mobile assistant message popped up on reboot saying "Update Successful" and then I pressed the "Sure" button. Also Playstore was still installed so do I still need to flash gapps? What exactly is in the Gapps zip?

Thank you for your help.