CyanogenMod 10[Daily Use Builds Now Available] [Last build:08/23/2013]

Guest josalaito

Guest Clarkiieh

So, if that doesn't fix it and the DPI is default 240, it has to be an internal fault? Maybe comparability issues with the ROM? It may never be fixed

Guest josalaito
So, if that doesn't fix it and the DPI is default 240, it has to be an internal fault? Maybe comparability issues with the ROM? It may never be fixed

It's a kernel fault, chines y300 screen isn't ips and we use chinese sources.

Guest x0jamiex0

hey josalatio thought i would just let you know i got this error assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8833" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8833" E:error in /sdcard/cm-10.zip (status 7)

on my y 300-0100

i decided to go ahead and try changing the meta inf folder to the one y300-0100 put up and its working now

thought i would just let you know that happened on my y300 so it must happen on both the g510 and y 300

also no bugs so far screen is perfect camera fine bluetooth fine and sim works

Guest TangerineTractor
hey josalatio thought i would just let you know i got this error assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8833" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8833" E:error in /sdcard/cm-10.zip (status 7)

on my y 300-0100

i decided to go ahead and try changing the meta inf folder to the one y300-0100 put up and its working now

thought i would just let you know that happened on my y300 so it must happen on both the g510 and y 300

also no bugs so far screen is perfect camera fine bluetooth fine and sim works

Have you got a link to the meta inf folder that you mentioned, or where to locate it?

Guest josalaito
But why use Chinese sources? Couldn't you take whatevere is needed to fix from like UK stock?

European kernel sources aren't released by huawei.

Guest x0jamiex0

dammit now 3g dont work cant text or call nothing

anyone got a fix for this?

i live in new zealand btw if this is any help

Edited by x0jamiex0

Guest Clarkiieh

Well that's a bummer! Good work though, just a question. Can I flash my stock back up over this if I wanted to go back? I had to re flash stock.with my xperia Z and T?

Guest Laximus

I wrote an email to Huawei and asked them to send the european kernel source, maybe they will give us a link to download

=)

hopefully...

Guest KenBW2

Under the terms of the GPL they're legally obligated to. But then again they'll try to get away with whatever they can.

Maybe worth throwing this excerpt of the GPL in any emails we send to them:

3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

b ) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange;

This is of course assuming that what we need is a modified version of the kernel itself. If it's a separate module then yea they don't *have* to give us anything.

Edited by KenBW2

Guest bgmenot111

I test Kralo5 cm10.1 rom

I test Josaliato cm10 rom

they are are good but kralo5 rom is cm10.1

I thing I most flash sisco kernel for ur rom

Nice job! I loved the rom for its smoothness speed and whatsoever didn't encounter anybugs except one. I didn't seem to be able to use mobile network for anything, i wasnt able to choose which operator network to use, it just showed roaming so please if you can help me with this i will be so happy! :)

Guest x0jamiex0

fix for RIL

this worked for me so may work for you

1 go and download gaaps http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip *leave it on sdcard

2 flash gapps to phone and the go into phone and go reboot choose recovery

3 wipe dalvik cache normal cache and android secure

4 re flash cm without gaaps

5 done you should have cm 10 and gaaps (gaaps automatically installs somehow)

this worked for me only bug i now have is the camera but i have been using ril now for around 5 hours no problems at all i can send and receive sms and answer incoming calls and call people no problem at all

i hope this helps out anyone having issues with ril

Guest Laximus

Under the terms of the GPL they're legally obligated to. But then again they'll try to get away with whatever they can.

Maybe worth throwing this excerpt of the GPL in any emails we send to them:

This is of course assuming that what we need is a modified version of the kernel itself. If it's a separate module then yea they don't *have* to give us anything.

I got an answer from Huawei with a download link, but I think its the chinese kernel, or as they wrote, there is no other :

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Sorry that there would only have one set open source, which doesn’t divide the area.

Below please kindly check the relevant link for your reference.

http://consumer.huaw...ex.htm?id=15491

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Edited by Laximus

Guest KenBW2

Ignore those if you just want to flash it. They're the source code in case anyone wants to modify it directly.

and why camerra does not work right?

how to fix it?

You'd probably do well to describe the issue in more detail

Guest ZolaIII

I think that the color problem is not related to kernel bat display & touch overlay. I assume that they used different ones on different series of Y300 or just same manufacturer switched to different controller! To explain this for instance Clarkiieh has the UK version of phone bat the FusionX rom solved his color problem & FusionX is actually based on firmware meant for Asian market. It should be best to address this like that to Huawei!

I don't even know where color settings are located other then kernel. That whot i know is that display manufacturers mostly use third party controllers & that is not uncommon that after development of new revision of one (optimized layout, minor pin change) old one is withdrawn from production! I am guessing that this is a source of problem. Perhaps answer lies in touch firmware?

Guest Luong Mai

fix for RIL

this worked for me so may work for you

1 go and download gaaps http://goo.im/gapps/...1011-signed.zip *leave it on sdcard

2 flash gapps to phone and the go into phone and go reboot choose recovery

3 wipe dalvik cache normal cache and android secure

4 re flash cm without gaaps

5 done you should have cm 10 and gaaps (gaaps automatically installs somehow)

this worked for me only bug i now have is the camera but i have been using ril now for around 5 hours no problems at all i can send and receive sms and answer incoming calls and call people no problem at all

i hope this helps out anyone having issues with ril

I have follow your the steps, but it is unsuccessfully, the sim-card still not work... I am using Huawei G510-0010. Please to help me fix this bug!!!