blade 3 battery compared to blade 1

Guest sweet_satan

Guest sweet_satan

I am about to buy blade 3 but i heard that battery life is bad. Currently i own old Blade. I would like to ask blade 3 users who had blade 1 before, how is the battery life? Is it any better compared to old blade?

Guest peetu20

I am about to buy blade 3 but i heard that battery life is bad. Currently i own old Blade. I would like to ask blade 3 users who had blade 1 before, how is the battery life? Is it any better compared to old blade?

Yes, much better. With blade 1 I could live just one day, then in the wall for night. Blade III battery life seems to be much better, and I can live about two days with it, and battery life is well too, while using browser, battery isnt drained over on 2h :D

So, I recommend to buy Blade III, pretty nice device compared to price.

Edited by peetu20

• 3 months later...
Guest Bundizle

I'm playing Ingress(about 4h with gps,screen on,3G) on it with a custom rom (4.3) so yeah it's very good battery life.

wow that is impressive i only get about 2hrs 45mins max 3 hours on my zte blade..with edge gps off auto sync off n screen auto brightness

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Blade 1 = Li-Ion (Lithium-Ion) 1250 mAh (milliamp hours) battery.

Source

Blade 3 = Li-Ion 1600 mAh battery

Source

Even the numbers say almost 33% better, but since blade 1 is older than blade 3 and you're probably dealing with old batteries, then the difference between them today (due to aging) might seem even larger than 350 mAh...

Edit: It got me thinking, these old batteries, and so I looked about, and found this:

Simple Guidelines

- Avoid full frequent discharges; recharge Li-ion

more often. There is no memory to worry about.

- Although memory-free, apply a deliberate full

discharge once every 30 days on batteries with

fuel gauge to calibrate the battery. If not done,

the fuel gauge will become increasingly less

accurate.

- Keep the Li-ion battery cool. (BUT! -MJ) Never freeze the battery (Aha! That old wives tale... -MJ). Avoid a hot car.

- For prolonged storage, keep the battery at 40%

charge level.

- Avoid purchasing spare Li-ion batteries for later

use. Observe manufacturing date. Do not buy old

stock, even if sold at clearance prices.

Source

Good advice methinks.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo