Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest raven2586

Is it just me who has to install super user after each update?

yes. Root persists for me through updates. Running Beta 8 right now.

Guest philos64

Is it just me who has to install super user after each update?

No, Since I flashed Super SU Switch with Beta 5 version, I have no problem for my root.

Now I'm on Beta 8

Guest battletank

Re. Beta 8:

Synced Google calendar data seems to disappear with each switch, and has to be synced each time in both instances. I have multiple Google accounts syncing, and the calendar data comes from one account.

Xposed still uninstalls when I switch.

Guest PaulOBrien
Re. Beta 8:

Synced Google calendar data seems to disappear with each switch, and has to be synced each time in both instances. I have multiple Google accounts syncing, and the calendar data comes from one account.

Xposed still uninstalls when I switch.

Xposed is a know issue, fix to follow.

Google Calendar you have installed on the sense version?

P

Guest IcOpRo

Yes, the ROMs are completely independent.

P

so wait a minute, can I flash a custom kernel? and If I do, do I need to boot on each ROM and flash the kernel? for example Faux GE Sense ROM ....

Thanks

Guest battletank

Xposed is a know issue, fix to follow.

Google Calendar you have installed on the sense version?

P

Thanks for the quick response, Paul

Yes, Google Calendar installed in Sense after removing it from the GE Switch folder. Should I do anything with the CalendarProvider.apk? Should either apk be added to the exclude list?

Guest PaulOBrien

so wait a minute, can I flash a custom kernel? and If I do, do I need to boot on each ROM and flash the kernel? for example Faux GE Sense ROM ....

Thanks

You need a kernel with a stockish ramdisk (it has to call install-recovery.sh like stock to enable the switch), but other than that, it's possible by replacing the boot.img file in /system/SWITCH/sense/boot/boot.img or /system/SWITCH/gpe/boot/boot.img.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks for the quick response, Paul

Yes, Google Calendar installed in Sense after removing it from the GE Switch folder. Should I do anything with the CalendarProvider.apk? Should either apk be added to the exclude list?

Hmm, no, it should work.

If you are using it purely with online sync then adding the package name to the exclude folder may well help.

P

Guest battletank

If you are using it purely with online sync then adding the package name to the exclude folder may well help.

Thanks Paul - yes, adding com.android.provider.calendar to the exclude folder worked.

Guest stone13

I get this....

u0_a206@android:/ $ /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense

Unable to chmod /data/SWITCH/busybox: Operation not permitted

mount: permission denied (are you root?)

mount: permission denied (are you root?)

dd: can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk0p33': Permission denied

rm: remove '/data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense'?

Same by me with German T-Mobile S-Off via ADB issue.

No chance to switch.

Any idea?

Guest viskas

Can anyone else confirm that "Flickr for htc sense" account disappears after a switch on beta 7 please

yes. happened to me as well.

I just restored now on beta 8 but still didn't make any switch!

Guest viskas

paul, you were right. deleting data from contacts storage on "sense side" solved the issue with T9 dialer. everything's fine now.

Just updated to beta 8, ive noticed a new issue I didnt have in beta 4. My home button is not working on GPE, it works fine if I double tap to bring up running apps and i`m getting haptic feedback etc. Long press is not opening google now either. On sense it works fine

Guest PaulOBrien

Same by me with German T-Mobile S-Off via ADB issue.

No chance to switch.

Any idea?

Actually, you could try installing the S-ON package as a fix...?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Just updated to beta 8, ive noticed a new issue I didnt have in beta 4. My home button is not working on GPE, it works fine if I double tap to bring up running apps and i`m getting haptic feedback etc. Long press is not opening google now either. On sense it works fine

There is a fix for this earlier in the thread involving deleting a directory via an ADB command and re-running the GPe setup wizard. I'll probably package it up into a zip as a few people have had this happen.

Did you update to Beta 8 while in Sense mode?

P

You applied it from the sense side yeah? Weird.

A fix for this - an adb command - was previously posted.

P

Just noticed quick settings are gone also... I flashed from GPE side ;)

Guest Brembo109

Hey Paul, is the batterie icon you presented a time ago on twitter present in this rom? I mean the one with the "true" batterie status, not the stock with showing 70% at 70,60 and 50 % or so. I hope you understand what i want to know :-D

There is a fix for this earlier in the thread involving deleting a directory via an ADB command and re-running the GPe setup wizard. I'll probably package it up into a zip as a few people have had this happen.

Did you update to Beta 8 while in Sense mode?

P

No, i updated from GPE rom side (long day :) ) ..

Ive just read backwards to page ten and did not see the post. Has anyone a link to the fix?

Jack

Guest PaulOBrien

Just noticed quick settings are gone also... I flashed from GPE side ;)

Ah, that won't help. ;-)

Hey Paul, is the batterie icon you presented a time ago on twitter present in this rom? I mean the one with the "true" batterie status, not the stock with showing 70% at 70,60 and 50 % or so. I hope you understand what i want to know :-D

No, this is completely stock. For now. ;-)

P

Guest rtl3293

So I just flashed Switch just the way I was supposed to, starting with Beta 1, then doing Beta 8, then the S-ON fix. Everything is working fine except for when I actually go to switch ROMs. It takes me to my recovery and asks if I want to uninstall untrusted zip file every time. I've tried wiping and reflashing but that hasn't fixed anything. Anyone know a possible solution?