Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mathiias

Thanks for the invite!

I unfortunately was not able to install until this evening (even though I downloaded everything yesterday).

I wiped EVERYTHING on my phone, then flashed via TWRP's ADB Sideload, with no issues. I must have SWITCHed like a dozen times in a row just because it's too cool. The only issue I've had was with the widgets, but now that I've read this entire thread, I see that it should be fixed with the Beta 8 that I'm about to flash.

If anyone gets it all worked out, I would like to flash faux's 004 kernel, compatible with both the GpE and 4.2.2 Sense. I love the logo2menu feature, as well as his many other customizations (I like to run with a slight overclock and slight undervolt).

This is great work, brings back memories of running Boot Manager on Gingerbread.

Guest inthenite42

First full day and everything is looking good. Quick thing about naming the betas.

I know. I'm getting annoying. Last suggestion about naming I promise!

Could we maybe use a x.x naming system? Seems some betas have very small tweaks unworthy of a full new beta release. I feel we should use a better system so we don't wind up with a beta 20.

But I know. Obviously not that important. Just my two cents :)

Guest mathiias

Flashed Beta8 and the widgets are now sticking. Excellent work, and thank you again for letting me be involved.

Could we maybe use a x.x naming system? Seems some betas have very small tweaks unworthy of a full new beta release. I feel we should use a better system so we don't wind up with a beta 20.

Maybe you'll get lucky and we'll get all the way up to 42.

Guest radzuky

How about adding the Switch option to the options when you hold the power button? The rom is nice with little hiccups here and there. Overall very usable daily driver. Thanks

Guest inthenite42

Maybe you'll get lucky and we'll get all the way up to 42.

I would be flattered!

How about adding the Switch option to the options when you hold the power button? The rom is nice with little hiccups here and there. Overall very usable daily driver. Thanks

He already talked about this. Planned for a future beta/release, but not on the front burner. :)

Guest descenpet

installed it today and tested for few hours while setting it up.

tried using some xposed modules too. they works fine and survived through reboots but app_process doesn't survive a switch.

install/update after switching and a soft reboot will make it work again.

Guest meegulls

After deselecting fastboot and switching to gpe for the first time it went straight to the HTC splash screen and stayed there forever. I turned it off and it went back to the same splash screen over and over. Stuck now.

Guest billlavin

Wow! Up and running with no issues at all, how awesome it is to have both, the best of both worlds!!!! Thanks so much Paul.

Guest Scuddstser

Thanks for the invite. Coming from Android Revolution custom ROM on S-On. I installed with no issues Beta 1, Beta 8, S-On zip and Root options. All installed with no issues. However Sense works perfect but GPE does not. I have the issues stated in forum already with Home Buttons not working and no notifications or settings options on notification bar. I will try the fix stated and report back.

Also I am using Clockwork Touch Recovery. I do know that every single boot regardless of going to GPE or Sense that it automatically boots to Clockwork Touch recovery and I must install untrusted zip to advance. If I say no to that option, I am taken back to recovery menu. Once I choose install untrusted zip file, it will boot to whichever I chose earlier after choosing to "fix the recovery" or not.

I'll try the fix stated on forum and see what happens.

Awesome job! I have always been a fan of stock google but I think now that Sense does make the phone. :) But nice to not have to choose!

Edited by Scuddstser

Guest Lennyuk
Anyone else getting this on Sense, I just noticed this. The lockscreen does not have the shortcuts enabled on the bottom (you know like phone, text, web) and If i go the the options in settings where I select the look of my screen it does show the shortcurs, If I select the lockscreen with the photo album it just shows a black screen with unlock widget.

shrunken1.png

shrunken2.png

Thanks

It takes the icons from the dock of the stock sense launcher, do you have icons in the dock there?

Guest Lennyuk
After deselecting fastboot and switching to gpe for the first time it went straight to the HTC splash screen and stayed there forever. I turned it off and it went back to the same splash screen over and over. Stuck now.

Read this whole thread there is an adb command which runs the script manually to get you switching.

Guest Lennyuk

tried using some xposed modules too. they works fine and survived through reboots but app_process doesn't survive a switch.

Known issue fix is coming soon ;-)

Guest ijotech

hi from honduras central america .

thks for the invite to try this masterpice it is realy great , i just flash the zip with CLOCKWORKMOD and i got the isue with the untrusted zip every time i switch , the i starte all over again and flash the TWRP recovery and it is happening the same after a full clean install i even used the RUU on my phone then i unlock de bootloader again , root, and super su the flash TWRP recovery and it still takes me to recovery mode on each switch on rom but the diference is that TWRP dos the install automaticly of the untrusted zip .

is there any fix for this probleme on each switch?

ps¨ sorry for my english

and tks again for de oportunity to participate

Guest Dante07

Hi everyone!! At first thanks so much to Paul for this opportunity. I'm downloading the files and I have a doubt. I know that it seems a stupid question but, if my M7 is S-OFF I understand that don't need to flash the S-ON package, I'm right. Yes, it seems obvious and stupid, but i want to be sure.

Thanks again

Guest battletank
Anyone else getting this on Sense, I just noticed this. The lockscreen does not have the shortcuts enabled on the bottom (you know like phone, text, web) and If i go the the options in settings where I select the look of my screen it does show the shortcurs, If I select the lockscreen with the photo album it just shows a black screen with unlock widget.

Yes - just noticed I have the same. I assumed this was because I disabled Sense launcher and used Nova, but that isn't right. I dirty-flashed, so will try clearing data for screensaver.

Guest mathiias

Hi everyone!! At first thanks so much to Paul for this opportunity. I'm downloading the files and I have a doubt. I know that it seems a stupid question but, if my M7 is S-OFF I understand that don't need to flash the S-ON package, I'm right. Yes, it seems obvious and stupid, but i want to be sure.

Thanks again

You are correct. If you are S-OFF, do not flash the S-ON package.

Guest PaulOBrien

Have you disabled the sense launcher perhaps?

Hey Paul,

I have just installed the beta 1 and then flashed the beta 8 on top and the switching ROM's is not working for me I have tried running the two CMDs you post back at the very beginning and neither ones are working any help?

Nevermind got it working flash the stock RUU wiped the phone flashed the ROM again and all is well :)

Great! :)

An Xposed fix is to follow!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, on switch it didnt keep the performance kernel. no biggie. still testing the features of the device. WIFI and hotspot functionality has been working fine thus far

EDIT *WIFI is actually not functioning on the Sense ROM at the moment. It shows "turning on" but it does not activate

You need to copy the boot.img to /system/SWITCH/sense/boot/ for Sense and /system/SWITCH/gpe/boot/ for GPE as well as any modules to the /system/SWITCH/sense/ for Sense and /system/SWITCH/gpe for GPE.

P

Guest NeidRider

You need to copy the boot.img to /system/SWITCH/sense/boot/ for Sense and /system/SWITCH/gpe/boot/ for GPE as well as any modules to the /system/SWITCH/sense/ for Sense and /system/SWITCH/gpe for GPE.

Be careful with kernel-mods: e.g. faux123 won't work, because it doesn't properly support init.d. That means, I got it to run in both roms, but couldn't switch automatically anymore, had to use the adb-command to switch.

I played around with elementalX yesterday, that will work with switching, but seems to use up more power than faux123.

In case you wanna try elementalX, someone uploaded his elementalx.conf for me over on XDA yesterday, because you wont be able to use the aroma installer for initial configuration.

elementalx.conf.txt

Edited by NeidRider

Guest illmatic416

Be careful with kernel-mods: e.g. faux123 won't work, because it doesn't properly support init.d. That means, I got it to run in both roms, but couldn't switch automatically anymore, had to use the adb-command to switch.

I played around with elementalX yesterday, that will work with switching, but seems to use up more power than faux123.

In case you wanna try elementalX, someone uploaded his elementalx.conf for me over on XDA yesterday, because you wont be able to use the aroma installer for initial configuration.

Are you referring to this "adb shell /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense"? I don't even have that script in that folder anymore...and when i did on beta5, i kept getting permission denied. I saw your post last night on XDA with the .conf request and downloaded it also thinking it would be beneficial down the line to try elementalx. I asked flar2 about calling in "install-recovery.sh" in the ramdisk for elementalx and he said he would look into it for the next version. My question is, how did you get elementalx to stick when switching? I installed teamSeven and wifi is borked on the Sense side. I flashed teamSeven on it, then booted to GPE, flashed teamSeven there, everything runs fine there...switched to Sense, no wifi...next i copied the boot image and modules like Paul suggested, and still no wifi.

Guest mathiias

Just flashed the root version of Cerberus from Sense. When I switched to GpE, it was not installed. Switched back to Sense and it was still there. Flashed it again from GpE, and now it's all good, including shared settings. Just FYI.

Guest PaulOBrien

Are you referring to this "adb shell /data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense"? I don't even have that script in that folder anymore...and when i did on beta5, i kept getting permission denied. I saw your post last night on XDA with the .conf request and downloaded it also thinking it would be beneficial down the line to try elementalx. I asked flar2 about calling in "install-recovery.sh" in the ramdisk for elementalx and he said he would look into it for the next version. My question is, how did you get elementalx to stick when switching? I installed teamSeven and wifi is borked on the Sense side. I flashed teamSeven on it, then booted to GPE, flashed teamSeven there, everything runs fine there...switched to Sense, no wifi...next i copied the boot image and modules like Paul suggested, and still no wifi.

You have to switch at least once for it to take effect.

If you're having trouble with WiFi I would suggest trying the S-ON package.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Just flashed the root version of Cerberus from Sense. When I switched to GpE, it was not installed. Switched back to Sense and it was still there. Flashed it again from GpE, and now it's all good, including shared settings. Just FYI.

That's because it install to the system partition, which are effectively seperate for each ROM.

P

Guest NeidRider

My question is, how did you get elementalx to stick when switching? I installed teamSeven and wifi is borked on the Sense side. I flashed teamSeven on it, then booted to GPE, flashed teamSeven there, everything runs fine there...switched to Sense, no wifi...next i copied the boot image and modules like Paul suggested, and still no wifi.

I managed to switch by doing a "regular" switch, which results in another boot into the OS you came from.

Then "adb shell su -c /etc/install_recovery.sh", that did the trick.

Flashing is exactly your problem; once you're on Switch, you can forget about normal flashing of kernels, but you have to proceed as Paul mentioned above:

Unzip the kernel-zip, copy boot.img to /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/boot/, and copy everything that's under lib/modules (most likely) to the according directory in /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/lib/modules.

Then perform a switch, and the kernel will be active, and it will stick.

Edited by NeidRider