Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Henners

Just flashed Beta1, the Beta8 update and the root package. I can't boot the Google ROM as everytime I use the switch from Sense, it reboots several times and then boots into Sense again after the "Android is upgrading" screen and updating around 270 apps. Any help?

Guest Henners

Did you disable fastboot In the sense power options?

Yes, Fast boot is off. It still keeps booting into Sense. I've even re-installed it, but with the same issue.

Guest billlavin

Hey Paul. I am having one small issue..... While in GPE, I am not receiving and email notifications. This is for a POP account. It does not receive emails until the mail app is opened, I have it configured to check mail every 5 minutes. Any ideas? What an amazing piece of work, love having both options.

Edit / update - never mind, I'm an idiot, it was the snapdragon battery guru app causing this issue.

Edited by billlavin

Guest Scuddstser

Previously posted that I was on CWM recovery and had some issues with the untrusted zip as well as GPE home buttons not working. In addition notification bars and quick settings didn't work as stated several times. I decided to switch to TWRP as recommended. Reflashed according to instructions and not a single issue so far. All other issues were corrected without running the fix.

Will run several programs and test more. Awesome job Paul!

Guest dorkboy69

Everything seems to be working fine on my AT&T s-off One. Only hiccup I had was with mms on the GE Rom. I had to delete data and force stop it a couple times and now it works fine.

Guest Omniken

I have it installed on AT&T S-On and I'm not having issues right now smooth..still running through things and checking. Will post if I find anything. Boot time between roms less than a minute...sweet! Great work Paul....We thank you!

Guest inthenite42

When they release Android 4.3, will we be able to upgrade the GPE edition like you normally would through the settings or will we have to wait for a manual update from you?

Guest WilliamLai

I got some problem.

I downloaded 4 files from your links,

and then entered the recovery mode.

But when I chose the word "RECOVERY",

I saw 3 arrows , one was pointing down, two were pointing to each other as a circle.

Then appeared a triangle with a exclamation mark in it.

After that, my phone restart without changes.

I thought it was because I didn't do S-off ,or Root??

But you said you fixedthe problem with S-off.

Sorry for my poor English.

I really want to try it, thank you for making this.

William

Guest FilyPhanatic

I got some problem.

I downloaded 4 files from your links,

and then entered the recovery mode.

But when I chose the word "RECOVERY",

I saw 3 arrows , one was pointing down, two were pointing to each other as a circle.

Then appeared a triangle with a exclamation mark in it.

After that, my phone restart without changes.

I thought it was because I didn't do S-off ,or Root??

But you said you fixedthe problem with S-off.

Sorry for my poor English.

I really want to try it, thank you for making this.

William

Hi, Your problem is that you do not have a custom recovery installed. The recommended recovery is TeamWinRecoveryProject (TWRP).

Guest Clselfridge

Hi thanks for the invite. Have S-Off and TWRP Been messing around trying different setups. Screwed the whole thing up twice in the process but I am loving the ability to just jump over with out losing anything(besides text messages and xposed). Tried a dirty flash over ARHD 12.1 and all went smooth. also did a clean flash and restored apps and data with htc backup and that went through with no issues too. Where I went wrong was flashing a mod to the gpe rom and clearing the caches the first time I screwed up... The second time I was trying to get the xposed app_processes to stick through the switch... Still not working for me even with the new zip... I am going to try another fresh install tomorrow and will see if I can get the xposed thing figured out. Just thought I would report. Again thanks for letting me be a part of this.

Guest battletank
As promised, details on how to install Xposed.

A custom installation system is required for now due to Switch changes, simply do the following:

• Download and install this APK - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Executed Xposed Installer from your launcher and click 'Install / Update'
  • Download this zip file and copy to your internal SD card - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Install the downloaded zip from your custom recovery

Hi Paul - should I completely remove Xposed and its modules first? Or wipe its data? Should it be added to the exclude folder? I've used the procedure above, and Xposed is surviving reboots but not surviving switches. I'm only activating it in Sense.

Thanks for all your help!

Guest Asdoos

Hey Folks,

I've tested the ROM now for 24h.

Everytime I switch, my CPU set to 1,7GHZ minmal frequenz. (Doesn't matter if Sense->GE or GE -> Sense)

I'll try a custom Kernel later and report.

Edited by Asdoos

Guest tmlhodge

Hey Folks,

I've tested the ROM now for 24h.

Everytime I switch, my CPU set to 1,7GHZ minmal frequenz. (Doesn't matter if Sense->GE or GE -> Sense)

I'll try a custom Kernel later and report.

Every day that I wake up I'm still white. I think it is because this is a beta. An we are only on beta 8.

Now maybe if you said that you are using some 3rd party app to set a cpu frequency this *might* be relevant.

But you did not go into such detail so I'm to assume that you are checking your cpu usage after boot and the cpu is set to 1700... Every time you boot.. Which is f'ing fast by the way.. But maybe just maybe (You did not specify) you are using a third party app to set the cpu frequency. How can you expect that to work with the stock kernel?

Guest WilliamLai

Hi, Your problem is that you do not have a custom recovery installed. The recommended recovery is TeamWinRecoveryProject (TWRP).

Hi, thank you,but I still don't know how to do it.I don't know what will TWRP do,I guess it is a backup app, and I had a back up with another app,so I didn't notice it. How to install costom recovery? Thank you for answering my question.

Guest mathiias

Hi, thank you,but I still don't know how to do it.I don't know what will TWRP do,I guess it is a backup app, and I had a back up with another app,so I didn't notice it. How to install costom recovery? Thank you for answering my question.

TWRP is a custom Recovery. You must have a custom Recovery in order to install any ROMs. http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/164

Guest Asdoos

Every day that I wake up I'm still white. I think it is because this is a beta. An we are only on beta 8.

Now maybe if you said that you are using some 3rd party app to set a cpu frequency this *might* be relevant.

But you did not go into such detail so I'm to assume that you are checking your cpu usage after boot and the cpu is set to 1700... Every time you boot.. Which is f'ing fast by the way.. But maybe just maybe (You did not specify) you are using a third party app to set the cpu frequency. How can you expect that to work with the stock kernel?

At the moment I've installed a 3rd party app for CPU cause my phne gets freaking hot and battery draines like hell.

And I know its a beta version and I'm happy that I can test it.

Guest PaulOBrien

I have noticed something strange, when in Facebook if I tap a photo in a post that has more than one photo in the same post, the phone vibrates when the photo opens. This happens on both sides of the switch. I have also confirmed that this doesn't happen on other phones with the same version of FB

What's the behaviour on a stock One?

Thank You for the invite. It's the actual first chance I'm getting to install it. I have S-On for my HTC One which shouldn't matter right? Also do I just flash Beta 1 and then Beta 8

If you have S-ON, just also flash the S-ON package and you're set.

Can I overwrite the Stock Sense files with a Custom Sense Rom?

Custom Sense + Google Edition would be nice

Not yet, but soon - I plan to work with developers to help make their ROMs compatible (e.g. ARHD).

Got this installed on my M7 today, straight from beta1 to beta8. I have to say its rather awesome, REALLY REALLY well done Paul! I've not spotted anything major yet but will definitely post it here if i see anything. One small thing I noticed, the MD5 checksum for the beta 1 in the 1st post is different from the actual MD5 of the ROM itself. Minor issue but just in case people might be confused (I downloaded the ROM twice to double check).

I'll check that and update if required.

- Some sounds (like whatsapp notification sound) not survive to the switch. Tried with rings extended, puting the files in the user folder and in the system/media folders.

- Xposed dont survive to the switch. I've installed the zip and nothing to do.

- When switch between both roms, Nova is uninstalled, The problem there isn't the popup for select the launcher, is that I've installed nova launcher prime (key) but not the app. After various tryouts I can solve it with titanium (long tap in both apps nova launcher and nova launcher prime and tap in make system app)

- I need to configure my e-mail accounts separately in both roms. I mean my work accounts (IMAP), the gmail accounts working perfectly.

- Like the others, I've others minor problems like the long time press in the power button or the widgets in nova launcher (when I switch they change or disappear)

For last I want to make a request for every betatesters, what is the best cuatom kernel for this? Is elementalX compatible? Whats the necessary process for flash? And the same for mods.

Again, thanks so much to Paul for the invitation and all for the support

Cheers

I'll install WhatsApp and have a look at that. Are you selecting from WhatsApp's own sounds? You need to install the zip and then 'install' from the Xposed app itself on both sides of the Switch. I haven't tried any custom kernels yet.

Guest PaulOBrien

Thank you Paul for the invite. I just had a question on roms. I am a Tmobile user in the US, they have a feature called wifi calling where if you have no signal you can log into a wifi network then you can make and receive calls over the net instead of cell network. Is there a way to make their sense rom the sense portion in switch rom?

It's feasible to port the T-Mo stock ROM to Switch, this may come later.

Just flashed Beta1, the Beta8 update and the root package. I can't boot the Google ROM as everytime I use the switch from Sense, it reboots several times and then boots into Sense again after the "Android is upgrading" screen and updating around 270 apps. Any help?

See the ADB command linked from the first post. If that doesn't work, try using the S-ON package.

When they release Android 4.3, will we be able to upgrade the GPE edition like you normally would through the settings or will we have to wait for a manual update from you?

It'll be an update from me, do not accept any OTAs.

The second time I was trying to get the xposed app_processes to stick through the switch... Still not working for me even with the new zip... I am going to try another fresh install tomorrow and will see if I can get the xposed thing figured out. Just thought I would report. Again thanks for letting me be a part of this.

Use the zip and the Xposed app install button on both sides of the Switch and you should be set!

Hi Paul - should I completely remove Xposed and its modules first? Or wipe its data? Should it be added to the exclude folder? I've used the procedure above, and Xposed is surviving reboots but not surviving switches. I'm only activating it in Sense.

See above. :)

Guest PaulOBrien

White? Ultra reliable here!

Guys, is it something wrong with my computer or with MD5 sums in the 1st post?..

I will check and update if required!

I got a problem。

I press the home key can't pop-up menu!

See this post.

At the moment I've installed a 3rd party app for CPU cause my phne gets freaking hot and battery draines like hell.

Nothing in the ROM should affect the One thermally aside from reboots are more intensive. :D

P