Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Omniken

Okay...after uninstall and reinstall it now shows...I'll leave this here incase anyone else runs into this issue. had to be related from the Custom Rom I came from... There's an issue with the sense camera though. I understand the differences between both of them but in sense camera there are color spectrums flaring out off of certain objects when outdoors whether in sun or shaded areas. I'm most likely an isolated issue...the switch other then that is perfect...both Roms are perfect and I'm enjoying both of them. Paul did a great thing here and I appreciate it greatly!

Much Thanks

Guest Lennyuk

Okay...after uninstall and reinstall it now shows...I'll leave this here incase anyone else runs into this issue. had to be related from the Custom Rom I came from... There's an issue with the sense camera though. I understand the differences between both of them but in sense camera there are color spectrums flaring out off of certain objects when outdoors whether in sun or shaded areas. I'm most likely an isolated issue...the switch other then that is perfect...both Roms are perfect and I'm enjoying both of them. Paul did a great thing here and I appreciate it greatly!

Much Thanks

I am sure a firmware update will fix your camera

and did you not wipe before flashing SWITCH?

Guest Omniken

No biggie...this was most likely an after effect from the Rom I was coming off of..I did a TIBU before I went through the process. Afterwards I restored them but the actual icons weren't showing on either ROM...I resolved it though it has nothing to do with the switch or either ROM...I'm good to go all is okay!

Guest hide598

I wish it could include all language keyboard, as it is missing some Chinese input keyboard..

Everything seems working fine, except LINE messenger app doesnt work after switching..

Edited by hide598

Guest RobBull

I finally decided to upgrade to the 2.24 firmware and, other than the MMS issue, everything is working perfectly. However, TWRP touch recovery is borked and I'm stuck using CWM classic. Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest Clselfridge
I finally decided to upgrade to the 2.24 firmware and, other than the MMS issue, everything is working perfectly. However, TWRP touch recovery is borked and I'm stuck using CWM classic. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you upgraded firmware you need to find the 2.6.0.1 version of TWRP for it to work with the new touch drivers. That's what I have and it works beautifully.

Guest Lennyuk

Flash TWRP 2.6.0.1.

Guest duyluandethuong

So far so good, flashed the Beta 8 and most of things work fine. However, in the Sense ROM, the are some cases where the audio from the HTC music player starts to play automatically, especially when there is a new notification from Facebook and Gmail. It happens lots of time, tried rebooting but no use. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest ApexPredation

I have HBoot 1.44 Radio 4A.14.3250.13 coming from stock dev One. CID-BS_US001. I am also s-off. Is there any benefit or risk to flashing the firmware.zip for 2.24 HBoot and radios? Mostly everything seems to be working fine as is so I know I don't need to, but I haven't put a SIM in yet so I cannot confirm that stuff is working properly.

Guest jawonder

You can even flash TWRP from your phone if you are not near a PC , use an app in the Playstore call "Flashify" .

Edited by jawonder

Guest PaulOBrien

So far so good, flashed the Beta 8 and most of things work fine. However, in the Sense ROM, the are some cases where the audio from the HTC music player starts to play automatically, especially when there is a new notification from Facebook and Gmail. It happens lots of time, tried rebooting but no use. Anyone have any ideas?

Weird, i've not seen that!

I have HBoot 1.44 Radio 4A.14.3250.13 coming from stock dev One. CID-BS_US001. I am also s-off. Is there any benefit or risk to flashing the firmware.zip for 2.24 HBoot and radios? Mostly everything seems to be working fine as is so I know I don't need to, but I haven't put a SIM in yet so I cannot confirm that stuff is working properly.

Since the 2.24 firmware isn't intended for that device, if it's all working, i'd probably steer clear.

P

Guest ApexPredation

Since the 2.24 firmware isn't intended for that device, if it's all working, i'd probably steer clear.

P

Cool thank you. That is what I was thinking I just needed a conformation from a pro.

Do you, or anybody else, know what the actual hardware differences are between the US and Euro versions? I know on paper it is the LTE compatibility, but that is all I can find. Is there an actual different antenna that changes LTE band or is this just software? It would be cool to make my One capable of receiving LTE now that I am in Norway.

Guest kogir

Just want to report in that I've installed this on my US Developer Edition with no problems (and without updating the firmware). Everything works great and the data sync is amazing. Thanks!

Guest ApexPredation

Just want to report in that I've installed this on my US Developer Edition with no problems (and without updating the firmware). Everything works great and the data sync is amazing. Thanks!

Yeah I am surprised how well it runs without flashing a different firmware. I presume your SIM is all set up and those functions are all operating properly? I am only on WiFi until I get a new SIM/plan so I have no way to confirm these operations. i.e. SMS/MMS, calling, and data.

Guest PaulOBrien

Cool thank you. That is what I was thinking I just needed a conformation from a pro.

Do you, or anybody else, know what the actual hardware differences are between the US and Euro versions? I know on paper it is the LTE compatibility, but that is all I can find. Is there an actual different antenna that changes LTE band or is this just software? It would be cool to make my One capable of receiving LTE now that I am in Norway.

I don't know i'm afraid!

I forget to install the s-on package, can I do it yet or must I begin completely from the beginning ?!

Just install it now, no problem. :)

P

Guest SGT MacBain

Got it all Hooked up on my ATT Htc One with no problems so far. Really smooth. One question though, Can we us our own roms?

P.S. Thanks Paul for Beta

Edit: Never mind found the post talking about Custom roms

Also i have found that the following kernel works on both roms without problem. just flash it like normal

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2307371

Edit: it works but breaks wifi on GE

Edited by SGT MacBain

Guest robinwe97

The US Version Don't have LTE in Europe!

The US Version don't be able to have LTE in Europe! That's becouse the frequency is not the same, in Europe 800Mhz and 2600Mhz in US 1600Mhz!

Guest robinwe97

Paul I'm in trouble now, I installed the s-on now my HTC one is booting to recovery when I switch an ask me to install untrusted package ?

Guest descenpet

Paul I'm in trouble now, I installed the s-on now my HTC one is booting to recovery when I switch an ask me to install untrusted package ?

that's normal if you use cwm with s-on.

use twrp and it will go through without asking you anything.

Guest robinwe97

Can I flash twrp directly about cmw ? Sorry for that stupid ask I'm a little bit out of the routine

Or should I install this package?

Edited by robinwe97