Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk

Alright thanks

And If I just wipe data and flash the rom,Will the applications/widgets show up or will the data just stay in the storage?

If you wipe data the phone is just like it is out the box (except your sdcard) you lose all your data unless you back it up first.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest AlbertoSONIC

Can i flash SWITCH without wipe data?

Another thing: flashing this rom, i'll have stock sense rom and stock ge rom.... Are there any ways to have a custom rom as sense rom? I love renvate rom mod...

Thanks in advance!

Guest Lennyuk

Another thing: flashing this rom, i'll have stock sense rom and stock ge rom.... Are there any ways to have a custom rom as sense rom? I love renvate rom mod...

Thanks in advance!

You can - but if things don't seem right then do a wipe and fresh install before moaning about it on here ;-)

Support for custom roms are coming in the future, this is still a beta remember!

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest philos64

No you need to do a full wipe (data included).

For the second question, it will come but later

Guest NeidRider

No you need to do a full wipe (data included).

For the second question, it will come but later

No, you don't. I didn't myself and everything works like a charm.

But, as lennyuk stated above, if anything seems wrong, better try with a wipe again, then complain here ;)

Guest zopostyle

no it needs to use a custom recovery to flash them

No, I can use fastboot boot cwm-recovery.img to boot in recovery and flash it, and keep recovery image as stock...

And even if I flash the custom recovery, I can switch back to stock one just to get the updates from official rom..

I'm planning to use Original HTC rom and Cyanogem...

Guest Lennyuk

No, I can use fastboot boot cwm-recovery.img to boot in recovery and flash it, and keep recovery image as stock...

And even if I flash the custom recovery, I can switch back to stock one just to get the updates from official rom..

I'm planning to use Original HTC rom and Cyanogem...

yes you can do that, but you would have to flash the OTA files manually (SWITCH OTA).

If you are planning on taking official HTC OTA's then your out of luck, a) they won't flash as files won't match properly and b ) if you did manage to get it to flash, which it won't, it would break SWITCH.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest zopostyle

yes you can do that, but you would have to flash the OTA files manually (SWITCH OTA).

If you are planning on taking official HTC OTA's then your out of luck, a) they won't flash as files won't match properly and B) if you did manage to get it to flash, which it won't, it would break SWITCH.

Huumm, thanks them.

Guest Lennyuk

Another thing, what about kernel? Can i flash a custom kernel?

you can't 'flash' it - you have to install the kernel manually for each rom (and not all custom kernels will support SWITCH) - adb commands are earlier in this thread.

Guest j1mmy g88

My device will not boot into gpe, I have an s-off htc one, coming from custom software, hboot 1.44. Install goes through fine, I am a bit stumped, Can anyone give me any tips?

Guest Lennyuk

My device will not boot into gpe, I have an s-off htc one, coming from custom software, hboot 1.44. Install goes through fine, I am a bit stumped, Can anyone give me any tips?

have you turned 'fast boot' off?

Guest AlbertoSONIC

you can't 'flash' it - you have to install the kernel manually for each rom (and not all custom kernels will support SWITCH) - adb commands are earlier in this thread.

I simply need Logo2Menu... How can i get it with the easier way? How can i discover if a kernel is switch compatible or less?

Guest Lennyuk

hi everyone

Rom may flash stock recovery on boot. fix?

YES or NO

thanks

is that what CWM is telling you?

Update to TWRP and it doesn't ask silly questions!

(anyway, yes continue)

Guest Lennyuk

I simply need Logo2Menu... How can i get it with the easier way? How can i discover if a kernel is switch compatible or less?

read through all the pages of this topic and you will know everything you need to know

Guest Lennyuk

Will this erase my internal SD card or should I back it up first?

flashing the rom doesn't wipe anything, it will only wipe if you tell it to wipe in recovery - so just don't tell it to wipe your sd.

but if you are worried back it up anyway.