Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest y2jdmbfan

flashing the rom doesn't wipe anything, it will only wipe if you tell it to wipe in recovery - so just don't tell it to wipe your sd.

but if you are worried back it up anyway.

Thanks!

Guest nobnut

thanks

If you meant should you select the 'fix root' prompt in CWM before you reboot. You should select 'no'.

From the OP:

• Select the recovery image's option to reboot (important: if prompted to fix root select 'Do Not Fix')

Guest Lennyuk

If you meant should you select the 'fix root' prompt in CWM before you reboot. You should select 'no'.

From the OP:

I don't think he meant that, CWM asks other silly questions too.

Guest debengue

I don't think he meant that, CWM asks other silly questions too.

From the OP:

i didn t mean that it was another Question.

Guest nobnut

@Paul for when you return from holiday.

Many thanks for SWITCH. I've been giving it a good run around and am very impressed. Besides what you have in your OP, have just found one small (but quite annoying issue). Following every SWITCH, my email and calendar account settings are still in place but they are always marked as not synced in settings. I have to manually recheck the boxes to allow them to sync automatically again. This happens both ways between SWITCHES and in both Sense and GE ROMS. It also happens every time and is easily reproducible.

Thanks again.

Guest Lennyuk

@Paul for when you return from holiday.

Many thanks for SWITCH. I've been giving it a good run around and am very impressed. Besides what you have in your OP, have just found one small (but quite annoying issue). Following every SWITCH, my email and calendar account settings are still in place but they are always marked as not synced in settings. I have to manually recheck the boxes to allow them to sync automatically again. This happens both ways between SWITCHES and in both Sense and GE ROMS. It also happens every time and is easily reproducible.

Thanks again.

try adding exclusions for those apps (well calendar if you sync with google?) email might not be a good idea.

Guest nobnut

try adding exclusions for those apps (well calendar if you sync with google?) email might not be a good idea.

That's not going to happen as I don't even use the same app. There are different mail apps in the ROMs.

It would be 'Settings' that I would need to exclude and I've already tried it.

Guest Lennyuk

That's not going to happen as I don't even use the same app. There are different mail apps in the ROMs.

It would be 'Settings' that I would need to exclude and I've already tried it.

no one else has reported this issue so I think we might have to assume its just you - after-al we have been pretty extensively testing this for quite a while now.

Guest nobnut

no one else has reported this issue so I think we might have to assume its just you - after-al we have been pretty extensively testing this for quite a while now.

LOL

You and your assumptions. I'll assume it isn't just me as I have flashed three times (all with wipe). It is always there.

Your testers maybe need some new specs.

Guest Lennyuk

LOL

You and your assumptions. I'll assume it isn't just me as I have flashed three times (all with wipe). It is always there.

well no one else has had this issue so.....

From what side are you adding the account?

What apps are you using?

Guest Lennyuk

I have yes

Did you wipe before flashing? If not try a wipe

Are you s-on? If so did you flash the s-on package?

Failing everything then just try flashing beta 1, beta 8, root, s-on (if you need it) again.

Guest RobBull

I'v read all pages about kernel, so there are no ways to have both Logo2menu and working wifi?

I have not found a kernel that works correctly after pushing libs and the image :blink: Outside of the inconvenience of 3 dot bars and no Logo2menu, Switch has been great. I keep it in GPE mode unless I know I'm going to use the camera or IR remote.

Guest descenpet

I'v read all pages about kernel, so there are no ways to have both Logo2menu and working wifi?

my WiFi is working along with l2m. I edited updater-script from bulletproof and used the modified installer.

I just started using it so I can't say if anything else broke.

Edited by descenpet

Guest X@nder

LOL

I actually experience the same issue, with an exchange account that is.

Guest nobnut

exchange might be down to some encryption issues?

No.

I've identified the issue and it is pretty much unfixable without breaking the concept behind SWITCH. It is ROM based and means that for certain types of Exchange accounts, you're out of luck unless you want to manually re-sync each time you SWITCH.

Kind of destroys the concept for me.

@Lenny - try not to comment about things you don't understand and haven't even investigated, and assume that a bug report is a user's mistake. You just make yourself look silly.

Guest Lennyuk

No.

I've identified the issue and it is pretty much unfixable without breaking the concept behind SWITCH. It is ROM based and means that for certain types of Exchange accounts, you're out of luck unless you want to manually re-sync each time you SWITCH.

Kind of destroys the concept for me.

@Lenny - try not to comment about things you don't understand and haven't even investigated, and assume that a bug report is a user's mistake. You just make yourself look silly.

to be fair you never actually explained what your issue was...you never said it was an exchange account, or really even suggested it was anything other than Google based.

I can only try to support based on the info I am given.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest Iambic

Thanks again for the original invitation. I'm finally getting around to this and noticed that the MD5 for the beta8 does not match the one posted but it does match with the one given for the S-On package. The S-On code does not match any of those posted. Is this something to worry about?

Guest Lennyuk
Thanks again for the original invitation. I'm finally getting around to this and noticed that the MD5 for the beta8 does not match the one posted but it does match with the one given for the S-On package. The S-On code does not match any of those posted. Is this something to worry about?

Last time I checked all the md5s were correct, but I don't think I checked when it was updated to beta 8.

Risk it ;-) (or wait a few secs and I will tell you the md5 of my file that was fine)

Edit: md5 on this pic https://copy.com/gWmKU

Edited by Lennyuk