Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest riassan

Glad your all sorted

What xposed mods are you using from the toolbox? Just curious to see if I can narrow it down to which one is causing to hang up?

Guest Lennyuk

What xposed mods are you using from the toolbox? Just curious to see if I can narrow it down to which one is causing to hang up?

Most of the ones in the HTC One section, no others.

Guest Lennyuk

Most of the ones in the HTC One section, no others.

Guest bkmerrick

Can someone please tell me if free WiFi tethering works once I set this up. I have an att HTC one. Just got my nexus 7 today so I'd love to get that going.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by bkmerrick

Guest riassan
Can someone please tell me if free WiFi tethering works once I set this up. I have an att HTC one. Just got my nexus 7 today so I'd love to get that going.

Thank you in advance.

For me it does, but I have tethering on my plan too

Guest bkmerrick

For me it does, but I have tethering on my plan too

Thank you in advance.

Thanks, I don't have that as part of my plan. I I figured maybe it would work on the GE since it worked without paying for it when I used to have the nexus 4

Guest theotherosully

Ok, bear with me here while I try to explain this.

I use Facebook Messenger for my text messages and Tweetification for Twitter notifications. What I've found is that if I don't install Tweetification first, then Messenger, Messenger will intercept the Twitter notification texts.

I installed the Switch with Beta 8 this past weekend and it worked well. I got my settings squared away (Tweetification first, then Messenger). Then I switched over to the GE ROM. It lost all the settings. Messenger ended up intercepting the texts for my Twitter notifications.

Is there any way around this?

Hope it makes sense.

Guest FilyPhanatic

First, could everyone please list the kernels that work with SWITCH? and second, may I have recommendations on kernels please??

Guest descenpet

First, could everyone please list the kernels that work with SWITCH? and second, may I have recommendations on kernels please??

any kernel that work on stock/normal roms should work with switch too if you modify the installer properly. so far i've tested buletproof and elememtalx.

Guest mysdavey

What exactly is the S-ON package? I'm running a custom HBOOT with S-OFF using revone, will applying the S-ON package brick the device?

Guest Lennyuk

Thanks, I don't have that as part of my plan. I I figured maybe it would work on the GE since it worked without paying for it when I used to have the nexus 4

Carriers can always detect when you are tethering, it is then up to them if they decide to punish you for it or not - if you are doing a lot of tethering its probably best to consider adding it to your plan (if that is an option!)

Guest Lennyuk

What exactly is the S-ON package? I'm running a custom HBOOT with S-OFF using revone, will applying the S-ON package brick the device?

It won't brick the device it will just needlessly make you boot to recovery to manually flash a file (I say manually... it does it itself, but its not just like running a script) when you try to SWITCH.

If you are s-off don't flash it.

Guest Lennyuk

Ok, bear with me here while I try to explain this.

I use Facebook Messenger for my text messages and Tweetification for Twitter notifications. What I've found is that if I don't install Tweetification first, then Messenger, Messenger will intercept the Twitter notification texts.

I installed the Switch with Beta 8 this past weekend and it worked well. I got my settings squared away (Tweetification first, then Messenger). Then I switched over to the GE ROM. It lost all the settings. Messenger ended up intercepting the texts for my Twitter notifications.

Is there any way around this?

Hope it makes sense.

Messenger (as in SMS) is an independant app on both roms, if you are doing something that alters the behaviour of one, you will have to redo it on the other too.

My guess is you will have to silo (exclude) tweetifications then set it up separately on both roms, although if you just used the stock twitter app you wouldn't need to use an app like that anyway....

Guest ascito

well via fastboot, but yes you can.

well I flashed TWRP recovery but I still have the same problem with SU. Each time a switch, SU requires to be updated. See pics attached. I have to follow twice the procedure before getting rid of it temporarily.post-118093-13751908687922_thumb.jpgpost-118093-13751909268957_thumb.jpgpost-118093-13751909412035_thumb.jpg

Guest Lennyuk

well I flashed TWRP recovery but I still have the same problem with SU. Each time a switch, SU requires to be updated. See pics attached. I have to follow twice the procedure before getting rid of it temporarily.post-118093-13751908687922_thumb.jpgpost-118093-13751909268957_thumb.jpgpost-118093-13751909412035_thumb.jpg

What happens when on that final screen you press "normal" rather than CWM? does it not update?

You should only have to do it once - but remember chainfire has been updating the binary quite often the last few weeks so it might just be that there is actually a new update rather than it asking you to install the same one over and over.

You will have to update the binary once in each rom you are in.

Guest JakeZeeteex

Hi guys, been running SWITCH for a good few days now... And just a few things have come up, apart from these im loving it, such great versatility and absolutely brilliant in terms of customization. It really sets my One, not only apart from other One's but also, all other Android devices. I love it.

So, the only bug I have found is with a single third party app, now, i dont know if anyone here is a player of Biowares latest MMO, SWTOR... But I am, and the app that enables two step security by means of a security key (SWTORSK), does not work in the GPE. Seen as i personally use the GPE most, I have to switch back to Sense just to log into my SWTOR account!

And here is my question. Is it possible to use sense specific apps across on the GPE? Specifically the 'car' app, which is basically a cut down, big buttoned skin for use in cars.

Thanks again guys! Well done.

Edited by JakeZeeteex

Guest Lennyuk

At this moment it is not really possible to use Sense apps in GPE as a lot of the framework files that those apps require are missing - Paul has said he will work on a 'best of both' rom in the future - this will be one rom not a switch that combines all the bits you want from each rom type.

as for the app your having problems with, does that app work on a nexus device or stock GE outside of switch? - We need to know this before we can really start to diagnose the issue.

Guest ascito

What happens when on that final screen you press "normal" rather than CWM? does it not update?

You should only have to do it once - but remember chainfire has been updating the binary quite often the last few weeks so it might just be that there is actually a new update rather than it asking you to install the same one over and over.

You will have to update the binary once in each rom you are in.

When I press "normal" it simply reboots, not finding stock recovery. However now I am with TWRP. I made several attempts: sometimes it simply keeps on rebooting in recovery without doing nothing. While sometimes it happens that after rebooting in recovery, it effectively does an update. But the very next time I switch it asks me to update SU binary once again. I also tried to download the update.zip on XDA DEV thread and applying it via recovery. But it didn't solve the issue.

Edited by ascito

Guest descenpet

Well when I press "normal" it simply reboot, not finding stock recovery. However now I am with TWRP. I made several attempts: sometimes it simply keeps on rebooting in recovery without doing nothing. While sometimes it happens that after rebooting in recovery, it effectively does an update. But the very next time I switch it asks me to update SU binary once again. I also tried to download the update.zip on XDA DEV thread and applying it via recovery. But it didn't solve the issue.

changes made to /system/bin and /system/xbin doesn't survive a switch. that's why it is asking you to update it each time you switch. extract the zip and apply it manually to /system/SWITCH/gpe/(bin/xbin) and /system/SWITCH/sense/(bin/xbin).

easier way is to replace the files in paul's zip with the ones you downloaded from chainfire. only replace the ones with same name, just ignore the rest.

Guest ascito

changes made to /system/bin and /system/xbin doesn't survive a switch. that's why it is asking you to update it each time you switch. extract the zip and apply it manually to /system/SWITCH/gpe/(bin/xbin) and /system/SWITCH/sense/(bin/xbin).

easier way is to replace the files in paul's zip with the ones you downloaded from chainfire. only replace the ones with same name, just ignore the rest.

Thank you...it's a boring thing to do each time SU Binary gets updated...

Guest descenpet

Thank you...it's a boring thing to do each time SU Binary gets updated...

paul said something like he will change it in future so that changes stick. but for now, you will have to do manually whenever chainfire updates. and he is updating way too frequently in past few days.

Guest Lennyuk

paul said something like he will change it in future so that changes stick. but for now, you will have to do manually whenever chainfire updates. and he is updating way too frequently in past few days.

can't be helped though - he is trying to find a good solution for root on 4.3 as google have made a lot of changes in that department.

Guest Bhavwazhere

Why does this come with the 4.2 camera but not the Google play edition camera in the ge ROM? Other then that this is working flawlessly .

Guest descenpet

Why does this come with the 4.2 camera but not the Google play edition camera in the ge ROM? Other then that this is working flawlessly .

huh? it is gpe camera :huh: