Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ApexPredation

I don't know what happened but I cant switch any more. I haven't messed with any settings or tried any mods. when I hit the switch it just reboots to sense. I have reflashed Beta 8 with no luck if i flash beta 1 without a wipe will I lose my settings and data?

Guest Lennyuk

I miss informed, it's on the GE side, reflashing beta 8 didn't fix it .

The OTA app is not meant to be on the GE side, it's to stop you flashing things while booted in GE which breaks stuff ;-)

Guest Lennyuk
I don't know what happened but I cant switch any more. I haven't messed with any settings or tried any mods. when I hit the switch it just reboots to sense. I have reflashed Beta 8 with no luck if i flash beta 1 without a wipe will I lose my settings and data?

You will lose your accounts but no data.

Guest jawonder

The OTA app is not meant to be on the GE side, it's to stop you flashing things while booted in GE which breaks stuff ;-)

Strange, i had it in the GE Rom and it suddenly disappeared .

Guest erckul

Use the zip and the Xposed app install button on both sides of the Switch and you should be set!

wasn't aware of this either. fixed it perfectly. Thanks!

Guest riassan

How's things running for everyone? Does anyone here have the bulletproof or elementalx kernels with fixed script for switch?

Edited by riassan

Guest Lennyuk

Will Switch be ported to the Sprint version of HTC One?

That is a question only paul can answer (and he is on holiday) - but what I can tell you is Paul plans to open this up to all devs so any Sprint One Rom maker could make a rom that works with Switch, if Paul doesn't do an official port himself that is.

Guest deeevan

@Paul for when you return from holiday.

Many thanks for SWITCH. I've been giving it a good run around and am very impressed. Besides what you have in your OP, have just found one small (but quite annoying issue). Following every SWITCH, my email and calendar account settings are still in place but they are always marked as not synced in settings. I have to manually recheck the boxes to allow them to sync automatically again. This happens both ways between SWITCHES and in both Sense and GE ROMS. It also happens every time and is easily reproducible.

Thanks again.

no one else has reported this issue so I think we might have to assume its just you - after-al we have been pretty extensively testing this for quite a while now.

My experience may be the same issue or similar. My calendar events have gone missing twice. I only noticed this in Sense because I use the calendar widget.

In Sense ROM, Settings > Accounts & sync, it said my Google account has experienced a sync error. Clicking through, I unticked and reticked Calendar and it would sync. A couple switches later, I can still see that Google has experienced a sync error.

I removed and re-added the account and it seems fine for now. Have you done this?

Guest mihirg

Oh :)

Happy to see this.

Must say, I was a little taken aback when I realized this was it own ROM. I thought I would be able to choose my own 2 Roms to run through switch. Oh well.

These Roms that you used, are they complete stock? I mean, do they have any features outside the normal unrooted HTC Ones?

Also, how does Switch affect battery life?

Thanks to any responder :)

Guest Lennyuk

Oh :)

Happy to see this.

Must say, I was a little taken aback when I realized this was it own ROM. I thought I would be able to choose my own 2 Roms to run through switch. Oh well.

These Roms that you used, are they complete stock? I mean, do they have any features outside the normal unrooted HTC Ones?

Also, how does Switch affect battery life?

Thanks to any responder :)

They are both completely stock roms.

Switch only effects battery in the sense that you have to 'reboot' to switch and rebooting on any rom takes a bit of power.

Paul is opening it up to devs so in the future you will probably be able to select your own two roms, but for now (this is a beta afteral) you have to use the two stock roms provided.

You can use Root + Xposed to modify most things.

Guest linedpaper

Hello, new here and just flashed Switch. I'm struggling trying to figure out how best to handle my launchers. Is it possible to have two different instances of Nova so I can use a different Nova config in GE and in Sense? If not, I'd like to use Nova in Sense and the GE stock one in GE, but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I tried moving the nova APK into the /system/SWITCH/sense/app folder, but now I don't see it in my list of apps, but I can launch it if I search for it, however the home button puts me back onto the Sense launcher. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

Guest descenpet

Hello, new here and just flashed Switch. I'm struggling trying to figure out how best to handle my launchers. Is it possible to have two different instances of Nova so I can use a different Nova config in GE and in Sense? If not, I'd like to use Nova in Sense and the GE stock one in GE, but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I tried moving the nova APK into the /system/SWITCH/sense/app folder, but now I don't see it in my list of apps, but I can launch it if I search for it, however the home button puts me back onto the Sense launcher. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

you can have separate settings on each side for nova. read 1st post. there is instruction for how to.

Guest linedpaper

you can have separate settings on each side for nova. read 1st post. there is instruction for how to.

Ok, I had done that so I guess I'm having a different issue. After making that change I can't set it as default in the Sense side, every time I hit home the Sense launcher loads and in app settings the Nova launcher is set as default.

Guest descenpet

Ok, I had done that so I guess I'm having a different issue. After making that change I can't set it as default in the Sense side, every time I hit home the Sense launcher loads and in app settings the Nova launcher is set as default.

i heard you have to disable stock launchers if you want to use nova for both side. else you will have default issue. Edited by descenpet

Guest jawonder

you mean app_process?

When i install a tweak from the tool box it does not stick after a reboot, e.g."advanced reboot option" . The "app_process" that was instructed to put in Switch GE and Sense where is it ?, i check the Xposed installer zip and i see 3 in "armv5te" ending with:- sdk15,sdk16 and sdk17 and also 3 in "armv7-a" ending with the same 3 sdks. Which of these am i to use ?.