Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk
Will we ever be able to enable fastboot with use for SWITCH?

Only if S-On as recovery flashes the files. If s-off it doesn't reboot properly to run the script it needs to.

Guest FilyPhanatic

Only if S-On as recovery flashes the files. If s-off it doesn't reboot properly to run the script it needs to.

What are the advantages of switching without using recovery then? the boot seems would be faster with recovery

Edited by FilyPhanatic

Guest Lennyuk

What are the advantages of switching without using recovery then? the boot seems would be faster with recovery

It's faster without recovery as the recovery process takes longer to flash.

So recovery + fastboot is still slower than using neither.

Guest tomf00lery

Ever since installing Switch, restarting the phone to switch between the ROM's, TWRP runs a recovery script. Is this normal?

And also, the Google Play ROM, is pretty much unuseable, with constant 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped', 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.media has stopped.', 'Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped'. I can only just get into the menu to change back to the Sense ROM. Any suggestions?

S–off it solved my issues

Guest mechanimal82

Looks like the calendar from the GPe side is showing up on the Sense side after it updates.

I found this too. If you want an app to only be available in one of the ROMS only (i.e. Google Calendar, Nova Launcher etc) you just need to move the .apk from 'data/app/' (or 'system/app/') to '/system/SWITCH/*ROM/app'

*Where ROM is 'gpe' or 'switch'

Guest Lennyuk

I found this too. If you want an app to only be available in one of the ROMS only (i.e. Google Calendar, Nova Launcher etc) you just need to move the .apk from 'data/app/' (or 'system/app/') to '/system/SWITCH/*ROM/app'

*Where ROM is 'gpe' or 'switch'

And you will have to do this each time the app is updated.

Guest Lennyuk

I need some help diagnosing a possible issue

Please take a nandroid before attempting!

1) Open up "car mode" in the sense rom, then hit "Speak" - what happens? does it say "please wait" forever or does the mode actually load?

2) exit speak and car mode (regardless of outcome of end of step 1) and do a normal reboot (not a switch) - does it bootloop?

Anyone who has a working speak mode and no bootloop please confirm the following

a) How are your contacts saved? google account?

b ) Do you use Google Play Music? Or do you have any music on the device visible in the stock HTC Music app?

Please help - I am hoping this is not a larger issue, if it is we will have to look into it for a future beta.

If you did get a bootloop just reboot into recovery (hold power and volume down) and restore your nandroid - and be sure not to open speak mode again!

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest mechanimal82

Sorry mate, I forgot to mention to you.

I did try the speech mode on Friday and can confirm it just sat on the... "Loading Contacts & Apps" (or whatever it says), and did not load. Fortunately though, after rebooting afterwards I didn't get a bootloop though.

I'm intrigued to see if anyone has this working OK on stock, as I can't see why it'd behave differently on SWITCH.

Guest hide598

I think the internet doesn't work on all apps, such as "LINE I Love Coffee", it says no network connection while in sense mode, but it works perfectly fine on GPe.

I bet there should be more apps that had this error..

Guest descenpet

1) Open up "car mode" in the sense rom, then hit "Speak" - what happens? does it say "please wait" forever or does the mode actually load?

2) exit speak and car mode (regardless of outcome of end of step 1) and do a normal reboot (not a switch) - does it bootloop?

Anyone who has a working speak mode and no bootloop please confirm the following

b ) Do you use Google Play Music? Or do you have any music on the device visible in the stock HTC Music app?

Please help - I am hoping this is not a larger issue, if it is we will have to look into it for a future beta.

If you did get a bootloop just reboot into recovery (hold power and volume down) and restore your nandroid - and be sure not to open speak mode again!

1) it doesn't load.

2) no bootloop

a)contacts are all on google

b)not using google play music. there are some mp3 on phone. have played them using google play music on gpe side if that counts.

Guest tomf00lery

Um I just realized I don't even have car mode now...

Guest mechanimal82

Can anyone think of a simple way for tasker to be able to identify which ROM is booted? I was thinking of a file search to see if Nova is in data/app but that's not going to be useful as a generic test, anyone got any ideas?

Guest descenpet

Can anyone think of a simple way for tasker to be able to identify which ROM is booted? I was thinking of a file search to see if Nova is in data/app but that's not going to be useful as a generic test, anyone got any ideas?

if you want to search file, search something in /system. searching /data is gonna be the same for both side.

if you are trying to get different tasker setup for each side, you can just exclude tasker data and you will have different setup on each side without all those trouble.

Guest mechanimal82
if you want to search file, search something in /system. searching /data is gonna be the same for both side.

if you are trying to get different tasker setup for each side, you can just exclude tasker data and you will have different setup on each side without all those trouble.

That's true. I guess running two instances could work, although would be a pain when setting up a profile which needs to run on both. Is data the same? That's a possibility though. Anyone else think of a way to check? Or is running two instances going to be the only option?

Guest mrlatinos

I installed beta 8 with s-on support and it has been working great. I was getting annoyed by the way s-on works so I recently used revone for s-off. Now how do I eliminate the s-on support package (having to go into TWRP and installing the untrusted zip)? I don't want to have to reinstall everything.

Guest Lennyuk

I installed beta 8 with s-on support and it has been working great. I was getting annoyed by the way s-on works so I recently used revone for s-off. Now how do I eliminate the s-on support package (having to go into TWRP and installing the untrusted zip)? I don't want to have to reinstall everything.

Delete

/data/SWITCH/son

or

/system/SWITCH/son

whichever it is, I have never used son so I forget where it is placed - but it is that simple.

Guest mrlatinos

Delete

/data/SWITCH/son

or

/system/SWITCH/son

whichever it is, I have never used son so I forget where it is placed - but it is that simple.

It was in data. I deleted it, but now it just reboots and doesn't switch. Any suggestions?

Guest Lennyuk

It was in data. I deleted it, but now it just reboots and doesn't switch. Any suggestions?

have you made sure fastboot is off in menu > settings > power?