Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mrlatinos

And you are certain you are s-off?

Yes, see for yourself.

EDIT: Everytime I reboot from recovery it still asks if I want to fix the ROM flashing stock recovery. I was under the assumption to select No instead of "Yes - disable recovery flash." Is this true?

post-1022241-0-85319100-1376480256_thumb

Edited by mrlatinos

Guest Lennyuk

Yes, see for yourself.

Sorry, I had to check!

Right in which case I am not sure what is happening - is it just rebooting back into sense when you try to switch?

I know you wanted to avoid a reflash but you might need to - you could try it without a wipe (flash everything but don't flash s-on), you will keep all data except your accounts which will be wiped when you do the first switch to GPE - so data loss is minimal.

See if that works.

If that still causes issues you may have to try a full wipe.

Guest mrlatinos

Yeah it just boots right back into sense. Let me try flashing just the root package to see if that needs to be fixed because I did update it. If that doesn't work I guess I'll try reflashing everything else. I have everything backed up so if I do need to wipe it's not a huge issue. It just takes a while to restore it all back to normal.

Guest nitr01

Whenever I run switch and boot to Google Play Edition its taking me to clockworkmod recovery and it wants me to "Install Untrusted Package". If I choose no I get booted back to Sense. If I choose yes I get an option to reboot but then also get a question whether I was to "Disable recovery flash". I've been choosing no to this as well. Any ideas on how to stop this and automatically switch without recovery mode?

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi all!

I'm back from holiday and just clearing some urgent workload so I can update Switch! :)

Top priority of course is the 4.3 update, but there are some other changes too... i'll be adding the ability to flash kernels 'normally' (no Switch specific changes needed) as well as resolving 2 outstanding issues - the loss of changes to bin / xbin dirs on Switch and the loss of account sync status for some users when Switching.

I have some other ideas too, but bear with me while I concentrate on 4.3 initially - there's a few changes in there I need to deal with! :)

P

Guest jonathandownin

Hi all!

I'm back from holiday and just clearing some urgent workload so I can update Switch! :)

Top priority of course is the 4.3 update, but there are some other changes too... i'll be adding the ability to flash kernels 'normally' (no Switch specific changes needed) as well as resolving 2 outstanding issues - the loss of changes to bin / xbin dirs on Switch and the loss of account sync status for some users when Switching.

I have some other ideas too, but bear with me while I concentrate on 4.3 initially - there's a few changes in there I need to deal with! :)

P

Thanks for all the hard work. Beta 8 has been a great experience and I'm very much looking forward to GPE 4.3.

Edited by jonathandownin

Guest mechanimal82
Hi all!

P

No worries Paul. Busybox is a pain to have to keep reinstalling, but that's the only bug that I've really had issues with... Oh other than the car dock issue that Glen's also having.

I do like the idea of easy flashing of custom kernels though.

Thanks Paul.

Guest perfectB

Hi, I've been using Switch since it opened to the public. The HTC One is my first Android device after using iOS for a few years. I really enjoy Switch and here are some of the issues I've noticed:

-I'm having the issue where MMS on the GPe get stuck on 'sending' but never do

-The weather scheduled sync in Sense resets after a switch (I believe both of these are known)

And some app specific issues:

-YouTube videos will not load in Chrome in GPe. They work fine in Sense. The YouTube app works fine on both sides. This isn't a big issue but a bit strange.

-Snapchat notifications are set to on but I do not receive them. Additionally, snapchat videos will not load in Sense. If I try to record one, it says 'this video cannot be played' and fails to send. The video issues are not present in GPe.

I only mention the app specific ones in case they are indicative of some type of larger issues. Keep up the great work!

Guest mrlatinos

Sorry, I had to check!

Right in which case I am not sure what is happening - is it just rebooting back into sense when you try to switch?

I know you wanted to avoid a reflash but you might need to - you could try it without a wipe (flash everything but don't flash s-on), you will keep all data except your accounts which will be wiped when you do the first switch to GPE - so data loss is minimal.

See if that works.

If that still causes issues you may have to try a full wipe.

So I ended up reflashing everything and it works perfectly now. Like you said, everything remained except accounts which wasn't too bad to set up. Thanks for the help! Don't know why deleting the s-on file just didn't work though.

Guest robinwe97

Whenever I run switch and boot to Google Play Edition its taking me to clockworkmod recovery and it wants me to "Install Untrusted Package". If I choose no I get booted back to Sense. If I choose yes I get an option to reboot but then also get a question whether I was to "Disable recovery flash". I've been choosing no to this as well. Any ideas on how to stop this and automatically switch without recovery mode?

you use cmw ? Install twrp then the problem is solved.

If you want switch without recovery flash you must s-off

Guest robinwe97

Hi, I've been using Switch since it opened to the public. The HTC One is my first Android device after using iOS for a few years. I really enjoy Switch and here are some of the issues I've noticed:

-I'm having the issue where MMS on the GPe get stuck on 'sending' but never do

-The weather scheduled sync in Sense resets after a switch (I believe both of these are known)

And some app specific issues:

-YouTube videos will not load in Chrome in GPe. They work fine in Sense. The YouTube app works fine on both sides. This isn't a big issue but a bit strange.

-Snapchat notifications are set to on but I do not receive them. Additionally, snapchat videos will not load in Sense. If I try to record one, it says 'this video cannot be played' and fails to send. The video issues are not present in GPe.

I only mention the app specific ones in case they are indicative of some type of larger issues. Keep up the great work!

i checked that. With the MMS you're right but anything else works fine.

Guest GenShard

So if I flash this to the 4G I'll lose 4G functionality, which in rural Queensland is none existent anyway, but my question is this...

Will it break anything else?

Guest Lennyuk

So if I flash this to the 4G I'll lose 4G functionality, which in rural Queensland is none existent anyway, but my question is this...

Will it break anything else?

You are incorrectly identifying your device - saying it is "4G" is not enough - my european phone is 4G but it is not the same as your US 4G one.

Go to the bootloader screen and show us what your device type is.

Mine is "M7_UL" which is the LTE variant in europe.

Guest GenShard

You are incorrectly identifying your device - saying it is "4G" is not enough - my european phone is 4G but it is not the same as your US 4G one.

Mine is "M7_UL" which is the LTE variant in europe.

Yes

M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH

HBOOT-1.54.0000

RADIO-4A.17.3250.14

O9enDSP-v31.120.274.0617

OS-2.24.980.2

Voila

Guest GenShard

Mine isM7_UL" which is the LTE variant in europe.

Just out of curiousity, why incorrectly assume that I have an American model?

Australia usually get the European or international models FYI

Guest Lennyuk

Just out of curiousity, why incorrectly assume that I have an American model?

Australia usually get the European or international models FYI

Just the way you were saying 4G as if it were special, only usually people with US variants do that in my experience, sorry.

You will be fine to flash SWITCH on that model - nothing will break even LTE would work if you wanted it to.

Plus I wasn't aware you had EU models over there - I thought it was Asian or US - thanks for the info.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest descenpet

Just the way you were saying 4G as if it were special, only usually people with US variants do that in my experience, sorry.

You will be fine to flash SWITCH on that model - nothing will break even LTE would work if you wanted it to.

Plus I wasn't aware you had EU models over there - I thought it was Asian or US - thanks for the info.

australia get the same m7_ul, yes it is UL, as asia, PN0714000 and on stock it shows LTE as 4G.

Guest wossman

Hi guys

Love the great work being done with SWITCH, Paul.

Is there an updated root zip with SuperSU 1.51? I've tried flashing the latelst zip from Chainfire's site but everytime I switch ROMs, root breaks.

Thanks much!

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 9 will be released soon, featuring the 4.3 update!

It's not available for download via OTA yet (further testing needed), but if you want to download it manually, you can do so here:

The usual caveats apply, backup first, flash when in Sense mode! :)

Not that there are no other changes in this release other than those related to the 4.3 update.

P

Guest Lennyuk

Anyone who flashes beta 9 please check the following:

Google account sync status - are there any errors on the gpe side?

Persistent Notifications that you have disabled - are these persisting on one side and not the other?

Please note: xposed will not work on 4.3 for the time being.