Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jawonder

After installing Beta 10 should my Android Version still be 4.2.2 ?.

Edit :- Ok i see now, 4.3 is only on the GE side .

Edited by jawonder

Guest barak.kl

Paul first of all thanks for all your hard work

I have installed the latest beta (10) and I have a small problem.

I'm using Waze application for navigation when I open Waze on the sense rom it crash but when I open it on Gpe it works perfectly. (before I have installed switch I used Waze with sense)

Let me know if you need anymore data.

Edited by barak.kl

Guest Lennyuk

Android Device Manger can't locate my device but Google Play Web Store works fine

did you try on both sense and gpe? My guess is it will locate you on one rom and not the other.

Same for Google Play Web Store, did you try on both roms?

Guest Lennyuk

Paul first of all thanks for all your hard work

I have installed the latest beta (10) and I have a small problem.

I'm using Waze application for navigation when I open Waze on the sense rom it crash but when I open it on Gpe it works perfectly. (before I have installed switch I used Waze with sense)

Let me know if you need anymore data.

It is possible that the waze version you have installed is for 4.3 only - which is why it doesn't work on the sense side - although I am not certain on this fact.

Guest barak.kl

I have removed the application (when I was on the sense Rom) and reinstall it. But it didn't work. I believe when you uninstall and reinstall Google play store will download the binary suitable to your device.

Guest Lennyuk

I have removed the application (when I was on the sense Rom) and reinstall it. But it didn't work. I believe when you uninstall and reinstall Google play store will download the binary suitable to your device.

I just installed waze and it seems to be running fine on sense

Guest barak.kl

OK so I have switched to the sense Rom cleared all application data Uninstalled the application then reinstall the application and it Didn't crash on the sense rom.

Then i switched back to GPE and tried the application now its crashing only on GPE.

Edited by barak.kl

Guest Lennyuk

OK so I have switched to the sense Rom cleared all application data Uninstalled the application then reinstall the application and it Didn't crash on the sense rom.

Then i switched back to GPE and tried the application now its crashing only on GPE.

try to exclude waze

adb shell touch /data/SWITCH/exclude/com.waze

Guest robinwe97

did you try on both sense and gpe? My guess is it will locate you on one rom and not the other.

I tried it in gpe

@Paul Google account manager always crash when a APP whant a right from the Google account to do something

Guest hypocritelecteur

Why isn't the changelog current? Only shows an update in July.

Also--is it currently possible, or planned to allow switching between a custom sense and a custom GE rom? Cuz that would get me hard.

Guest PaulOBrien

I tried it in gpe

@Paul Google account manager always crash when a APP whant a right from the Google account to do something

Could you explain what you mean?

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Why isn't the changelog current? Only shows an update in July.

Also--is it currently possible, or planned to allow switching between a custom sense and a custom GE rom? Cuz that would get me hard.

Ah yes, I forgot about that, I'll update it!

Custom ROM support will follow.

P

Guest robinwe97

So now i tried i both Roms

Facit: in gpe: ADM can't locate but can call me also Google play web install the apps directly

In sense: ADM doesn't work, no location and no call also Google play web doesn't work

Guest robinwe97

Could you explain what you mean?

P

Some apps need the right from my Google ACC then in the statusbar is a notification when i tip on this it says 'Google account manager crashes'

Can you speak a little bit german thats match easier to explain for me..

Edited by robinwe97

Guest hypocritelecteur

Ah yes, I forgot about that, I'll update it!

Custom ROM support will follow.

P

Awesome and awesome!

Any chance you might include xposed preinstalled? It's kind of a pain to do over and over again on the one. :)

Guest hypocritelecteur

One more question for you Paul, to grease my wallet before I visit Indiegogo for ya--

Custom kernels will not work with this, right? Or at least not install in the traditional twrp flash?

Guest matthewpucc

I just updated to beta 10 via the ota updater. After the script ran to switch me to gpe, the device stops loading at the htc boot splash. Is there a way to manually trigger a switch back to sense to see if that fixes it or should I proceed with a wipe?

Guest robinwe97

I just updated to beta 10 via the ota updater. After the script ran to switch me to gpe, the device stops loading at the htc boot splash. Is there a way to manually trigger a switch back to sense to see if that fixes it or should I proceed with a wipe?

You're in a bootloop

Have you a backup ?

Guest matthewpucc

You're in a bootloop

Have you a backup ?

No. :( It's not a big deal to wipe and start over just wanted to see if there are steps to take before that.

Guest robinwe97

Make

No. :( It's not a big deal to wipe and start over just wanted to see if there are steps to take before that.

So...make a wipe an then follow the steps to install switch.

Flash beta1

Then flash the beta10 update zip

If you s-on flash s-on zip

If you want root then also flash root package.