Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GenShard

Thanks Paul, for a wonderful idea, I'm no newb when it comes to flashing and adb/fastboot etc so I'm pretty good at debugging these devices. Honestly I usually stay stock but Switch was just too great an idea to pass up.

Thing is I'm no dev and I can only point out flaws I see. Such as, is there not some sort of apk, to be built, that could do a backup of sms and mms logs pre switch to then restore on boot? I can't imagine it'd be that hard, hell even some sort of script in switch itself?

Anyhoo, thanks for a great product and after pledging I eagerly await the S4 variant.

(And stay Stock and GPe. It's cleaner and sexier anyways)

Edited by GenShard

Guest Joeny217

Hello everyone involved in this project...I Just want to say thanks for your efforts...I have been following this project since i heard about it on Android Central and i am totally a fan...I have been running beta 1-8 for a while and its running great with a few hick ups...mms...weather app not surviving switch...gps acting up...but nothing major...After I received the beta 10 update the weather app., mms., are still not surviving the switch which is not a big deal but the biggest problem i found was that when using GPe, calls do not come through. The phone rings but no caller ID or an option to pick up the call. The phone freezes until the caller hangs up and than the only way to know who called you is by going to the call log and see the missed calls...Other than that sense runs great. I have not tested everything but GPS works great now and MMS still not working. I have not tried to play with settings yet, but i just want to report on my findings so far....

Great Job...

Guest Monocat

Hi guys

I am stuck at an endless loop.

I installed the beta 10 update and initially everything was working OK. I booted the sense ROM, then the GPE. All was working.

Then decided to boot back to Sense and from then on I am stuck at an endless loop. I can enter the recovery, tried to flash the update again, but no luck. Still infinite boot loop.

Can anybody help?? Would appreciate very much. Btw I am S-on

Guest Lennyuk
Hi guys

I am stuck at an endless loop.

I installed the beta 10 update and initially everything was working OK. I booted the sense ROM, then the GPE. All was working.

Then decided to boot back to Sense and from then on I am stuck at an endless loop. I can enter the recovery, tried to flash the update again, but no luck. Still infinite boot loop.

Can anybody help?? Would appreciate very much. Btw I am S-on

Flash beta 1 beta 10 s-off (and root)

If that still doesn't work then you will have to wipe and start over.

Guest thetechoftacos

You can also find app_process by installing it (via Xposed settings) then going to /system/bin - cut it from there and past it in /system/SWITCH/(sense/gpe)/bin

Make sure you paste it in the rom you are booted in, you can't paste it in the one you are not booted in!.

Switch and do the same thing for the other - switch again and make sure it sticks.

Thank you this Rom is awesome! Moving the files worked for me. Also my Google Voice works now! It used to say routing error. It might be that I didn't try Google voice when I got this Rom or it might work because I activated it in GPE.

Edited by thetechoftacos

Guest Monocat

Flash beta 1 beta 10 s-off (and root)

If that still doesn't work then you will have to wipe and start over.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I will be at my computer in two days, I do not have beta 1 in my storage. Anything else I can try in the meantime?

Guest robinwe97

Thanks. Unfortunately, I will be at my computer in two days, I do not have beta 1 in my storage. Anything else I can try in the meantime?

You don't need your PC

Just download Beta1, Beta10, S-On Package, Root Package. Make a wipe. Then flash this 4 zip's with twrp or cmw. Just reboot and be happy :)

If you have then problems with google play in both Roms or the statusbar in gpe red a few pages ago.

Guest robinwe97

In GPe Google drive doesn't work it crashed everytime when i try to open

Problem solved just reinstall

Edited by robinwe97

Guest jawonder

Don't know if anyone is having this problem but i did a clean install 4 times, set up on both side GE and Sense, switched between roms a few times and everything looks and works great then while on Sense i did a reboot and after reboot it's stuck on the first screen which is the "Blink feed" screen and it only shows the the clock and the weather at the top the rest of it is just black. I can't swipe to my other home screens, when i touch the screen it just vibrates . This happen to me four times now, think i'm about to give up on flashing this rom .

Guest Monocat

You don't need your PC

Just download Beta1, Beta10, S-On Package, Root Package. Make a wipe. Then flash this 4 zip's with twrp or cmw. Just reboot and be happy :)

If you have then problems with google play in both Roms or the statusbar in gpe red a few pages ago.

Thanks. Unfortunatelly, because the phone is not booting, and I have no access to a computer, I have no way to getting the files to the storage for a few days...

isnt there any file already in the storage I could flash? boot or something?

Guest robinwe97

Thanks this confirms the same as I was having.

Paul will investigate at some time soon.

So now in gpe Adm find my location, in sense still the same thing I said in my last post.

Guest Scitz0

Installed beta10 yesterday with S-ON and root package, working great. Using GPe for the most part but I have one concern, does the 4.3 GPe rom support the apt-x codec for BT music?

The reason I'm asking is that I thought the music sounded a little different when playing but cant say if its in my head or not.

I read somewhere that the GPe 4.2.2 did not support apt-x but I cant confirm if this is true or not.

Anyone know?

I'm also having issues with Google now/search crashing on gpe.

UPDATE: if you are having issues with Google search, and have root, simply use Titanium Backup to remove the Google search app and then reinstall it from the play store. It solved my problem and I am now running Switch with zero flaws.

Happy switching :)

Edited by zaydq

Guest robinwe97

Thanks. Unfortunatelly, because the phone is not booting, and I have no access to a computer, I have no way to getting the files to the storage for a few days...

isnt there any file already in the storage I could flash? boot or something?

You only can Boot into fastboot mode

Hm why you don't have beta 1 of course you need it everytime.

Guest hypocritelecteur

Yeah, you're boned.

Read the instructions before flashing an intricate and experimental rom esp. if you don't have access to a computer.

Heh. I mean...

Guest FilyPhanatic

beta 9 plus fixes for calendar sync, maps, chrome - and some play store errors caused by the clash of two different OS versions.

As always, thanks @lennyuk! You always know how to fix a problem, and you answer fast! Thanks again

Guest Edubyah

You only can Boot into fastboot mode

Hm why you don't have beta 1 of course you need it everytime.

Just install your backup & then d/l what you need.

Guest mbroeders

I posted this question a while ago, so sorry if i bring it up again too soon. But is it normal that wallpapers sync between roms? If i change my wallpaper in GPe, it automatically changes in Sense. Just wondering if this is normal behaviour. Thanks!

Guest mechanimal82
I posted this question a while ago, so sorry if i bring it up again too soon. But is it normal that wallpapers sync between roms? If i change my wallpaper in GPe, it automatically changes in Sense. Just wondering if this is normal behaviour. Thanks!

Completely normal. It's part of Google Sync which remembers your WiFi login details, contacts, calendar etc. The GPE side of SWITCH actually pulled through the wallpaper I'm using on another device running CM10.2

Guest mbroeders

Completely normal. It's part of Google Sync which remembers your WiFi login details, contacts, calendar etc. The GPE side of SWITCH actually pulled through the wallpaper I'm using on another device running CM10.2

Cool, thanks for your reply! Read some where that this did not sync in an earlier version, that's why I was wondering.

Guest bkmerrick

Changelog

16th August 2013

• Beta 10 update zip released - flash over the top of any version either manually or using the OTA client (uncheck the 'wipe cache' option) when in Sense mode - this is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! No wipe required - This update contains the 4.3 GPe update (release version) including location and calendar fixes. All outdated apps are updated in this release also.

Can someone please tell me when and where I am going to be unchecking the wipe cache option. Thank you.

Guest theadb

Anyone experiencing issues with SMS with GE version? It's sending multiple instances of the same message. Sometimes up to 20 times. Happens intermittently.