Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk

I've done a factory reset, installed HTC's 4.3 Sense 5... installed Beta12 and it just sits on the HTC One logo. I had no issues before with Beta8, Beta12 seems to do nothing for me though, I'm guessing it's due to the 4.3 roms that I'm running? Is switch specific to 4.2.x?

I've looked in /system for SWITCH folder that it created before, but don't seem to see it. Any ideas?

It's not advisable to install switch over the top of the sense 4.3 rom without a wipe!

Guest -fakker-

It's not advisable to install switch over the top of the sense 4.3 rom without a wipe!

I've done wipes... I've gone from 4.2 with Switch beta8, factory reset, installed 4.3, wiped, flashed beta12 and just sits on the HTC One Beats Audio screen

Guest mbroeders

Hmm, no luck here. Did a wipe, installed Beta 12, S-on, and root. Booted into Sense, disabled fast boot. Did not set up anything. Then I booted into GPe, set up my accounts and restored only apps with TB. So far so good. Next booted into Sense, customized it, set up Facebook, and I only froze simtoolkit and disabled Nova launcher in Sense. Now when I try to reboot into GPe I get in a bootloop: 2 seconds after I see the 'enter your pin'-screen in the GPe rom it reboots. I cannot do a adb logcat unfortenately.

Has anyone some advice? Tnx.

Guest mbroeders

Is everyone having B12 bootloop issues using a Sim Pin/ Other Pin code?

Or is that message just randomly appearing?

Yes, I'm using a Sim pin. But what message are you referring to?

Guest mbroeders

Hmm, tried again and noticed that the fast boot option was re-enabled in Sense. Is that normal and could that have anything to do with reboots?

Edit: nope, disabled fast boot again and still boot loop. Guess I'll restore my nandroid, too bad. Hope you guys find the cause of the problem and if I have to try anything else, let me know.

Edited by mbroeders

Guest GenShard

Wow. That was just a bit scary. Factory restored in bootloader, thinking it may help with the switch co m.android.phone frell up and successfully wiped my partitions from the inside out.

Haha good times these HTCs. Make me wanna buy shares in Samsung lolz

So after finally sideloadin and flashing just 12 and SU I still have the same issue. If I switch I just know she's gonna bootloop and screw me again. Hell even know the SD card is Gone* according to esfe.

Glitchy bub.

Guest GenShard

Nah lenny. When it happens it just barrages ya outta nowhere. Basically forces you out of GpE then won't let ya back into Sense.

So. Com.android.phone is a bitch whatever it is.

Guest -fakker-

I'm going to clear everything, including internal SD Card, fresh flash of 4.3 and Beta12 on again... As I'm unable to boot into anything straight after flashing Beta12 (not even back to Sense)

I never saw this many people having issues with Beta8-10?

Guest GenShard
I'm going to clear everything, including internal SD Card, fresh flash of 4.3 and Beta12 on again... As I'm unable to boot into anything straight after flashing Beta12 (not even back to Sense)

I never saw this many people having issues with Beta8-10?

STOP STOP STOP STOP

YOU WILL FRACK YOUR PARTITIONS.

DO NOT WIPE THE SD CARD WITH ANYTHING HARDER THAN CACHE WIPES OR YOU WILL BE STUCK.

Guest -fakker-

STOP STOP STOP STOP

YOU WILL FRACK YOUR PARTITIONS.

DO NOT WIPE THE SD CARD WITH ANYTHING HARDER THAN CACHE WIPES OR YOU WILL BE STUCK.

??? I've just done it and flashed the rom I use via OTG and I'm in??

Guest mbroeders

??? I've just done it and flashed the rom I use via OTG and I'm in??

Wiping internal data doesn't really affect partitioning, so you're fine. Anyway, you installed Beta 12? And did you install root-package? Everything working now?

Guest -fakker-

Wiping internal data doesn't really affect partitioning, so you're fine. Anyway, you installed Beta 12? And did you install root-package? Everything working now?

It's working... I just flashed Beta12, and it's booted fine, switch works. I didn't install root package for GPE :) But it booted and switched back without an issue! :D

Guest Lennyuk

Right... another question for you lot with issues

How do you deal with contacts - do you use Google Sync for your contacts?

What is your current radio version? (baseband)

Guest mbroeders

Right... another question for you lot with issues

How do you deal with contacts - do you use Google Sync for your contacts?

What is your current radio version? (baseband)

Lenny, I use Google sync for contacts and radio is 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L

Could the root package be of influence?

Guest Lennyuk

Lenny, I use Google sync for contacts and radio is 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L

Could the root package be of influence?

Well I suppose we can't rule anything out at this time - the trouble is Paul and I cannot reproduce this at all.

Are you sure you are using the most up-to-date root package? Can you try installing without root and see if that helps or causes the same issues?

Guest mbroeders

Well I suppose we can't rule anything out at this time - the trouble is Paul and I cannot reproduce this at all.

Are you sure you are using the most up-to-date root package? Can you try installing without root and see if that helps or causes the same issues?

Yes, I had to recharge my phone. Will install now without root. And then perform switches before each step (such as restore apps).

Guest mbroeders

Okay, bootloop again, these are the steps i took:

- full wipe, install beta 12 and S-on package

- booted into sense, skipped the setup (except for Wifi). Disabled fastboot and booted into GPe.

- in GPe I waited for the welcome screen. During setup I turned on Wifi and setup my Google account. Then I booted back into Sense

- in Sense I turned on Wifi and disabled fastboot again. Google account was syncing, but I disabled Magazines and Movies because those are not available in Holland. Then I booted back into GPe.

- Bootloop, I see the pin screen and 1 second later the phone reboots.

Those were the exact steps I took. Note that my device is S-on with radio version: 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L

Right now I don't know what else to do or try.

Guest Lennyuk

Just for the sake of completion what is your CID? Hboot version and OS version as printed on your bootloader screen.

Mine is

CID: HTC__001

Hboot: 1.54.0000

Guest mbroeders

Just for the sake of completion what is your CID? Hboot version and OS version as printed on your bootloader screen.

Mine is

CID: HTC__001

Hboot: 1.54.0000

CID: HTC__E11, Hboot: 1.54 OS 2.24.401.8

Will try a logcat again later Paul, just have to wait for an important phone call first :)