[Tutorial][CM9/10/10.1]Seconds in status bar

Guest Rydlis

Guest Rydlis

This mod will add seconds to your status bar (compatible with Electra, CM9/10/10.1 and Sora OS -> This mod will be available in next snapshot also with new Multitasking)

Screenshot:

post-1000324-0-23587800-1374583578_thumb

Download:

flashable.zip

(The version from screenshot)

Flash it through recovery, wipe only cache!!

Tutorial:

You will need:

-SystemUI from your CM9/10/10.1 based rom

-APKMultitool for compile/decompile and sign

-XML editor, like Geany (don't know what is on Windows or Mac)

Lets start modding!

-decompile your SystemUI.apk from your current rom (must be CM based!)

-Now, it depend where you want seconds! In (1)unexpanded status bar or (2)expanded status bar

(1)unexpanded status bar

-open /res/layout/status_bar.xml and find this line

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock ... />

and replace it with this line

<DigitalClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

-done, now you must compile it with APKMultitool and sign it and flash it (template is down) (2)expanded status bar (like on screenshot)(only for CM10.1) -open /res/layout/status_bar_expanded_header.xml -find this line

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:id="@id/clock" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginRight="8.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_centerVertical="true" />

and replace it with this line

<DigitalClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

-also, you should change this line (only for CM10.1)

<RelativeLayout android:enabled="false" android:id="@id/datetime" android:background="@drawable/ic_notify_button_bg" android:paddingLeft="8.0dip" android:paddingRight="8.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">

to this

<RelativeLayout android:enabled="false" android:id="@id/datetime" android:background="@drawable/ic_notify_button_bg" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">

-done, now you must compile it with APKMultitool and sign it and flash it (template is down)

-hope it was easy to understand

Template for flashing & FAQ

flashable.zip

App not work due bad sign key?

download this zip and open it to ApkMultitool/other/here

ModifiedSignFiles.zip

Don't know how to work with Apkmultitool?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1310151 this should help :)

How to flash?

-copy zip on sd card

-reboot to recovery

-wipe only cache!!

-flash your package

-reboot

You can click on the +1 button, it's free!

Edited by Rydlis

Guest george109

Thanks, Can I have a tutorial! ;)

EDIT: On how to make them, not to flash them! :P

Edited by george109

Guest Rydlis

for ICS

-navigate to /res/layout/status_bar.xml and find

line and change it to

<DigitalClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:paddingTop="2.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" />

(Not sure if the gravity won't affect the clock, you must try it and send a result)

Edited by Rydlis

Guest george109

for ICS

-like on JB, find

line and change it to

<DigitalClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:paddingTop="2.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" />

(Not sure if the gravity won't affect the clock, you must try it and send a result)

Ok, Ill have a go at that :)

Guest ludilo66

I try on

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363749-jb422-cm-101-r2-by-joestone/

not working. Sistem UI has stoped.

Edited by ludilo66

Guest george109

I try on

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363749-jb422-cm-101-r2-by-joestone/

not working. Sistem UI has stoped.

Does it keep stopping?

Does this happen when you turn the phone on, and unlock it, and can you press OK and carry on?

Can you see the status bar at the top with the clock and notifications?

Guest ludilo66

Does it keep stopping?

Does this happen when you turn the phone on, and unlock it, and can you press OK and carry on?

Can you see the status bar at the top with the clock and notifications?

Keep stoping. All the time. When I turn phone on.

I pull down battery and flash it again. :(

Edited by ludilo66

Guest Rydlis

wait, did you mod SystemUI from your CM10.1(?) or you flash my modified SystemUI? The problem can be in SystemUI, my modified flashable SystemUI is from Dazzozo's CM10.1

excuse my English

• 5 months later...