Modifying a kernel installer for SWITCH

Guest Edubyah

Guest Edubyah

mine is working at least for me.

Make sure to use the one descenpet posted then switch. I'll update one for the GPE side and put both in the OP later.

Guest illmatic416

you did switch after installing mine right? if you did, i guess maybe your previous installs screwed up something.

Yeah, i did switch a couple of times. I did a wipe and clean install and still my setup of the elementalx configuration settings do not take effect. The kernel installs with the stock settings of sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, etc. So I flash the beta1, then beta8, then SuperSU, then the GPE kernal you just uploaded, then bootup, switch...none of my configurations are set. Normally when i installed the kernel regularly on other ROMs, during install it pauses and hovers around 40% then continues to 90%...but everytime i install the kernel on Swtich, it hits 40% and immediately jumps to 90%. Granted it doesn't matter so much now, as I'm using TricksterMod to set things up and undervolt even more...but it's something I would like to figure out as to why it's not working.

So is everyone else getting their configurations set?

Guest Edubyah

Yeah, i did switch a couple of times. I did a wipe and clean install and still my setup of the elementalx configuration settings do not take effect. The kernel installs with the stock settings of sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, etc. So I flash the beta1, then beta8, then SuperSU, then the GPE kernal you just uploaded, then bootup, switch...none of my configurations are set. Normally when i installed the kernel regularly on other ROMs, during install it pauses and hovers around 40% then continues to 90%...but everytime i install the kernel on Swtich, it hits 40% and immediately jumps to 90%. Granted it doesn't matter so much now, as I'm using TricksterMod to set things up and undervolt even more...but it's something I would like to figure out as to why it's not working.

So is everyone else getting their configurations set?

I don't really mind setting my options after install. I wish the kernel Dev offered his kernel in a non aroma setup. It would make converting to switch much easier. When I have time I will modify the script to work fully.

Guest descenpet

I don't really mind setting my options after install. I wish the kernel Dev offered his kernel in a non aroma setup. It would make converting to switch much easier. When I have time I will modify the script to work fully.

some of the settings are not in conf file but in rebuilt boot.img so aroma is better option. aroma can also do things like remove/restore 3dot by running one of the 2 scripts. normal updater-scripts can't do those so the dev use aroma. else he will have to make many different packages. non aroma updater script doesn't make any easier to convert, at least to me. but i still don't understand why it doesn't work for him.

@illmatic416, did you try running /etc/init.d/99elementalx manually? do you have busybox installed?

Edited by descenpet

Guest illmatic416

@illmatic416, did you try running /etc/init.d/99elementalx manually? do you have busybox installed?

Awesome, I ran 99elementalx in terminal and everything works. I checked data/local for the log and it was all there. However, everything doesn't stick after a reboot? What would I need to modify to make it stick so I wouldn't have to run 99elementalx everytime I switch or reboot?

Guest descenpet

Awesome, I ran 99elementalx in terminal and everything works. I checked data/local for the log and it was all there. However, everything doesn't stick after a reboot? What would I need to modify to make it stick so I wouldn't have to run 99elementalx everytime I switch or reboot?

if you don't have busybox, your init.d will not auto run at boot. that's why it was not applying the config from file when you reboot. install busybox and make the busybox itself stick(copy the binary to /system/SWITCH/(gpe/sense)/xbin).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest apascual89

Hey guys finally jumped on Switch and it's awesome. This thread goes back and forth. Which installer is working, the op or one of the ones posted in the thread?