wifi very low

Guest frenchman06

Guest frenchman06

i have recently flash cm7 on my skate, i've restore the wifi passwords with titanium backup, but doesn't work and i have do full wipe and install the rom cm7. i have manually tap the password, work but is very low ! i have a connection with 72mbps, and i need 6 minutes for only downloading skype(15 mb) without install from play store. in browser the apk download in 1 minute. but every day i don't want download apk's only for net ! i'm return to rom stock but nothing change.

this problem work also for youtube.

everyone can help me for increase wifi ?

Guest omegavesko

Ah, this is a problem for some reason on CM7 based ROMs. Wi-Fi works fine, but the Play Store is slow. I have the same problem, though it's not that bad.

One thing that helped for me was SetDNS Pro. Just download it and set it to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8/4.4.4.4), it speeds it up a lot.

Guest frenchman06

i have try the google dns by default is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but doesn't work and try custom with 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 but doesn't work also !

Guest frenchman06

I don't know why, i have uninstall set dns and 2 hours after, works fine play store and youtube !!!

Thanks. omegavesko !