What to do? Which rom is for me?

Guest cutcutcut

Guest cutcutcut

I've been out of the loop for a while with what's been happening with the G300. I'm currently running the stock G300 New Zealand Vodafone rom/firmware vers B936. Looks likes we won't be getting any further updates via NZ Vodafone, and while I do love my G300 there is some very irritating little things I would love fixed. I think some of those issues were addressed in the B952 update. I found the B952 update on huwaei website http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk= but I'm assuming that's a generic version? If I update using the sd card method, what will happen. Will I loose my huawei toggles etc etc? Will all the NZ apn settings etc stay there or does all that stuff dissapear? Also what still custom roms are still in development? I'm willing to try a stable custom rom but I'd like to know what exactlty doesn't work properly, is there any way to see a list of roms and whats working and whats not instead of trolling through pages and pages on the forums?

Guest kyan31

Well, if you would like the most stable ROM which offers a similar experience to stock, I would try the following ROMs:

Tesla - Offers tons of new features, performance enhancements, and overall UI and background changes for a much better experience. (mine)

Stock+ - Offers the stock experience, but with all the bugs fixed, a complete performance overhaul and overall system changes for better stability. (Cyda)

Infusion - based on an older release. This ROM offers lots of new features, but it also offers a great overall experience when it comes to performance. Unfortunately it is based on a slightly older release of ICS for the g300 (B944) but it still performs as good as most ROMs available. (Tillaz)

Atomic ROM - Based on GB making one of the fastest and most stable ROMs available. Its gingerbread but with a complete HOLO theme, along with many new features and performance changes. If you want the fastest, most stable experience, this ROM is the right one for you. (Tillaz)

Guest cutcutcut

Well, if you would like the most stable ROM which offers a similar experience to stock, I would try the following ROMs:

Tesla - Offers tons of new features, performance enhancements, and overall UI and background changes for a much better experience. (mine)

Stock+ - Offers the stock experience, but with all the bugs fixed, a complete performance overhaul and overall system changes for better stability. (Cyda)

Infusion - based on an older release. This ROM offers lots of new features, but it also offers a great overall experience when it comes to performance. Unfortunately it is based on a slightly older release of ICS for the g300 (B944) but it still performs as good as most ROMs available. (Tillaz)

Atomic ROM - Based on GB making one of the fastest and most stable ROMs available. Its gingerbread but with a complete HOLO theme, along with many new features and performance changes. If you want the fastest, most stable experience, this ROM is the right one for you. (Tillaz)

Thanks very much, I'll look into those suggestions. What abouit the Cyanogenmod roms? Are they still being developed? IS there anyway to keep the toggles (I use those all the time)?

Guest kyan31

Thanks very much, I'll look into those suggestions. What abouit the Cyanogenmod roms? Are they still being developed? IS there anyway to keep the toggles (I use those all the time)?

CyanogenMod is pretty much stable, but it still has network issues which can be a pain in the ass. If you want toggles, you can always flash Tesla, or Infusion as they both have upgraded toggles.

Guest popoyaya

Also worth considering is Baidu rom. The best battery life, bug free, lots of features and themes, perfect in-call sound quality.

Guest cutcutcut

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll look into these and see if I can make a decision about which way to go. Are there any roms that fix the sd card mounting issues? It has to rescan the sd card every time you turn it on, and it will loose ringtones etc etc that are on the sd card, kinda annoying. Any roms that get around the max memor allocated to app storage. There only seems to be about 700mb of app storage allocated and even when pushing most apps to sd card it still fills up quickly.

Guest hippy dave

Joestone's new build swaps the partitions so the 2gb is used for app storage. Also seems very fast and stable so far, and shouldn't have any problems losing ringtones etc.

Guest peteyboy24

Joestone's new build swaps the partitions so the 2gb is used for app storage. Also seems very fast and stable so far, and shouldn't have any problems losing ringtones etc.

where can i download joe stones cm10.1 ?

Guest hippy dave

It's fine in joestone's, from what I've read it may be finally fixed in Daz's and some others too, but not all.

I really like baidu, but I was surprised to find that joestone's 10.1 is actually a lot snappier and smoother.

Edited by hippy dave

Guest pOcHa

JB version of baidu is also very snappier and smoother than it's ICS version - but I ported it from C8812, so some things are not working (as neither source nor U8815/8 lib files are available)...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest hippy dave

Yeah jb baidu sounds very promising, i was hoping they'd do one, but from your thread it didn't sound ready to be a daily rom. So is there much chance of progress?

Or would the only way be if baidu made it an official platform again?

Edited by hippy dave