Nexus 4 OTA upgrade 4.3 issues

Guest jlgreg

Guest jlgreg

Hello

I did the OTA upgrade last Tuesday and everything appeared to be ok at first. I soon discovered that the led alert light didnt work with ChompSMS. That was soon resolved by using Textra.

However a more troubling problem is the phone signal keeps dropping and sometimes it takes a reboot to get it back, is there a way to fix this. I am considering getting a custom rom and going back to 4.2.2, is that feasible considering I am on 4.3?

Thanks

John

Guest EddyOS

You can go back and forth without issues, you just need an unlocked bootloader and you can flash the old factory 4.2.2 image or go custom if you want. I've personally had no issues with 4.3 but I did install it clean using the factory image as opposed to waiting on the OTA so it might be worth giving that a go first (although you'll obviously lose your data so back up anything on the 'SD card' before doing anything)

Guest rosco-85

I'm having issues with both signal lose and excessive battery drain, since the update. How do I get hold of the full package to flash that, rather than doing the OTA?