MIUI Rom

Guest sandriderman

I didn`t try that one. I´m not sure, but I think I had an option in cwm (v6.0.3.5) to re-root phone - while flashing gapps.

So it might be that it needs 20121212 gapps.

Guest Sere83

I didn`t try that one. I´m not sure, but I think I had an option in cwm (v6.0.3.5) to re-root phone - while flashing gapps.

So it might be that it needs 20121212 gapps.

Thanks for this Dakok, I think I will try to flash this. These are unofficial ports I presume right? Does flashing this effect dual sim capability though:? and Hows GPS?

Also for V5 there is no change log so I am a bit concerned that there are a fair few bugs etc..Not sure which Gapps to try either, did the V987 ship with 4.2.1? What version of android are these MIUI builds based on? Do they come rooted?

Edited by Sere83

I would call them semi-official, since they come

from miui.com page dedicated to mtk phones.

There are only 7-8 devices there.

Since hongmi, the first xiaomi mtk, appeared

recently, my guess is that they will become

fully official soon.

My phone has 4 OTAs (small upgrade file) already.

I don't have 2 sim cards, but dualism :)

is supported from testimonies i red.

There is v5 changelog, try to google

for miui 3.8.30 for global changes, or check vowney

Miui developer on download page.

My phone came with 4.1 custom rom made by Bruno

frm xda, rooted with cwm. I made a nandroid backup

and flashed miui.

Miui v5 is always 4.2.1 and it keeps root.

GPS is OK. I didn't test it much since majority of

my drives are of city kind.

Oh, almost forgot it. Vowney gets its second miui

build today.

EDIT:

It is not updated yet. Probably during next few days.

Edited by dakok

Guest Sere83

I would call them semi-official, since they come

from miui.com page dedicated to mtk phones.

There are only 7-8 devices there.

Since hongmi, the first xiaomi mtk, appeared

recently, my guess is that they will become

fully official soon.

My phone has 4 OTAs (small upgrade file) already.

I don't have 2 sim cards, but dualism :)

is supported from testimonies i red.

There is v5 changelog, try to google

for miui 3.8.30 for global changes, or check vowney

Miui developer on download page.

My phone came with 4.1 custom rom made by Bruno

frm xda, rooted with cwm. I made a nandroid backup

and flashed miui.

Miui v5 is always 4.2.1 and it keeps root.

GPS is OK. I didn't test it much since majority of

my drives are of city kind.

Oh, almost forgot it. Vowney gets its second miui

build today.

EDIT:

It is not updated yet. Probably during next few days.

Amazing, thanks for the details. I'm thinking because yours shipped with 4.1 that with the V5 I should maybe use official 4.2.1 gApps that 27ylliw kindly posted. I have a Xiaomi m1 and miss some of the features. nice to know these ports ar semi offical, hopefully should be stable. I tried 1 of teh lew/miui hybrids but didnt like it much. j

Guest Sere83

Hey Dakok,

So I installed with 4.2.1 gapps. Setting crashed at the start but skipped the gapps login and after OS started i was able to set up fine. The only thing is that when i try and run OTA update CMW tells me the package is untrusted etc and needs verification and just aborts, so I have been unable to install the latest update. I could do it manually but eould like OTA to work....any ideas?

Couple of bugs I found is that reboot does not work, just shuts phone down and changing ringtones doesn't save and reverts back to defaults. GPS still not working and mobile uncle tools wont even let me try the fix from gizchina.

Edited by Sere83

Guest Parafiizee

Here´s MIUI for MTK phones (Verne - Vowney is there, too) from official website:

http://www.miui.com/...oad/rom&fid=350

Choose v5 or v5T - check your version!

Bookmark this page, since there will be updates

Cheers!

Downloaded that one, and i have to say, not bad.

But i have an important question.

I just logged into Google and checked my last logins.

I see 3 countries; mine, the country where i was during my vacation, but also Congo-Kinshasa.

So is this ROM Safe? I already changed my google password (and i have 2 step vertification enabled), but still i get logged in from Congo..

IoYrjWm.png

Edited by Parafiizee

Mine is: Split, Hrvatska for the last month or so...

For 3 accounts...

Somebody stolen your google account, I`m afraid

Edited by dakok

Guest Parafiizee
  • Mine is: Split, Hrvatska for the last month or so...

Same here, no strange things @ Account Activitity, but can you check your last logins? (https://www.google.c...ettings/account) and check the box Account Activitity

And Dakok, im using this account for 4 years, and yesterday i installed this ROM, and since today i see Congo in the Recent logins...

Edited by Parafiizee

Hi Sere!

Which one you installed. There are 2 releases:

V5 [Verne]   Latest version: 3.8.29 

Update Date :2013 -8-29

Author: bhflower , Brush Recommendation: This week No recommended degree by the beta users vote.

Download the complete package (319M)

MD5: 03fb046572746bf799341a877974b9a3

Version History

Verne V5            miui_vowv5_3.8.26_eafy337ka0_4.1.zip                      52b1a5204f0687328a72b99e1747aa0b                302M                No week - 2013-8-26

3.8.26 is 302Mb

3.8.29 is 319Mb (latest one)

Two other white buttons do not work for me. How did you manage to get OTA file to flash thru CWM???

Things you mentioned work fine on my phone. I have engineer menu inside phone settings.

I googled for some info about vowney miui dev - Bhflower. Couldn`t find anything...

Same here, no strange things @ Account Activitity, but can you check your last logins? (https://www.google.c...ettings/account) and check the box Account Activitity

And Dakok, im using this account for 4 years, and yesterday i installed this ROM, and since today i see Congo in the Recent logins...

Account sign-ins

helpBubble1.png

Locations

Croatia

helpBubble1.png

Browsers

Chrome

helpBubble1.png

Platforms

Android

Windows

This?

I don´t have this miui, though.

Mine is for another device, from another developer.

Edited by dakok

Guest Parafiizee

Mine is fine:

accounts.jpg

Ok, thanks for the fast replies. If anyone else have the MIUI ROM on the Vowney, please check th last google logins. For some reason i don't trust it : /

Ok, thanks for the fast replies. If anyone else have the MIUI ROM on the Vowney, please check th last google logins. For some reason i don't trust it : /

I'm also using the MIUI Rom (3.8.26). No strange logins. Only Belgium and the Netherlands (which is normal for me).

Hey Guys

I am using 3.8.26 and have no strange logins I do have a few issues though, anyone else experiencing these or have any fixes.....

1. Unlock screen bounces back and wont unlock often.

2. Changing ringtone and alerts doesn't always work, just reverts back to another tone/alert sound

3. Can't turn off SMS delivery alert sound without turning delivery reports off all together

4. Cannot enter MTK engineer mode using mobile uncle tools, just reverts back to homescreen. So cannot attempt GPS fixes.

5. GPS still broken

6. OTA updates fail

7. This is the most annoying one. When some one texts me their number comes up as unrecognized because it has the UK country code before it so I have to manually add it to contacts again even though I already have their number (without country code). Must all my saved numbers have +44 before to be properly recognised?

Also does anyone know......as OTA does not work I need another way to to upgrade to the latest rom but will I have to do a complete wipe? Or can I just flash the latest rom over the top of the old one manually through CMW?

One thing I have noticed is the sound on this rom is better than all others. Much louder and fuller

Edited by Sere83

Guest Parafiizee

Hey Guys

I am using 3.8.26 and have no strange logins I do have a few issues though, anyone else experiencing these or have any fixes.....

1. Unlock screen bounces back and wont unlock often.

2. Changing ringtone and alerts doesn't always work, just reverts back to another tone/alert sound

3. Can't turn off SMS delivery alert sound without turning delivery reports off all together

4. Cannot enter MTK engineer mode using mobile uncle tools, just reverts back to homescreen. So cannot attempt GPS fixes.

5. GPS still broken

6. OTA updates fail

7. This is the most annoying one. When some one texts me their number comes up as unrecognized because it has the UK country code before it so I have to manually add it to contacts again even though I already have their number (without country code). Must all my saved numbers have +44 before to be properly recognised?

Also does anyone know......as OTA does not work I need another way to to upgrade to the latest rom but will I have to do a complete wipe? Or can I just flash the latest rom over the top of the old one manually through CMW?

One thing I have noticed is the sound on this rom is better than all others. Much louder and fuller

I have only problem 5 (sometimes, not always) and 6 (MD5 Signature doesn't match).

I have 3.8.29.

I updated from 3.8.28 to 3.8.29 without the Updater.

Just via CWM (no wipe).

Also strange, the ROM is still Android 4.2.1, however only gapps for 4.2.2 is working for me.

Edited by Parafiizee

I have only problem 5 (sometimes, not always) and 6 (MD5 Signature doesn't match).

I have 3.8.29.

I updated from 3.8.28 to 3.8.29 without the Updater.

Just via CWM (no wipe).

Also strange, the ROM is still Android 4.2.1, however only gapps for 4.2.2 is working for me.

hmm, i used 4.2.1 gapps and they work fine. So you just flashed 3.8.29 in CMW, did you wipe cache or anything or just reboot from 3.8.26 and then flash the zip from miui.com in CMW?

Edited by Sere83

Guest Parafiizee

hmm, i used 4.2.1 gapps and they work fine. So you just flashed 3.8.29 in CMW, did you wipe cache or anything or just reboot from 3.8.26 and then flash the zip from miui.com in CMW?

I just flashed the ROM, nothing more.

7. This is the most annoying one. When some one texts me their number comes up as unrecognized because it has the UK country code before it so I have to manually add it to contacts

again even though I already have their number (without country code). Must all my saved numbers have +44 before to be properly recognised?

New build should be out today or in next few days.

4. Take a look at one of few apps with chinese name or take a look at development settings (I had enginer menu there, in v987 miui)

7. Some chinese roms try to recognise call prefix numbers as chinese province or city codes. I fixed that with Twitch. It goes through your

contact list and assigns country code to every phone number you have. It gives you a check list before applying changes.

I use only sim phone numbers and switch off contact sync in settings. Otherwise I get duplicates every now and then.

Cheers!

Guest Parafiizee

Version 3.9.6 Available :D (12.2 MB update, not that much).

Hopefully the OTA updater works now..

Edit: OTA updater works now unlike 3.8.28.

Edited by Parafiizee

Guest Northstandhero

What gapps do i need for this latest version? 4.2.1 or 4.2.2?

Cheers

Installed using 4.2.2 seems ok so far, deleted some chinese apps, but can't get mobile uncle tools to work so having probs fixing gps.

Edited by Northstandhero

You lucky you!

A tip from gizchina:

Flash miui. Open Miui market app. Search for "google" by Eric Xiang

Install that.

You have all google services now. Play store, too.

Simple huh!

P.S. Press a little green button on the right side of my post now, else it wont work :)

Edited by dakok

Ok, back to miui (from lewa) again.

Tried that google play trick from gizchina but it

brought fc for Play.

Standard procedure with gapps did the job.

Checked where engineer menu appears - it is

in settings: stock

I'm not having vowney so it might not be there for you.