[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest puredark248

:D you know KonstaT what i mean :D :D if you can switch all things to WORKING :D ...its for me "final xDD "

Sorry for my bad english :D I hope you understand :D

yea that whas what I meant also ;)

Guest KonstaT

New build. Rest of the non-working stuff might take a while. Both bluetooth and FM radio are pretty much up to Qualcomm to update their support for 4.3 (time measured in months). Generally speaking, enabling SELinux shouldn't be too difficult. Problem is that enabling the necessary features for SELinux in kernel prevents our prebuilt wifi module from loading (disagrees about version of symbol module_layout). Building an open source ath6kl module has turned out to be quite tricky too.

Sources, manifests, build instructions, etc should also be now fully up to date if anyone wants to join in and contribute. ;)

cm-10.2-20130807-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html

md5:2c89d3d1738e4e76b6360f1bbaac458e

-fixed everything that uses native screen capture method (screenshot, thumbnails in recent apps view, electron beam animation, etc)

-fixed use of mmparser (e.g. WMA and DivX hardware decoding)

-complete libaudio overhaul (fixed e.g. notification sounds)

-added KonstaKANG features

---option to show navigation bar

---option for navigation bar height

---option to disable bootanimation

---option for MIUI style battery bar

---partition info

---forum link in about phone

---always allow PIE controls and hardware key settings

---and more

Guest razjaren

thanks for the work ..

Can you do something that Viber works (it works but no sound)

for me your roms now working great (my settings 1008mh max and min) and I would use them for every day but I need Viber

Edited by razjaren

Guest plantroon

Great work KonstaT.... but I don't get it why google keeps developing this crappy OS :( It eats more CPU/RAM than the OS in my computer lol

Guest peetu20

Nice to see you released 4.3 for our device :), but I still have question: What is SElinux? What does it do?

Thats maybe very stupid question, but I have no idea...

Guest bamdad

Nice to see you released 4.3 for our device :), but I still have question: What is SElinux? What does it do?

Thats maybe very stupid question, but I have no idea...

it's a kernel-level security layer, but i really don't know how it affects android with all the java stuff. it's mostly used on (redhat-based) servers. in my experience, it has always been too much of a nuisance to configure and manage, i'd rather use kvm and/or jails but that's just me..

Guest multi13

Great work ;) , I installed this ROM.

Some experience and observations:

I use this gapps, and after the installation (first boot) some application stoped for exampe: clocks, google+, google search etc. After this I update this app in the playstore and they were became good (did not stopped).

I tried the GPS, it was good but I sometime lost a signal. The wifi, 3G and browsing is good and the all google aplication is work (the gmap too). :-)

Overall, the ROM is used but I felt that the device is a bit slow (falter) and sometimes can not be exited from the some application (only home button). I think that will be optimized....

Same frequency:

4.3 AnTuTu bench

4.2.2 AnTuTu bench

Guest Letqu

This ROM work's quite okay, and I know it's early alfa ,and I understand it,so no whining here :) But as multi13 has noticed it's bit slower,but my biggest problem is battery drainage. This ROM just kills my battery, so I installed

BetterBattery stats and Wakelock Detector. Let's see what comes out. I will be back. But anyway thanks Konsta for all your great work!!

Guest KonstaT

This ROM work's quite okay, and I know it's early alfa ,and I understand it,so no whining here :) But as multi13 has noticed it's bit slower,but my biggest problem is battery drainage. This ROM just kills my battery, so I installed

BetterBattery stats and Wakelock Detector. Let's see what comes out. I will be back. But anyway thanks Konsta for all your great work!!

Yeah, it's still noticeably slower than CM10.1. There's still at least one graphics hack missing and probably plenty of stuff enabled by default that we don't have support for. Main issues with graphics performance is that we don't have a 3.4 kernel and we can't utilize ION memory allocator. We don't have camera proprietaries that support it, so enabling ION would mean that camera would never work. It also means we are stuck using old Adreno graphics drivers. That's why it would be important if ZTE would release a proper Jelly Bean update for this device (and the kernel source to go with it ;)).

There's no battery drain issues that I know of. Kernel is practically the same as in CM10/CM10.1. Probably just some misbehaving app, nothing that a reboot wouldn't cure. :P

Guest puiumaster

Congratulations for the fantastic work they do for us and we thank you for that.

But I want to ask you something: why flash player does not work on custom ROMs developed by you (we've tried them all!) and the original ROM works without problems?

I tried several versions of flash player, including the latest Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.69).

Thanks in advance.

Guest KonstaT

Congratulations for the fantastic work they do for us and we thank you for that.

But I want to ask you something: why flash player does not work on custom ROMs developed by you (we've tried them all!) and the original ROM works without problems?

I tried several versions of flash player, including the latest Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.69).

Thanks in advance.

Flash player is an useless piece of sh*t and you should never even install it in the first place. Adobe came to the same conclusion and pulled the plug. It's been dead a long time...

I'm not sure if it's even supposed to work on Jelly Bean.

Guest bamdad

Thanks in advance.

i don't know what you're doing wrong, but flash player 10 and 11 both work just fine on konstat's cm10 *and* cm10.1. haven't tried this one.. but still.

(and he's right. it is a useless piece of shite.)

Yeah, it's still noticeably slower than CM10.1. There's still at least one graphics hack missing and probably plenty of stuff enabled by default that we don't have support for. Main issues with graphics performance is that we don't have a 3.4 kernel and we can't utilize ION memory allocator. We don't have camera proprietaries that support it, so enabling ION would mean that camera would never work. It also means we are stuck using old Adreno graphics drivers. That's why it would be important if ZTE would release a proper Jelly Bean update for this device (and the kernel source to go with it ;)).

There's no battery drain issues that I know of. Kernel is practically the same as in CM10/CM10.1. Probably just some misbehaving app, nothing that a reboot wouldn't cure. :P

I killed all apps which I use and there are not many (because ,what could you do with this powerhouse :) ) and find out that my phone only lasted about 12 hours instead of normal 48. Other thing I noticed was cLock not behaving as it should, it never found my location so no weather and it had quite a lot wakelocks, also cell standby used huge amounts of battery, and no ,reboot didn't cure it. But that aside, I have been using linux as my main OS for over ten years and quite many years I was devoted slacker ,so kernel compilations are not alien to me. It would be really nice to have 3.4 kernel instead ancient 3.0 Is there any kind kernel config file for our device , because I don't mind about the camera and would really like to try 3.4 kernel. I think I could do it, because I already watched few videos about android kernel compilation on youtube :)

Guest peetu20

What we actually need to make cm10.2 smooth as cm10 or cm10.1

Do we have any changes for 3.4 kernel i.e? Or are we just stuck with the improvement´s we have?

Guest TheWhisp

@ KonstaT: First, I wanted to say thank you for your FM patches and your contributions at legaCyMod. I am building ath6kl driver for my Mini 2 and it's working pretty good, I saw that you have problems with SELinux because of your Wi-Fi blobs. You can check out my GitHub profile and see how I'm building it. Maybe it will help you. However, I wanted to ask you some questions: 1 ) with the ath6kl driver the AP mode hangs on "Turning hotspot on...". While this happens, I have to manually run hostapd, then the AP mode is working, after I shut it down, I have to manually delete wlan0. It seems that hostapd is started before wlan0 is up. The logcat says "could not read interface wlan0 flags: no such file or directory" and nl80211 drivers fails to load. Then, as I said, I run hostapd manually and it works. Do you know where the problem could be?

2 ) Does FM for you also break 2-pin (no mic) headsets? Sound most of the time plays through speaker on my Mini 2

Guest KonstaT

What we actually need to make cm10.2 smooth as cm10 or cm10.1

Do we have any changes for 3.4 kernel i.e? Or are we just stuck with the improvement´s we have?

Time. It hasn't even been three weeks since the source dropped. It should get as smooth as CM10.1 after we get few things in place.

@ KonstaT: First, I wanted to say thank you for your FM patches and your contributions at legaCyMod. I am building ath6kl driver for my Mini 2 and it's working pretty good, I saw that you have problems with SELinux because of your Wi-Fi blobs. You can check out my GitHub profile and see how I'm building it. Maybe it will help you. However, I wanted to ask you some questions: 1 ) with the ath6kl driver the AP mode hangs on "Turning hotspot on...". While this happens, I have to manually run hostapd, then the AP mode is working, after I shut it down, I have to manually delete wlan0. It seems that hostapd is started before wlan0 is up. The logcat says "could not read interface wlan0 flags: no such file or directory" and nl80211 drivers fails to load. Then, as I said, I run hostapd manually and it works. Do you know where the problem could be?

2 ) Does FM for you also break 2-pin (no mic) headsets? Sound most of the time plays through speaker on my Mini 2

Yeah, I've seen it and built it. ;) Haven't figured out the power on/off yet, zte_wifi_power doesn't seem to do it for me. I dumped symbols from the prebuilt atl6kl_sdio module we have, and it only has msm7x27a_wifi_power which is nowhere to be found in our kernel. :o Anyway, it's not currently that high on my priority list.

1) Actually I'm still using prebuilt hostapad from stock ICS. AP mode doesn't work here either if I build it from the source. Again, one of those things that is somewhere in my todo list. It's just been postponed to distant future because it works well enough as it is. ;)

2) What do you mean with breaks? Works perfectly fine on CM10.1 with regular 2-pin headphones afaik (audio can be muted or routed to speaker if chosen). Haven't even tested with 3-pin headsets but I haven't heard anyone complain. Maybe Samsung has added another headphone route? (something like this?)

There's still couple issues with FM radio on CM10 (headphone mute doens't work and volume 'skips' to default value for a split second when you touch a settings etc). Can you reproduce these issues on Mini 2? I think it's somewhere in the CM10's 'safe headset volume' implementation rather than I'm missing or failed porting the qcom stuff. :P

Guest TheWhisp

If I apply your patches and enable FM radio, audio always/sometimes routs through speaker (when using 2-pin headset). It couldn't be caused by kernel audio drivers since this happens on both Samsung's 2.6 and CAF's 3.0.x kernel. I'll do some more debugging. Anyway, I was hoping you might have some idea with my hostap issue. Thanks anyway. ;)

edit: that commit seems to have fixed my headphones problem

Edited by TheWhisp