[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I have problem with SU in this rom, are there a problem with this or is it i as have bad luck?

No issues, not even with bad luck.

You need to enable root access for App (or Apps and ADB) under Settings -> Developer options -> Root access.

Guest Muztek

No issues, not even with bad luck.

You need to enable root access for App (or Apps and ADB) under Settings -> Developer options -> Root access.

So easy and i missed it, thanks KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

New build. Should be as smooth and fast as CM10.1 now.

cm-10.2-20130815-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html

md5:3c43d25b3afa1c87befe17dd0f807a5b

-more display hacks

-fixed issue in cpu freq table that caused reboots on some devices

-expose 4.3's hidden app ops feature (Settings->Security->App ops)

-Dalvik startup with a low memory footprint (1)

-Development setting to enable navbar (1,2)

-Re-add link to DeviceParts (1)

-new settings menu structure (merged)

Guest D4NY3L

good work, bro.. thanks!!

@modification: but i have a problem with video and photo, with video the encoding are bugged .... and with photo ... why you remove the auto-focus when i take a photo.. it's are perfectly

Edited by D4NY3L

Guest peetu20

New build. Should be as smooth and fast as CM10.1 now.

cm-10.2-20130815-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html

md5:3c43d25b3afa1c87befe17dd0f807a5b

-more display hacks

-fixed issue in cpu freq table that caused reboots on some devices

-expose 4.3's hidden app ops feature (Settings->Security->App ops)

-Dalvik startup with a low memory footprint (1)

-Development setting to enable navbar (1,2)

-Re-add link to DeviceParts (1)

-new settings menu structure (merged)

Thanks! Now we really have pretty nice cm10.2 rom ;)

Guest bjupiter11

Hi, KonstaT

I have some questions!

1.When I get into Settings > Display & lights > Notification Light

I see a option where you can change the color of the LED light, but it seems that it doesn't work because whatever color i pick it's always green or red! Is there something else that I should do for it to work?

2.I have activated the daydream to daydream while charging, but I have not see it while charging! What is the problem?

Guest KonstaT

Hi, KonstaT

I have some questions!

1.When I get into Settings > Display & lights > Notification Light

I see a option where you can change the color of the LED light, but it seems that it doesn't work because whatever color i pick it's always green or red! Is there something else that I should do for it to work?

2.I have activated the daydream to daydream while charging, but I have not see it while charging! What is the problem?

1) Notification LED color options are not even supposed to work on this device. We only have green and red LEDs and there are not many colors you can up with that combination (amber/orange is when both are on). ;) CyanogenMod doesn't provide any intelligent method to hide these options on devices that don't support it either. I guess I could use hammer but I haven't bothered. :P

2) Apparently so. I highly doubt this is anything device specific though. CM10.2 is still early in the making and minor issues like this get sorted eventually.

Guest bamdad

1) Notification LED color options are not even supposed to work on this device. We only have green and red LEDs and there are not many colors you can up with that combination (amber/orange is when both are on). ;) CyanogenMod doesn't provide any intelligent method to hide these options on devices that don't support it either. I guess I could use hammer but I haven't bothered. :P

can you reproduce the problem with the led eventually coming back on when charging from mains power, even though it's disabled in settings > display > battery light? i'd like to know if it's a problem with my charger or some minor glitch not worthy of fixing.

Guest KonstaT

can you reproduce the problem with the led eventually coming back on when charging from mains power, even though it's disabled in settings > display > battery light? i'd like to know if it's a problem with my charger or some minor glitch not worthy of fixing.

I already answered this once yesterday. Not going to do it again today.

Guest bamdad

I already answered this once yesterday. Not going to do it again today.

you mean this?

I've tested this with four wall chargers (two of which is ZTE's) and USB charged from several devices. This hasn't happened to me once so I really can't reproduce this on my device. Some have said that this only happens with ZTE's wallcharger but not with USB charging. I'm thinking it's a faulty charger situation just like the unresposive screen one. Chinese 0.50$ chargers...

sorry, must have missed it. i'll get another charger then..

EDIT: tried three different usb chargers. the led comes back on sporadically with *all* of them. strangely, it only happens when the screen turns off. isn't there a /proc 'file' or even a sysctl value that disables the led hardware completely? i'd be more than happy to write an init.d script that simply kills it. : )

here's the log file: https://dl.dropboxus...1242680/led.log

Edited by bamdad

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Can it be installed in Acqua too???

Yeah, I got it going.

4.3 goodness. *weg*

But we're waiting on official updates from qualcomm before we get Bluetooth and FM radio working, so don't bother unless you don't mind...

4.2.2 is best until the problems are ironed out - and that'll take a while yet. I'm only using 4.3 on my days off so that I can see if/what problems arise. Aside from what's already been noted, I'm seeing nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Guest leripe

Damn i have totally missed this. You're just awesome. I hope you will buy zte blade iv when zte releases it ;) To testing->

Edit: After testing I found out that whatsapp sounds work on this rom! Seems to be a daily driver for me, unlike the 4.2.2 version.

Edit2: Also seems that instagram doesnt crash in this rom compared to 4.1.2, where it crashed with 90% chance when looking the news section.

Big thanks!

Edited by leripe

Guest epyloxias

Yeah, I got it going.

4.3 goodness. *weg*

But we're waiting on official updates from qualcomm before we get Bluetooth and FM radio working, so don't bother unless you don't mind...

4.2.2 is best until the problems are ironed out - and that'll take a while yet. I'm only using 4.3 on my days off so that I can see if/what problems arise. Aside from what's already been noted, I'm seeing nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Experiencing any problems with wifi disconnections?

I'm asking you because I own a Greek ZTE Acqua (wind) and with previus releases (4.1.2-4.2.2) I was facing this particular problem.

Guest red.srb

My LED only flashes in red color , but not in green like on stock rom.Is that a problem with this ROM or i installed ROM wrong ? Konsta can you add in reboot menu option to reboot in recovery ?

Edited by red.srb

Guest bamdad

My LED only flashes in red color , but not in green like on stock rom.Is that a problem with this ROM or i installed ROM wrong ? Konsta can you add in reboot menu option to reboot in recovery ?

the led has problems in every jb rom. i just turn it off usually.

Guest KonstaT

Lol, how is that even a problem at all? Who cares if it flashes red or green just as long as the notifications works.

Can't add something that's already there. How about reading the FAQ in the third post...

the led has problems in every jb rom. i just turn it off usually.

Err, there is no problems how LEDs work. Problem seems to be when you try to disrupt normal behaviour.

Yes, I can reproduce the issue with charging LED and I probably could have done it a lot sooner if someone had actually provided proper steps how to reproduce it! It only happens with wall charger and with charging LED disabled. It's not 'I haz sticky charging LED' situation like it's been described so far. So simply don't disable the charging LED, problem solved. It's an optional setting and can be hidden anyway.

Guest RobbieM

Just put the color in the middle of the palette, something like in my screenshot... This got the LED flashing green on notifications and red on empty battery... ROM is 10.1 but the principle is the same i guess...

post-1020155-0-90198500-1376905566_thumb

Edited by RobbieM

Guest bamdad

Err, there is no problems how LEDs work. Problem seems to be when you try to disrupt normal behaviour.

Yes, I can reproduce the issue with charging LED and I probably could have done it a lot sooner if someone had actually provided proper steps how to reproduce it! It only happens with wall charger and with charging LED disabled. It's not 'I haz sticky charging LED' situation like it's been described so far. So simply don't disable the charging LED, problem solved. It's an optional setting and can be hidden anyway.

can't recall my exact wording, but 'comes back on' implies that it had been disabled previously, and i distinctly remember saying that in only does it on mains power. which is still weird as hell. as i've said before: it's nothing big, i just wanted you to know the details before you label this as 'wontfix'. ; )

Guest plantroon

Do I necessarily need to wipe data/factory reset when coming from CM 10.1 ? I used to only format /system and it worked but that was with old JB ROMs

Guest KonstaT

can't recall my exact wording, but 'comes back on' implies that it had been disabled previously, and i distinctly remember saying that in only does it on mains power. which is still weird as hell. as i've said before: it's nothing big, i just wanted you to know the details before you label this as 'wontfix'. ; )

I wasn't talking about you. It's been described by several users as 'my charging LED stays lit after I unplug the charger' instead of 'charging LED turns on by itself after it's been disabled from the settings' like it should have. If people don't know how to report issues or can't even provide proper steps how to reproduce them, there's zero chance of anything ever getting fixed.

Do I necessarily need to wipe data/factory reset when coming from CM 10.1 ? I used to only format /system and it worked but that was with old JB ROMs

There's installation instructions in the third post. It's the only way to install this ROM if you plan to write your impressions or report any possible issues in this thread. For about the millionth time - no wipe, no whine!

Guest leripe

I feel sorry for you konstat, there are easy and simple instructions and still these people dont badword get it. I think you should have your own forum for your roms, where you could just ban/mute idiots. Every thread since you started has been the same. Have few beers to relax from me!

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Experiencing any problems with wifi disconnections?

I'm asking you because I own a Greek ZTE Acqua (wind) and with previus releases (4.1.2-4.2.2) I was facing this particular problem.

Funny you mention that... I was testing on my LAN Server last night, and while my router is a steaming pile of cack at the best of times it didn't disconnect - it just had a smaller footprint than usual, and I had to stay within 25 metres or so of the router to stay connected (with 1 bar of signal). That's workable, as I don't live in a place big enough to need a repeater. But it was the next morning after being in sleep mode all night that it simply refused to even start WiFi scanning, until I rebooted. I've noticed this problem with cm10.1 before, when someone else reported it, but I believe the problem was fixed?

Not a big deal, considering.