[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest epyloxias

Funny you mention that... I was testing on my LAN Server last night, and while my router is a steaming pile of cack at the best of times it didn't disconnect - it just had a smaller footprint than usual, and I had to stay within 25 metres or so of the router to stay connected (with 1 bar of signal). That's workable, as I don't live in a place big enough to need a repeater. But it was the next morning after being in sleep mode all night that it simply refused to even start WiFi scanning, until I rebooted. I've noticed this problem with cm10.1 before, when someone else reported it, but I believe the problem was fixed?

Not a big deal, considering.

Well, my router right next to my couch, and I 'm facing disconnections every 1-2 minutes!!!! How about that??? I still believe that my Acqua is cursed!!! :P

Anyway, I think that there might be a problem with the Kerbel... I cannot explain it otherwise...

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Well, my router right next to my couch, and I 'm facing disconnections every 1-2 minutes!!!! How about that??? I still believe that my Acqua is cursed!!! :P

Anyway, I think that there might be a problem with the Kerbel... I cannot explain it otherwise...

Mmm. Not entirely convinced just yet. Have you tried installing your stock rom again? If you still have problems then it could be your router. I know mine is on its last legs, and its probably time to get another (its more than 3 years old, so possibly), and by the sounds of things, yours might be the same. On the other hand if you don't have issues with your stock rom then it may well be an issue with the kernel or the drivers for the atheros chips in our acquas. I'm guessing that the blade3 has a slightly different chipset and so the drivers that are being used might be somewhat generic? Or I could be completely wrong.

Its not cursed, so much as temperamental. Even though its a pain in the rear to have to go through the rigmorale of flashing your official greek rom and re-rooting and reinstalling ClockworkMod, it would pay to be thorough, and probably best to try it again first.

I'm off to do so right now ^^

Guest epyloxias

Mmm. Not entirely convinced just yet. Have you tried installing your stock rom again? If you still have problems then it could be your router. I know mine is on its last legs, and its probably time to get another (its more than 3 years old, so possibly), and by the sounds of things, yours might be the same. On the other hand if you don't have issues with your stock rom then it may well be an issue with the kernel or the drivers for the atheros chips in our acquas. I'm guessing that the blade3 has a slightly different chipset and so the drivers that are being used might be somewhat generic? Or I could be completely wrong.

Its not cursed, so much as temperamental. Even though its a pain in the rear to have to go through the rigmorale of flashing your official greek rom and re-rooting and reinstalling ClockworkMod, it would pay to be thorough, and probably best to try it again first.

As a matter of fact I 'm currently using the stock.

And nope! Not even one disconnection with stock rom.

Besides, I had to install German partitions, 'cause with Greek ones, I couldn't install JB at all.

Hoping for you to find the cure to our Acquas!!!! :)

Guest MJonMoDaCo

As a matter of fact I 'm currently using the stock.

And nope! Not even one disconnection with stock rom.

I'm sure thats a relief to you.

Besides, I had to install German partitions, 'cause with Greek ones, I couldn't install JB at all.

But that's not a relief. I wish ZTE would realise these devices can handle Jelly Bean... Would make a lot of their Customer base happier. I could understand if Google leaves AndroidOS 5.0 to next generation devices, so it makes even more sense to, but its probably a bureaucracy thing with manufacturers and carriers that it could take a while even if they intend to.

Hoping for you to find the cure to our Acquas!!!! :)

Not likely... But if I remember right, you can input *983*24474636# (*ZTE*CHIPINFO#)

and see the WiFi model (AR_6005) which, I'm pretty sure KonstaT would have included ;)

Anyone with a Blade3 that has anything different?

Guest epyloxias

Not likely... But if I remember right, you can input *983*24474636# (*ZTE*CHIPINFO#)

and see the WiFi model (AR_6005) which, I'm pretty sure KonstaT would have included ;)

Yeap! Specifically its an Atheros AR 6005.

I already sent about 20 emails at ZTE, with no luck at all... They said that I should wait an update from my carrier (dear Lord) Wind... So... 1 year later... nothing.. nada... τιποτα...

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I have 2 acqua. One about 6 months older than the other. The older phone, no matter what official version I install, with CM10.x WiFi does not work no matter what. It simply refuses to connect to any router. But this phone is my wife's and I didn't experiment much.

The newer phone started working on some WiFi routers after I installed the Slovak official update. I still believe there is a kernel problem. Wifi is sending corrupt packages.

I have also loaded several blade 3 partitions without any improvement.

Interesting to say the least. So for testings sake I grabbed:

P020120828370020727044.zip (Slovak stock rom) and its recovery ICS_P740AV1.0.0B07-recovery.img

As well as P020120822643044970259_germany.zip (Medion stock rom) and its recovery MEDION_P740AV1.0.0B04-recovery.img (for good measure) from

Because I've just tried NZ official rom, I will see if there is any improvement. The Slovak build info I find most intriguing:

ro. build .display . id= ICS_P740AV1 . 0.0B07

ro. product .model = Acqua

ro. product .name= P740A_GENERIC

As opposed to German:

ro. build .display . id= MEDION_P740AV1 . 0.0B04

ro. product .model = MEDION LIFE P4012

ro. product .name= P740A_MEDION

and then yours:

ro. build .display . id= ICS_WIND_P740AV1 .0.0B02

ro. product .model = Acqua

ro. product .name= P740A_WIND

And if anybody cares:

ro.build.display.id=R22 T03

BUT:

ro.build.sw_internal_version=P772A13V1.0.0B07 ;)

ro.product.model=ZTE R22

ro.product.name=P772A13

If I find no discernible difference from last night then it may well be a kernel/driver problem and considering how much work KonstaT has done for a device he doesn't have, makes me loathe to ask him...

I've seen some cheap and nasty solutions on Google Play for both our problems before, and as much as I don't want to try them (much less trust them) I may as well for testings sake... But personally I like papar's idea better - he's done a LOT of groundwork for us :) - its just that you might have better luck with slovak partitions instead?!?

Here is Slovak stock recovery partition: https://dl.dropbox.c...nal Slovak).rar

And for the brave: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361178-wifi-issue-on-acqua-with-blade-iii-roms/#entry2098140

In the brave link you will find information on how to flash the special partitions and on top of your existing ROM.

Use at your own risk.

Slovak B07 OEM emmc partitions make wifi work with CM10.x - Same as the German but Slovak is higher version than German (B07 vs B04) if that means something. (Like R22 -MJ)

Quite possibly...

Guest Chris57

I.m having a small issue with folders on the home screen. I create folders and then they disappear leaving only one apps icon.

Anyone else noticed this? I also see treuchet crashing at times and wonder if they are linked, however they dont occur at the same time and trebuchet crashes not everytime i power up.

Apart from that though everything seems quick as cm10 and the rom is much appreciated.

Edited by Chris57

Guest razjaren

I.m having a small issue with folders on the home screen. I create folders and then they disappear leaving only one apps icon.

Anyone else noticed this?

that and for me it happens

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Anyone else noticed this? I also see treuchet crashing at times and wonder if they are linked, however they dont occur at the same time and trebuchet crashes not everytime i power up.

Apart from that though everything seems quick as cm10 and the rom is much appreciated.

I've found that often its one app causing theproblem, and it doesn't like sharing a folder -sometimes doesn't like to be in a folder at all.

Not really a ROM problem (I've had it happen on a stock ROM) more a problem with the app in question (the game 100 doors is a good example). Only way to fix it is to find out which app it is by moving each shortcut one by one until it stops making the folder disappear - and possibly the other one instead. Of course, to do that you need to open the folder back up which is usually done by (long?) pressing the empty space where the folder WAS. Hope this helps.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Any chance of integrating http://forum.xda-dev....php?t=2191223 into a future build, or is it just too complicated? :D

If you want better sound experience the first step to buy good headphone, and then just disable any useless stuff like eq etc.

If it's not enough, buy better phone ;)

Personally I really hate any sound modification "magic" stuff, because the best sound experience ALWAYS the linear, and the weakest point the D/A converter.

Guest KonstaT

New build. Plenty of stuff happening in CM upstream (e.g. notification ribbon, button backlight controls, etc), mostly just keeping up.

cm-10.2-20130828-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/dl/242141882/e610017/cm-10.2-20130828-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip.html

md5:ff9f156652cb9f92c6e9db95a6460e5a

-fixed muted mic in Viber

-removed deprecated device parts app

-utilized CM's new hardware tunables framework

---vibrator intensity (Settings -> Device - More... -> Vibrator intensity)

---USB charging (Settings -> Device - More... -> USB charging)

Guest razjaren

New build. Plenty of stuff happening in CM upstream (e.g. notification ribbon, button backlight controls, etc), mostly just keeping up.

cm-10.2-20130828-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html

md5:ff9f156652cb9f92c6e9db95a6460e5a

-fixed muted mic in Viber

-removed deprecated device parts app

-utilized CM's new hardware tunables framework

---vibrator intensity (Settings -> Device - More... -> Vibrator intensity)

---USB charging (Settings -> Device - More... -> USB charging)

hm ... maybe I'm wrong somewhere but .... this fix that you installed the rom 10.2 to Viber does not work (the other party hear but I do not hear anything) must be something to the speakers .. I do not know.

thanks for the rom

Guest KonstaT

hm ... maybe I'm wrong somewhere but .... this fix that you installed the rom 10.2 to Viber does not work (the other party hear but I do not hear anything) must be something to the speakers .. I do not know.

thanks for the rom

Well, did Viber work on the previous CM10.2 build? I asked but no one answered! Someone (you?) reported it working on another 4.3 ROM that was built from my sources, but it's been previously reported working on CM10/CM10.1 as well. How I'm supposed to know, I don't use it. I just bulk applied the patch to all branches.

And a logcat please.

Guest razjaren

Well, did Viber work on the previous CM10.2 build? I asked but no one answered! Someone (you?) reported it working on another 4.3 ROM that was built from my sources, but it's been previously reported working on CM10/CM10.1 as well. How I'm supposed to know, I don't use it. I just bulk applied the patch to all branches.

And a logcat please.

that the [4.3] Pac-Man ROM V4.3.1.RC - 08/13/21 works periodically (happens to 5 calls a good, 2-3 calls not heard one side of the sound ... CARBON ROM [14:08] [Android 4 , 3] works but the sound is very bad noises, etc ... CM10 for me never worked Viber (and 10 times I've tried a clean install), 10.1 with the fix you've made the perfect (everything is working properly clean tone). I I stick to your instructions when installing. every rom I have installed at least 10 times (I have the time I broke my leg in a cast, is so fun and I learned a lot on this forum and from you :) . Any report that I have written, has been checked several times (ful installation)

I'm a novice at this and do not know to send a different report (I'll learn), and I hope that my report does not confuse you :D

Guest D4NY3L

[28.8 version] i have a problem of "connection" : right.. i have connected to wifi and i'm going to browse.. he going to site and it is ok...but i have a problem with play store don't have connection -_- and the icon of wifi and data are grey not blue :o but i have connection this is a paradossaly -_-

• Screenshot_2013-08-28-20-53-57.png?w=AADfMo_Cs2zJeIPgwfKG-SHywlSg8lCx8szTUNMTUoWFbQ

s*** help..me... i have wipe all.. now i reinstall it complety clean but the problem exist -_-

Edited by D4NY3L

Guest MJonMoDaCo

[28.8 version] i have a problem of "connection" : right.. i have connected to wifi and i'm going to browse.. he going to site and it is ok...but i have a problem with play store don't have connection -_- and the icon of wifi and data are grey not blue :o but i have connection this is a paradossaly -_-

• Screenshot_2013-08-28-20-53-57.png?w=AADfMo_Cs2zJeIPgwfKG-SHywlSg8lCx8szTUNMTUoWFbQ

s*** help..me... i have wipe all.. now i reinstall it complety clean but the problem exist -_-

And I'd say it exists because your phone needs correct router information to connect to your WiFi properly. Yes, its identified the router, but if the router doesn't have a DHCP server you're going to be staring at grey WiFi radar ad infinitum. Because without DHCP, you have to put in the information manually. You'll find out most of this information on your routers gateway. Don't know how? I probably couldn't help you without being there... and this isn't really the right thread anyway, as the problem isn't to do with the ROM. It certainly isn't a paradox... in fact very expectable. ;)

Edit: Perhaps I misunderstood your problem? If you are able to web browse then you'll not have a connection problem with your router, just the play store... But I got a sinking feeling...

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest D4NY3L

nono the problem isn't the router.. but the rom.. my phone work perfecty with 15.8 version.. the icon are blue all time and i use the same router....in this version 28.8 the two icons are all time grey (data3g and wifi) for hours and hours..... i don't know because happen it... in the future i try to reinstall the 28.8 version.. but now i return to 15.8 version.. is perfecty work to me..

this is paradox for me LOL WTFFF

Guest KonstaT

No such issue. You are not using packages from the first post (wrong gapps) and/or you didn't follow installation instructions in the third post.

Guest D4NY3L

i'm use all instruction.. perhaps i wrong something. boh . i'm use the gapps on this thread .... later i'm try to install it clean...and i see what happens... thx for support!

======

ok i resolve it.. tnx for support.. delete my post :D sorry

Edited by D4NY3L

Dear KonstaT!

I used this ROM from first release (08.15) and I want to say really big thanks for your work, this ROM actually working better than 4.1.x and 4.2.x ROMs. Fast and reliable, in one word: perfect!

Guest multi13

Great work ;) , I installed this ROM.

Some experience and observations:

I use this gapps, and after the installation (first boot) some application stoped for exampe: clocks, google+, google search etc. After this I update this app in the playstore and they were became good (did not stopped).

I tried the GPS, it was good but I sometime lost a signal. The wifi, 3G and browsing is good and the all google aplication is work (the gmap too). :-)

Overall, the ROM is used but I felt that the device is a bit slow (falter) and sometimes can not be exited from the some application (only home button). I think that will be optimized....

Same frequency:

4.3 AnTuTu bench

4.2.2 AnTuTu bench

Welcome back! :)

I install new "release" (28.8) and this better than previous (7.8).

I wrote previously some problem and these disappeared for example "(first boot) some application stoped" and "device is a bit slow (falter)" etc. The speed of the ROM is better (the same as the 10.1).

I think the ROM is now ready to use (I do not use bluetooth and radio (I do not need it.)). Good work KonstaT. ;)

One comment:

Vibration of the keyboard (touch) does not work. Ideas or tips, why not?

Guest KonstaT

Welcome back! :)

One comment:

Vibration of the keyboard (touch) does not work. Ideas or tips, why not?

Huh, you welcomed yourself back? :P

Wrong, vibration on key press works just fine. Default vibration duration just might be a little short now that I've added control for vibration intensity (it's calculated every time vibrator is enabled). You can change vibration duration under keyboard's advanced settings.