Reboots during streaming and moving

Guest Fakeacc01

Guest Fakeacc01

Hi,

today i detected a little problem as i was strolling arround and listening during soccer streaming. After 5-10 minutes of listening and walking the phone reboots itself. First i thought i was the streaming app, so i tried to stream during dolphin-browser, but the reboots constantly happens. If i hold my position the streaming is running constantly and no reboots happen. So i think it is a problem with changing the mobile receivers. After discovering this i remember that i had turned off my pin-request for my data sim card, because it often ask for the pin, when i traveling long distances. So i think the problem is the frequent change of the receiver antenna. Has anyone of you similar problems so i can figure out if it is a software problem? Because i use the updated original software-mod from vowney and think most of you use tillaz or another mod.

Edit: Ok now i tested the streaming without moving and it rebooted after 20-30 minutes. So the moving accelerateds the reboot but it isn´t the problem. Has anyone of you an idea why the reboots are happening when i streaming media?

Edited by Fakeacc01

Guest Dan Mullen

That's odd - I've watched three seasons of "Breaking Bad" on Netflix on my phone without any issues... usually four or five episodes one after the other!

Guest Northstandhero

I've been getting random reboots daily, only whilst on 3G, happened whilst watching youtube but also twitter and general browsing.I'm using Tillaz's Rom.

• 2 months later...
Guest George_Sh

Same thing here. I noticed it happening anytime I use 3G heavily like downloading smth (reboots after about 50Mb as if overheated) or just using any internet-dependant map application (only if constantly moving around the map, changing scale etc. so that it has to donwload a lot of graphics). Since it's only a 3G issue, I tend to think it's something with the radio module (hardware or software). Couldn't find an alternative radio ROM yet, seems like noone ported it from other devices yet.
BTW, it happens both on Tillaz' and stock ROMs. Some users of Lewa and MIUI ROMs report no problem with that, but I'm sceptic about it since they all use the same stock radio.

Edited by George_Sh

Guest George_Sh

There's a new official ROM on needrom, it has a new modem firmware, too. So you could try and see if it is better for you. I'm using it for 2-3 days, no problem so far. But it is still early to make conclusions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fakeacc01

Looks like the new Firmware solved the Problem. Running 40 Minutes on streaming after update and no reboots. Further test will coming, but for the moment it looks ok. But i have another Problem now, with the new one i cant add widgets to my homescreen. On the lockscreen i can add one, but in the widget list in menu there are no new widgets listet. i tried clockq and weather widget, but they dont appear, so i cant add them. Do someone know a solution or a workaround to add widgets manually on homescreen?  It only happens on the actual rom s5009_1022.

Guest George_Sh

About widgets, people say that this is a bug of the stock launcher, so using a 3rd party launcher does help.
I'm actually using Nova Launcher from the moment I updated the firmware, so I never noticed any problem with widgets.
I like Nova, it looks simple and plain, just like the stock one, but it's fast and more customazable.

Guest Orelphone.com

Hi,

I have been looking for people with same issue and finally found them here!

I am glad to see that I am not alone anymore....

If someone have a Rom that fix that, please post link

It is so frustrating to have such a great phone but be unable to watch a video on 3G...

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Orelphone.com

Hi,

@Fakeacc01 - Thank you so much!!!

I flashed the rom you advise me and it solved my prob!!

God bless you! I fell like I have a new phone! no freezing, no rebooting since then! 

I love my V5 so much now... perfect phone!