Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest angelfother

In the GPe ROM or TW? In stock GPe you can't change the quick settings panel!

It is deodexed.

P

So I have discovered, I shall revert to TW for now til you can flash other android variants instead of GPe; I hope to be able to load CM 10.2

Guest PaulOBrien

I have donated 5£ but I haven't received email. my email is

Check your spam folders!

The link for Silver / Gold members will be live on Tuesday!

P

Guest posito75

If you have the T-Mobile S4 M919 and have WIFI issues on the touchwiz side please read. Every International ROM has these issues with our phone. You must flash a custom kernal like ktoonz or WIFI will not work, Please remember this info for future reference in case you decide to flash a International ROM.

I flashed ktoonz 4.2 and it works for me. I have WIFI working on both Touchwiz and google side.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2289140

Guest brainer.de

Please fix the wlan Bug in Samsung rom. The wifi fix doesn't work with odin (PHONE)

After the start the message now appears that the external SD-Card can be removed.

I flash again, wlan+sdcard works well!

GPe version:sim bug wait 1-2 min, that works fine for me.

>>EDIT some Root-Apps to have an issue with SuperUser access. AFWall+ (Samsung), Odin mobile (Samsung/GPe)<<

The rest looks really good.

Edited by brainer.de

Guest minhthai17

If you have the T-Mobile S4 M919 and have WIFI issues on the touchwiz side please read. Every International ROM has these issues with our phone. You must flash a custom kernal like ktoonz or WIFI will not work, Please remember this info for future reference in case you decide to flash a International ROM.

I flashed ktoonz 4.2 and it works for me. I have WIFI working on both Touchwiz and google side.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2289140

So I have Switch working fine on my T-Mobile but no wifi, so I have to flash this custom kernel on in recovery? thats it?

Guest swa100

Hey Paul,

Could you fix the sim unlock bug in the gpe rom? It fails 19 out of 20 times here. And is it possible for the 2 roms to share the text messages? These are the only problems I've encountered.

Greetz,

Swa100

Edited by swa100

Hey Paul,

Could you fix the sim unlock bug in the gpe rom? It fails 19 out of 10 times here. And is it possible for the 2 roms to share the text messages? These are the only problems I've encountered.

Greetz,

Swa100

Mine have been unlocking all times?

Would someone be kind enough to upload the original TW rom (the recommended rom on the 1st link) on a file sharing site better than hotfile like Mega or torrent?

Guest RyanBrooks

i want donate for download beta, but no possible because founding donation is end

check out the store and buy a silver or gold account then you will get the download on tuesday

Guest RyanBrooks

Would someone be kind enough to upload the original TW rom (the recommended rom on the 1st link) on a file sharing site better than hotfile like Mega or torrent?

im uploading it to mega ill post the link when it is done

Guest adam1000rr

Ok, so I finally got around to flashing the beta.

Followed the step by step guide and booted ok 1st try.

Tried to install the OTA update but got an error (path not found) so I installed manually.

TW is working fine but I just can't switch to GPe rom.. Any idea why?

Cheers.

Great work btw!

Forgot to say: when clicking the switch app the phone just reboots the TW rom. Should I try flashing again?

Edited by adam1000rr

Guest willimatic

Noob here. So I have a tmo gs4 and I rooted it and flashed twrp on it.

So where do I go from here?

1)get into recovery

2)Wipe phone

3)Do I flash the I9505..rom with TWRP or Odin?

4)select switch rom part 1 and 2

5)Here is where I am confused, I am already rooted and have superSU on my phone, so do I still need to select the supersu zip ?

6)Choose Reboot

Sorry for the amateur questions.

Thanks

Edited by willimatic

Guest posito75

Yep. Just flash the ktoonz kernal or any other T-Mobile custom kernal and it should work. Worked for me. Just remember to flash the 4.2 touchwiz not 4.3

Guest minhthai17

Yep. Just flash the ktoonz kernal or any other T-Mobile custom kernal and it should work. Worked for me. Just remember to flash the 4.2 touchwiz not 4.3

Thanks man! Now I have Modaco Switch working 100%

RECOMMENDED!! Anyone using T-Mobile S4 SGH-M919. flash the KT kernel to get wifi working in TW.

http://ktoonsez.jonathanjsimon.com/sgs4/TW/KT-SGS4-JB4.2-TW-TMO-08.20.2013.zip

Guest RyanBrooks

Noob here. So I have a tmo gs4 and I rooted it and flashed twrp on it.

So where do I go from here?

1)get into recovery

2)Wipe phone

3)Do I flash the I9505..rom with TWRP or Odin?

4)select switch rom part 1 and 2

5)Here is where I am confused, I am already rooted and have superSU on my phone, so do I still need to select the supersu zip ?

6)Choose Reboot

Sorry for the amateur questions.

Thanks

When you flash the Stock TW firmware you will lose Root and your custom recovery. You should flash via Odin then once that is done you will need to use Odin again to flash TWRP or some other custom recovery. Then once your stock TW is up and running with a custom recovery put both of the Switch files and the supersu file if you want root on your sdcard and install them switch 1 then switch 2 then supersu. then hope it all works

Guest nofal86

Also you need to have pledged £5 or more

Is there still a possibility to donate and become a tester. I registered today and hope that I am not to late.

Is there still a possibility to donate and become a tester. I registered today and hope that I am not to late.

As previous said in the thread, you can become and silver or gold member and then the download will be available later on.. :)