Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Glad that is working ok for you. I only did a little work on the w100 port Ludoo did the major work on the initial port so i can't take the credit. I just tweaked it.

I won't update it really unless there is a major bug to fix. I think maybe GPS in maps might not be working too well!

Guest Arnie-75

I won't update it really unless there is a major bug to fix. I think maybe GPS in maps might not be working too well!

Why do you think so? Is there anything I can do to fix this? So far I think it works quite good.

EDIT: Just tested again and indeed it's searching it's position for some minutes now....

Edited by Arnie-75

Guest Frankish

Using a file explorer with root capabilities (i use es file explorer) try deleting gps.conf from /system/etc/. I think this is the issue. Then try redownloading EPO data etc then try maps. See if it gets a fix?

Guest Arnie-75

Deleted it. Is it OK that this file does not reappear even after downloading EPO data agin? It's gone, even after restarteing. I got a fix after restarting, but that's what I got some time before deleting gps.conf.

Guest Frankish

It doesn't really need the gps.conf and it's working for me now i've deleted it too. Got a fix really quickly. The only reason i added it was to try and get an even quicker fix but it only seems to work for a bit then dies.

I'll remove the gps.conf from my rom and re-upload as soon as i can.

Guest Arnie-75

Could you please write a message here when you have deleted the files and updated your image? I would like re-download it and save it as a backup then.

Edited by Arnie-75

Guest Frankish

Any news about ur rom?

cant wait to try it out ^_^

I was wondering this too but I think he either got stuck with the dialer issue he had or he is just plain busy with the real world!

Guest peter0010

Flashing stock CaiOS rom.

Link to latest official update 1.05 rar. http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3070761045&uk=1678349277&qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

Link to the version supplied when buying the phone. http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3126338295&uk=3811752623

Hi

both of them are english / chinese only, right ?

Edited by peter0010

Guest Frankish

Hi

both of them are english / chinese only, right ?

I couldn't be sure what languages are included as i only ever use English i can check for you though?

Lot's of languages included in the shipped 1.03 rom.

The 1.05 is English and Chinese only.

post-449642-0-51591100-1380173054_thumb.

post-449642-0-68874100-1380173055_thumb.

post-449642-0-62791000-1380173056_thumb.

post-449642-0-65650000-1380173057_thumb.

post-449642-0-71533300-1380173058_thumb.

Edited by Frankish

Guest peter0010

yea thanks but i meant your linked version of 1.03 ( not the pre installed )

i've just tested it - this 1.03  version has only chinese and english inside

Edited by peter0010

Guest peter0010

I just remapped the middle button in between the volume keys to camera shutter.

If you want you could include those files in your rom (probably better than a useless button ;))

You could also Change Key 164 in both of the files with a different action

cwm zip:

https://mega.co.nz/#!OJtxTLYB!efOKlU4KLJE4c7DQK8tidmpnUqxB91QhVLp4dwEsRz0

manual:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bAMj2S7a!NRyzYDX7IaTScUA1sBH49z6f8xsSaYawj06oFYCa8Ak

the files are located in /system/usr/keylayout permission as always 644 and owner root:root

Long press opens the camera, press in camera app takes a picture

Edited by peter0010

Guest peter0010

Yes, it was tested with the W100 Port from Frankish. (Just to be sure make a backup ;))

I just installed a KeyTest.apk looked for the scancode of that button and edited the 2 files ;)

@Frankish you dont happen to know how to activate the haptic feedback for the softkeys (home, menu, back)?

Edited by peter0010

Guest Frankish

If I go changing it to camera someone will want me to change it to music again and then someone will want it for messaging etc. I will possibly upload multiple different ones in a flash able zip format so people can make their own minds up on what it does.