Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

Guest Frankish

@Frankish, please could you confirm a few things about the Xiaocai X9?

1. Does it have front notification LED light?

2. Does it have a "compass"? Does it effect the use of GPS programs or Google Maps/Navigation?

3. Did the GPS fix posted by Dakok finally fix any GPS issues and jittery blue arrow in Google Maps?

4. Does it only support 3G WCDMA frequenices of 850 / 2100 MHz?

5. What is your overall opinion of the phone now having had it for some time?

Thanks in advance!

Getting bored waiting for the announcement of the WCDMA version of the Xiaomi Red rice phone, so I am considering buying a X9 instead.

Guest peter0010

Frankish, do u have any idea how to remove this ugly white THL Logo @ bootup

edit:

Its probably the file "boot_logo" in /system/media/images but i cant get anything else to work. I tried to convert a png image to a raw rgb file and then i converted it with to565 to a rle file. Some images dont show up at all and some are completely distorted.

Edited by peter0010

Guest Arnie-75

2. Does it have a "compass"? Does it effect the use of GPS programs or Google Maps/Navigation?

3. Did the GPS fix posted by Dakok finally fix any GPS issues and jittery blue arrow in Google Maps?

5. What is your overall opinion of the phone now having had it for some time?

Thanks in advance!

Getting bored waiting for the announcement of the WCDMA version of the Xiaomi Red rice phone, so I am considering buying a X9 instead.

1. no

2. did not work for me, at least

3. not for me, too

Guest Frankish

5. What is your overall opinion of the phone now having had it for some time?

Thanks in advance!

1. No.

2. No compass but maps still works ok.

3. Dakoks gps fix along with downloading EPO data made gps totally usable with no jumping around or anything.

4. Not sure about frequencies but what it is advertised to support.

5. Still love the phone it's great for the price the screen is gorgeous.

MIUI looks really good on it too and has OTA updates every Friday.

Guest peter0010

MIUI doesnt seem to have updates every Friday, the last update is still the one dated 13.09.2013

Also it isnt an official Version.

Edited by peter0010

Guest Frankish

MIUI doesnt seem to have updates every Friday, the last update is still the one dated 13.09.2013

Also it isnt an official Version.

I think they have some sort of holiday for a week now they are usually every week definitely OTA too.

Guest Frankish

Battery life is amazing for this phone I was so surprised the best battery life I ever got on an android phone was around 3.5 hours of screen on time. On this phone with 2 SIM cards active I hit regularly over the 5.5 hour screen on time. Simply amazing to be honest.

Guest peter0010

Does anyone know if it is possible to select the installation path in MIUI?

It looks like MIUI automatically installs everything onto the sdcard and it looks like there is no option to move the apps to the internal storage.

Sorry for maybe asking again:

How could I manage to delete the internal storage?

I want to have the "real", inserted SD-Card as only storage.

Is there a solution to get rid of this?

kra-ppo

Guest Maringer

I think they have some sort of holiday for a week now they are usually every week definitely OTA too.

It was the Chinese Moon Festival on 19th September this year. As I understand things, the Chinese have a week or two holiday around this festival! Probably explains why there was a gap in the MIUI releases.

Yes it's possible to delete a line/comment it out in vold.fstab. When on MIUI I swapped my external sd card to show as internal then disabled the built in storage.

Thanks.

Could you explain some more details or link a "vold.stab-editing-guide"?

Guest Frankish

Thanks.

Could you explain some more details or link a "vold.stab-editing-guide"?

I'll be honest i have no idea what i'm doing with it i only did it by trial and error editing of it. "vold.fstab" is a file that handles how the sdcards etc are mounted by android. I basically swapped the 1 and the 0 around to switch internal and external. Then i just commented out external with a #.

I could post a flashable .zip file that i made that does that, swaps them both and disables the 1gb storage partition. It comes with no guarantees though i used it myself but don't want anyone blaming me for wiping sdcards etc. I'd make a nandroid backup first too.

Interested?

I've attached 2 files one will fix the vold back to 2 sdcards with external as real external.

The other one swaps external sd to internal and disables 1gb built in partition.

fixmyvold.zip

VoldSwap - NoSD.zip

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

Ahh must have been updated today at some point as it wasn't there this morning! It's downloading now...

Download link to Lewa OS V5 latest rom page... http://bbs.lewaos.com/down_detail.php?id=59

Click purple button, on next page click white button with file size (next to blue button).

To get root on Lewa V5...

There is a Security Center app hidden in a chinese named folder. Open this, swipe right to details, at the bottom select permission management, next screen swipe left to Perm, scroll to bottom and select ROOT, now enable in here. PHEW!

Edited by Frankish

Guest peter0010

i think i've just found a solution to set the default installation path in MIUI

there is an option in mobile uncle tools called "App to SD"

there u can choose internal or external storage

post-1026089-0-49109200-1380649633_thumb

Guest Frankish

i think i've just found a solution to set the default installation path in MIUI

there is an option in mobile uncle tools called "App to SD"

there u can choose internal or external storage

Have you tested this thoroughly yet? As in changed the option...installed app and checked etc? Might be worth a go myself...

Can you get latest MIUI to install? As i can't install it clean or as an OTA update and it doesn't let me edit out the getprop lines and allow it to flash.

I noticed in updater script some references to tegra3? These were not in there before and the boot.img is a hugely different size too. Almost like it's for a completely different device.

Edited by Frankish

Guest peter0010

No, this version is for a different device

i get a strange error like "ventana_U930" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ventana" 

and it seems like that is a zte phone - something went wrong there :)

edit: i dunno why but my x9 installs apps to my sd card again

Edited by peter0010

Guest Frankish

Hmm you're right it is a ZTE device i guess something went a little wrong this week best to wait until their holidays finish and update afterwards.

In regards to apps installing to sd is this even after setting internal as default? I tried the install to internal option in link2sd and it didn't work too.

Guest peter0010

all this s*** doesnt work at all T_T god damn that bug (is that a bug ?!) piss me off

i wanna use MiUI but im too lazy to move all apps one by one on my phone :D

edit: i tried "default install location" also

Edited by peter0010

Guest peterhugelberg

I just finished my Bootanimation.

Its based on this and this

Changes:

- every line of Text is now editable

- Hardware Info should Match the X9 Specs

- added second "detecting SIM"

- added "Welcome to $ROMVersion"

The Source Files are in XCF Format (Gimp)

Sadly i dont have an editable source File for the loop part at the end of the Animation.

To modify do this:

1. edit the xcf files to your liking

2. disable all layers except the first three

3. Save it as a PNG File

4. Enable fourth Layer

5. Save as PNG File

6. Enable fifth Layer

7. Save as PNG File

... keep doing that until all layers are visible

not the Ram Parts (enable the first one, save, disable the first one, enable the second one, save,...

also not the cursor ones! After enabling a Cursor one, save as PNG File, disable Cursor, enable next Layer, save as PNG File)

The Cursor is kind of a "loading" animation, so enable and disable it a few times, in my bootanimation the cursor blinks 3times

Its the Same with the Loading Animation after "Activating Root Access" the: - \ | / - ...

6. edit the desc.txt to your liking

XXX YYY ZZ  ---> XXX is the Display Width (540), YYY is the Display Height (960) and ZZ is the Framerate

p u v partW     ---> u is how often the animation should be played (1) 

c u v partW     ---> v is the delay until the next animation part starts

c uv  partW     ---> partW is where the animation sequence is stored (part0, part1, ...)

c 0 0 partW     ---> Im not 100% sure what p and c does, normally p means the Animation can be interrupted if the device finished booting and the c means if the device finished booting it will complete the animation before it goes to your lockscreen.

But it seems everything after the first part is only loaded if the line begins with a c, so just leave that as it is ;)

Bootanimation (too big for Attachement): https://mega.co.nz/#!eUMSiR4Y!BAHteVKapGqkx_t7DGS8cUJRANBRuMeIhLJlRUKbvtY

Click on attachement for preview

post-1026722-0-00109800-1380727625_thumb

Bootanimation_src.zip

Edited by peterhugelberg