Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

Guest Frankish

Guest kra-ppo

Here is the .apk that should work. You need to extract it from the zip and put it in system/app folder with permissions rw-r-r.

https://db.tt/AGLDyvIl

sorry. I'm stupid. how can I handle this?

I extracted the file and the ROM. I put the missing packaginstaller.apk in the "app"-folder. but where can I change the permissions under win7pro64?

Guest peterhugelberg

You cant access the app folder with the windows explorer.

You need to push it via adb ( adb push nameoftheapk.apk /system/app/ ) and then change the permission ( adb shell chmod 0644 /system/app/nameoftheapk.apk) or

you copy it to your SD Card and then on your smartphone copy it with a filemanager into the /system/app folder and set the permissions with the file explorer (I would recommend ES File Explorer or Root Explorer)

Guest peterhugelberg

Just found this XDA Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30040093&postcount=1

the pdf in the spoiler is quite interesting: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7humxw5eb99404u

They move the starting Adress of the Sec_Ro Partition by 1MB, so that the recovery can use 7mb.

Does anyone know what the Sec_Ro Partition is used for?

ps. gonna try it out now anyways ;)

pps. sorry for double post, i wasnt sure if an edit would bump the thread

edit: does anyone know a flashtool for linux? i dont like that i have to boot windows everytime

Edited by peterhugelberg

Just found this XDA Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30040093&postcount=1

the pdf in the spoiler is quite interesting: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7humxw5eb99404u

They move the starting Adress of the Sec_Ro Partition by 1MB, so that the recovery can use 7mb.

Does anyone know what the Sec_Ro Partition is used for?

ps. gonna try it out now anyways ;)

pps. sorry for double post, i wasnt sure if an edit would bump the thread

edit: does anyone know a flashtool for linux? i dont like that i have to boot windows everytime

i tried this a few times before it gives me an error and fails to flash  :huh:

Guest peterhugelberg

Flashing seems to work, but i get stuck at the Bootlogo when trying to enter recovery. normal boot works fine

But my recovery partition is now 7mb.

could you post your recovery? maybe something went wrong while creating mine (i used this package michfood-Port-TWRP-V2.5.0.0-Javum.7z) 

and it did show some errors while running but i couldnt read them because they disappeared within a split second.

Edited by peterhugelberg

Guest peter0010

Flashing seems to work, but i get stuck at the Bootlogo when trying to enter recovery. normal boot works fine

But my recovery partition is now 7mb.

could you post your recovery? maybe something went wrong while creating mine (i used this package michfood-Port-TWRP-V2.5.0.0-Javum.7z) 

and it did show some errors while running but i couldnt read them because they disappeared within a split second.

same here.

5uwug9yu.png

sure 

https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/O8CyuUXq

can u upload your twrp port please?

edit: first, ive downgraded to cai os 1.03 and then upgraded (upgrade button, not download) to 1.05 with that scatterfile.

dont think my TWRP works ether... it sticking on the slash screen 

what did you use to get this, so i can check the partition size has changed

5uwug9yu.png

Guest peterhugelberg

Did anyone here experience Ghosttouches? (Without touching the device selects items in the top half of the screen)

It seems to be pretty common, at least in the german community.

I kind of tested everything (roms, various touchscreen enhancer apps, even the screen protector...)

Right now im in contact with the place that sold the device but im not sure if they are willing to replace the phone or at least send me a new screen digitizer (i think it has to be that part)

And given the fact that they are located in China sending the phone in is not really an option (shipping cost would be almost as high as getting a new one).

Maybe someone knows a store which sells repair parts?

Edited by peterhugelberg

Guest Frankish

Mine was a bit like that every time it got a bit of dirt or even moisture from clammy hands. After putting on a screen protector it's fine now. Seems to just be overly sensitive?

Guest peterhugelberg

I got the problem with and without a screen protector.

Right now im trying the sgs touch screen booster (again)

I just set the sensitivity way up (up means actually less sensitive) im gonna try it out now for a few days, maybe that fixes it 

Guest silverwolf0

I am trying to update to the latest cai OS 1.05 using the system update in the phone settings. If I check for update the first time, it says i have the latest (1.04). Then when I check again, 1.05 will pop up. It says it adds Hebrew language. I start downloading it and after a while I check and the download bar is stuck at 56% (of a 400MB+ file). I close and try to system update again and the cycle repeats like above, except instead of downloading it does an md5 checksum and then tells me to reboot to update. I tap okay and it reboots and does some updating animations. However, once it reaches the homescreen and I check system updates, it does the same thing and says I'm still on 1.04 and there's 1.05 available and does the same checksum (apparently I don't need to download again since the file is still there???) and the process repeats itself with no change and no update.

I wanted to update because I thought the OS is kind of slow. Apps are unresponsive a lot of the time when I tap to open them and it is slow to go to homescreen. Also camera app really sucks. Does not take picture when I tap on shutter button. I have to push several times and it doesn't focus properly or forgets to focus period. Very slow and unresponsive.

What's the best way to update to latest cai OS? Or should I ignore it completely and go for MIUI or w100 port?

Thanks.

Edit: I got w100 port working. Much faster than cai 1.04. However, a big problem is low volume. Youtube videos very low. Music very low. Ringtones are low too. I will probably miss calls. I dunno I may backup and try 1.05 and MIUI later.

Edited by silverwolf0

i will be uploading the rom i made for the X9 this week, totally forgot about it... but i think i will also be selling the phone this week, and my nexus 4  :(  

never really use it to be honest just bought it to mess around with, and with the nexus 5 it will be even less used.

I'm in the market for a Nexus 4 at the minute! :) I've sold my X9 too and probably going to sell my w200 eventually. I'm addicted.

how much you get for it?

Guest peter0010

i will be uploading the rom i made for the X9 this week, totally forgot about it...

that would be awesome  :wub:

Edited by peter0010

Guest peterhugelberg

i will be uploading the rom i made for the X9 this week, totally forgot about it... but i think i will also be selling the phone this week, and my nexus 4  :(  

never really use it to be honest just bought it to mess around with, and with the nexus 5 it will be even less used.

could you give us an update?