Buying online?!

Guest Frankish

Guest targetbsp

IIRC, earlier in said HUKD thread, someone mentioned that support were surprised as their phones tend to come out Fridays rather than Wednesdays. ie. today hopefully! Though as they can't be unlocked yet and Virgins tariff is 10 times what say Three's is, I'll be waiting a little while yet.

Guest targetbsp

I'd be getting it PAYG in which they charge 40p/min, 15p/text vs Three who charge 3p/min and 2p/text. It's a non starter until I can unlock it!

I do the vast majority of my data over wifi so Three's 1p/MB is also better than virgins £1/day for 100MB as I won't be using anything liek that per day.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Sebastian404

Im back in the UK for Family reasons, and I did quite fancy getting one, I tried 2 Virgin stores in Central London.. who told me it was not released yet, and after getting them to check the website, they said they would not get stock till next week...

I'm up North now and the nearest Virgin Mobile store is about 50 miles away.. not sure I want to bother wasting the effort

Im back in the UK for Family reasons, and I did quite fancy getting one, I tried 2 Virgin stores in Central London.. who told me it was not released yet, and after getting them to check the website, they said they would not get stock till next week...

I'm up North now and the nearest Virgin Mobile store is about 50 miles away.. not sure I want to bother wasting the effort

i got 2 last wednesday in the liverpool stores, apparently stores do have stock whereas online and over the phone do not as far as i'm aware

Guest targetbsp

I'm almost certainly buying one. I just figure I've waited a week already I may as well wait a few days longer and get the first impressions of all those that ordered one today! I have a cold atm anyway so not especially motivated to set up a new phone right now.

Guest seanspotatobusiness

Does anyone else feel surprised that not that many people seem to have bought this phone? I thought they would sell out and I might not be able to get one (I couldn't get to the local branch until the weekend) but when I called he said they had loads and I kinda expected more people in this subforum.

Guest targetbsp

I have money put aside for one and so does a friend. But I'm waiting until the ball is rolling a bit more on the fun stuff - I wanna see CWM on it at least. And I suspect my friend is waiting until I have one seeing as how I'm such a droid geek. :D

Guest bladebuddy

Mine ordered online in the Uk but had to pick a uk site which makes me think they ship abroad £107 Uk pounds including shipping. Will give my unbiased report when it lands in the next few days. J:D

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest targetbsp

I have money put aside for one and so does a friend. But I'm waiting until the ball is rolling a bit more on the fun stuff - I wanna see CWM on it at least. And I suspect my friend is waiting until I have one seeing as how I'm such a droid geek. :D

We both bought one today so that's two more owners!

Guest seanspotatobusiness

Mine ordered online in the Uk but had to pick a uk site which makes me think they ship abroad £107 Uk pounds including shipping. Will give my unbiased report when it lands in the next few days. J:D

Why aren't they available outside the UK?