[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Well, 4.4 look promissing to entry level smartphones, like G300. So, when arrives, it could be easy (at least to Dazzozo) to port it to G300.

I hope so... :)

Keep the fantastic work giving a boost and kepping alive all the G300 in the world! :D

Edited by DJPRMF

Hello all,

I'm running CM 10.2.20131110-NIGHTLY-u8815 (the latest from what I found). Works great, thaks daz!

I have one major issue though. The 750mb internal storage is almost full, I have about 60mb free. What I tried and didn't work:

- factory reset / data

- wipe cache

- wipe Dalvik cache

- mount and format everything I could from the recovery menu

Right now I have installed 6 apps from the play store (facebook, tapatalk, 1-click cleaner, es file explorer, link2sd, power toggles and supersu).

In the storage menu the internal storage is as follows:

Total space 757 MB

Available 69.11MB

Apps 175MB

Cached data 832KB

From my math I have about 245MB occupied out of 757MB. What the hell is the rest? Is there any way to access it and clean it? Is there anything I can delete from the root folders?

It's driving me crazy...

From my math I have about 245MB occupied out of 757MB. What the hell is the rest? Is there any way to access it and clean it? Is there anything I can delete from the root folders?

It's driving me crazy...

Try to check what uses your storage space with DiskUsage.

I have many apps installed, some bigger apps moved to the SD and I have 186MB free on /data

Edited by rhen

The scan on "App Storage" shows apps 171.7MB, system data 517MB and free space 68.1MB.

A scan on the /data folder shows the biggest one is lost+found, 562MB. What is this folder? Is there anything inside I can delete?

Thanks for the quick answer!

The scan on "App Storage" shows apps 171.7MB, system data 517MB and free space 68.1MB.

A scan on the /data folder shows the biggest one is lost+found, 562MB. What is this folder? Is there anything inside I can delete?

Thanks for the quick answer!

fsck put their output to lost+found folder. http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/18154/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-lostfound-folder-in-linux-and-unix

So you may have continuous file system corruption.

If you have a samsung emmc, or you are brave enough to try out the fixed recovery on hynix emmc, you can install latest CWM 6.0.4.4 R7 recovery and format /system /data /cache partitions than install latest nightly and gapps again. (CWM 6.0.4.0 has a potential file ext4 system bug). It should fix your problem.

Edited by rhen

Will do that tonight and I'll come back with the result.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: took a chance and cleared the lost+found folder. Now I have 600MB+ of free space. Initially I didn't want to do this while at work because I need the phone, but it was bugging me :)

I'll still do a clean install with CWM 6.0.4.4 R7 and the formats just to be safe.

Edited by chelu

Guest ahatomastarday

Will do that tonight and I'll come back with the result.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: took a chance and cleared the lost+found folder. Now I have 600MB+ of free space. Initially I didn't want to do this while at work because I need the phone, but it was bugging me :)

I'll still do a clean install with CWM 6.0.4.4 R7 and the formats just to be safe.

FYI, it's perfectly safe to remove the contents of that folder. A workaround for this problem (although tedious) is actually to just keep clearing that folder regularly.

Guest plewis1981

Hello all, I'm running CM 10.2.20131110-NIGHTLY-u8815 (the latest from what I found). Works great, thaks daz! I have one major issue though. The 750mb internal storage is almost full, I have about 60mb free. What I tried and didn't work:- factory reset / data- wipe cache- wipe Dalvik cache- mount and format everything I could from the recovery menu Right now I have installed 6 apps from the play store (facebook, tapatalk, 1-click cleaner, es file explorer, link2sd, power toggles and supersu). In the storage menu the internal storage is as follows:Total space 757 MBAvailable 69.11MBApps 175MBCached data 832KB From my math I have about 245MB occupied out of 757MB. What the hell is the rest? Is there any way to access it and clean it? Is there anything I can delete from the root folders? It's driving me crazy...

This buildup of files has been happening since the switch to the 3.4 kernel, the buildup happens when setting the SD card to default storage. I always delete the contence of the folder, but leave the folder.

As with the 9/11 build the log of the phone shuting did not save :( but i saved the log of the bootup of todays build 11/11

post-reboot.txt

FYI, it's perfectly safe to remove the contents of that folder. A workaround for this problem (although tedious) is actually to just keep clearing that folder regularly.

Considering that I have the phone for about 10 months and this is the first time I have to do this, I don't think it's such a big issue. In another 10 months when I run out of space again I know what to delete  :P

Considering that I have the phone for about 10 months and this is the first time I have to do this, I don't think it's such a big issue. In another 10 months when I run out of space again I know what to delete :P

10 month? I am sure that it build up much wicker.

you have wiped the /data so the contain of the lost+found must be generated later than the last wipe.

Anyway, you can create an init script that delete the contain of the folder every boot. But this is only make your partition looks fine. You have to prevent file system coruption. I suggest to install latest recovery and format the /system /data /cache partitions. (if you have hynix, than this is your own risk)

I would like to share my experience. I have the hynix flash memory. When I flashed the CM7 rom with the ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.0 everything was fine, the only problem I noticed: phone sometimes freezes, had to manually reboot with the power key and had random reboots. I decided to flash this rom to try it out with ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.4, and my phone "died" several times, I mean literally: I thought it will never turn on anymore (tried with taking out and put in battery, boot into recovery...) but after many tries the phone just booted. It sometimes didnt respond 10 min, sometimes half an hour... It started to happen every time I leave the phone alone, and because I was really not sure how long will I be able to make the phone booting up again, I reflashed the CM7 now with the newest recovery and everything is still good for now.

Guest plewis1981

10 month? I am sure that it build up much wicker.you have wiped the /data so the contain of the lost+found must be generated later than the last wipe.Anyway, you can create an init script that delete the contain of the folder every boot. But this is only make your partition looks fine. You have to prevent file system coruption. I suggest to install latest recovery and format the /system /data /cache partitions. (if you have hynix, than this is your own risk)

The build up is caused by setting the SD card as primary storage. it started when the 3.4 kernel made its first appearance, I kept running the 3.4 kernel while nightly's were suspended and never had any other buildup of files. I also check the directory before and after setting the SD card as primary, so I am pretty confident this is the cause.

I have sumsung emmc running TWRP 2.6.3.0

I would like to share my experience. I have the hynix flash memory. When I flashed the CM7 rom with the ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.0 everything was fine, the only problem I noticed: phone sometimes freezes, had to manually reboot with the power key and had random reboots. I decided to flash this rom to try it out with ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.4, and my phone "died" several times, I mean literally: I thought it will never turn on anymore (tried with taking out and put in battery, boot into recovery...) but after many tries the phone just booted. It sometimes didnt respond 10 min, sometimes half an hour... It started to happen every time I leave the phone alone, and because I was really not sure how long will I be able to make the phone booting up again, I reflashed the CM7 now with the newest recovery and everything is still good for now.

Looks like hynix was bad before the 3.4 kernel too.

But If you have the latest recovery and phone works fine, maybe not the recovery is the couse of the sudden hynix deaths.

The build up is caused by setting the SD card as primary storage. it started when the 3.4 kernel made its first appearance, I kept running the 3.4 kernel while nightly's were suspended and never had any other buildup of files. I also check the directory before and after setting the SD card as primary, so I am pretty confident this is the cause.

I have sumsung emmc running TWRP 2.6.3.0

So you have the build up only once, when switched storage?

You have this on /data too?

Guest plewis1981

So you have the build up only once, when switched storage?You have this on /data too?

Yes just the once, when switching storage, always in /data/lost+found, the size of the buildup vairys from around 100mb - about 500mb

Has anyone with the hynix memory and TWRP successfully flashed the newest build and is running it? I'm still a bit scared to flash it after all those phone deaths.

Yes just the once, when switching storage, always in /data/lost+found, the size of the buildup vairys from around 100mb - about 500mb

Interesting. It looks like that the problem is something else then what I thought first.

Do you had apps on the SD card when you switch storage? Maybe the lost+found get the same size as .android_secure folder was on the SD card?

Guest plewis1981

Interesting. It looks like that the problem is something else then what I thought first.Do you had apps on the SD card when you switch storage? Maybe the lost+found get the same size as .android_secure folder was on the SD card?

Switching storage is one of the first things I do so I have very few apps installed , usually I just install cat log to record what is happening when I switch storage, but since Saturday the log of the phone shutting down has not been saving, so I have only been able to record what has happened when the phone is booting up. I have posted all the logs in this thread.

The build up even happens when I flashed the ROM with NO gapps and FULL wipes.

Guest Kololej

Has anyone with the hynix memory and TWRP successfully flashed the newest build and is running it? I'm still a bit scared to flash it after all those phone deaths.

I'm flashed an hour ago. It's all right, but I feel a bit of scare too :)

Switching storage is one of the first things I do so I have very few apps installed , usually I just install cat log to record what is happening when I switch storage, but since Saturday the log of the phone shutting down has not been saving, so I have only been able to record what has happened when the phone is booting up. I have posted all the logs in this thread.

The build up even happens when I flashed the ROM with NO gapps and FULL wipes.

I checked your recently posted log but didn't find anything. I have no idea what can be the cause of this.

Don't you have an older log that contain the storage change event too?

Guest plewis1981

Hi again daz, I have just done a fresh install of today's build. Once again there is a build up of files in /data/lost+found, wich is getting smaller with each build. I made a log of setting setting external SD as primary, and the second is when my phone re booted.Hope this help shed some light on this :)attachicon.gif2013-10-17-06-09-43.txt

Just looked back through my old posts and found this, also I first noticed this when we went to 4.3.1 not when we changed kernel. There are other logs on hear but this is the earlyist I could finds ( page 21 )

Just looked back through my old posts and found this, also I first noticed this when we went to 4.3.1 not when we changed kernel. There are other logs on hear but this is the earlyist I could finds ( page 21 )

I didn't find any usable information.

Maybe I will try it tomorrow on my own device and see what happens.

Edited by rhen

I would like to share my experience. I have the hynix flash memory. When I flashed the CM7 rom with the ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.0 everything was fine, the only problem I noticed: phone sometimes freezes, had to manually reboot with the power key and had random reboots.

I decided to flash this rom to try it out with ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.4, and my phone "died" several times, I mean literally: I thought it will never turn on anymore (tried with taking out and put in battery, boot into recovery...) but after many tries the phone just booted. It sometimes didnt respond 10 min, sometimes half an hour... It started to happen every time I leave the phone alone, and because I was really not sure how long will I be able to make the phone booting up again, I reflashed the CM7 now with the newest recovery and everything is still good for now.

If you are getting random reboots then could they be "3G" reboots on the unofficially unlocked bootloader?

And if you are getting random crashes/freezes are you overclocking?

If you are getting random reboots then could they be "3G" reboots on the unofficially unlocked bootloader?

And if you are getting random crashes/freezes are you overclocking?

These actually can be the reasons, but I will never find out. My phone just died, no way to boot it anymore in any way... Today I'll take it to the carrier. So it seems the hynix problem is definitely related to the recovery..