[ GB ] B895-slim-v7 Multibaseband

Guest Dovahpig

Not qualified enough to give the exact reply to your question but I can give my instance.

I was on JB Slim v8.0 by Telonous - bootloader unlocked officially.

Thanks - but that's the difference. I never did the official bootloader unlock - yet.

More succinctly my questions are:

(1) Is the "like you're five" unofficial unlocked bootloader the original/unchanged GB bootloader? I would MD5 and compare for myself if I knew where to extract the respective bootloaders from! :blush:

(2) Do GB ROMs such as this (Slim) or AtomicMod install the original GB bootloader? (I think not)

(3) IF the answer to (1) is "no" then is there some way to install JUST the original GB bootloader - or should I just do the official unlock and be done with it? I know there's the downgrade to GB zip but that installs the old baseband, RIL etc. as well. I have a residual fear of screwing something up doing the B952 forced update (IMEI problems etc.). I know - I'm a wuss! :blush: :D

Thanks.

Edited by dalyer

Thanks - but that's the difference. I never did the official bootloader unlock - yet.

More succinctly my questions are:

(1) Is the "like you're five" unofficial unlocked bootloader the original/unchanged GB bootloader? I would MD5 and compare for myself if I knew where to extract the respective bootloaders from! :blush:

(2) Do GB ROMs such as this (Slim) or AtomicMod install the original GB bootloader? (I think not)

(3) IF the answer to (1) is "no" then is there some way to install JUST the original GB bootloader - or should I just do the official unlock and be done with it? I know there's the downgrade to GB zip but that installs the old baseband, RIL etc. as well. I have a residual fear of screwing something up doing the B952 forced update (IMEI problems etc.). I know - I'm a wuss! :blush: :D

Thanks.

Well IMO reach out (PM / IRC) to any of the devs like jsevi, /tillaz /kyan et al.

Check out a few of jsevi's topics here: http://www.modaco.co...991266-jsevi83/ -- I remember he posted both ICS and GB boatloaders somewhere.

Till you get an explanation from someone knowledgeable here's what I understand--

1) In "like you are five" if you are on 2030 baseband, then during the rooting process mentioned there, the encrypted and locked bootloader is replaced with the unlocked one from GB -- which is one of the primary reasons people get random reboots, signal loss, etc

2) No. In AtomicMod, you have to flash a ZIP if coming from ICS/2030 baseband

3) Unlocking the bootloader is required only if you went to ICS via the official upgrade baseband way. As you are currently on 2030 baseband, ideally get the unlock code from Huawei, use the official update.app method to revert to stock, unlock the bootloader and try whatever ROM you want.

Note: Once you get the official unlock code, you don't need to follow "like you are five" for rooting. Unlocking via the code is much simpler. Check out George's guide here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

Edited by smweb

Guest Dovahpig
Guess this ROM does not have "deep sleep". Slept while phone battery was at 50%, woke up to 14%. :(

Hmm i got 5% battery drain last night. It looks like its related to 2030 baseband. I will switch baseband again today and see.

IMHO the easiest way to install this ROM is downgrade to GB baseband / bootloader using jseiv83's tool here: http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/

This installs GB official orignigal bootloader which was never locked so theoretically no reboots.

Then go into CWM and format your internal (emmc) and external sd cards. Mount the external sd card (USB connection) and copy the GB Slim rom to it then flash.

All done, with full wipes. You can also then overclock (and underclock) using no frills CPU.

I've got my CPU set to min 300 MHz, and max 1190 Mhz. All very stable.

Also using holo launcher and holo locker so it looks like ICS and QuicPic for the gallery. All very smooth. Battery life is ok, not exceptional, but that maybe down to some of the apps I'm using. Best thing is all the apps (facebook / outlook etc) actually launch and don't FC anymore like they did on ICS.

If you want to go back to ICS then just flash the upgrade to ICS zip.

I've got my offical ICS bootloader unlock code (tested and working) but I'll only bother using it if I'm sure I'm going back to ICS permanently.

For the record, I did the above method coming from ICS Stock + Rom without any issues.

Edited by Guest

Thanks rob. Unfortunately when I tried the GB downgrade zip and installed AtomicMod recently I had no carrier network at all. I had to flash the ICS upgrade ZIP and restore my Stock+ to get things working again. I'll try again when I get a chance - i.e. GB downgrade + GB Slim or SuperSlim.

Guest Dovahpig

@Dalyer:

I just downgraded baseband no problem.

1. Download downgrade b985 zip

OPTIONAL: you can download latest recovery from dazz and put recovery.img from it into b985 downgrade zip and overwrite. You will have the latest CWM after flash.

2. From CWM install downgrade zip.

Reboot to recovery again.

3. Do the full wipes

Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe cache partion

Wipe dalvik cache

From mount and storage format system

Format sdcard1 (internal storage) and sdcard2 (external)

4. Mount storage from cwm and copy B985 SuperSlim to sdcard.

5. Install and reboot (screen will flicker two times at huawei logo, dont worry);)

Thats it, now deep sleep and overclock work.

Guest phyllocrania

Can anyone help me how to install CWM on Stock Gingerbread? I don't want to move to ICS and flash this ROM. I want to do it from my stock GB ROM (the ROM which first came with my phone).

@Dalyer:

I just downgraded baseband no problem.

1. Download downgrade b985 zip

OPTIONAL: you can download latest recovery from dazz and put recovery.img from it into b985 downgrade zip and overwrite. You will have the latest CWM after flash.

2. From CWM install downgrade zip.

Reboot to recovery again.

3. Do the full wipes

Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe cache partion

Wipe dalvik cache

From mount and storage format system

Format sdcard1 (internal storage) and sdcard2 (external)

4. Mount storage from cwm and copy B985 SuperSlim to sdcard.

5. Install and reboot (screen will flicker two times at huawei logo, dont worry) ;)

Thats it, now deep sleep and overclock work.

Thanks a lot - I'll try that over the weekend.

Guest viggen66

What are the main advantages of this rom with ICS slim, is it faster, or almost almost not noticeable, I reckon the only thing is the memory usage? Also there are some apss which probably are not compatible with GB?

Guest Dovahpig
What are the main advantages of this rom with ICS slim, is it faster, or almost almost not noticeable, I reckon the only thing is the memory usage? Also there are some apss which probably are not compatible with GB?
Its much much faster then ICS Slim

Hi, is there another download link? The solidfiles one isn't working...
Sometimes they have downtimes, link is working now. Edited by Dovahpig

Sometimes they have downtimes, link is working now.

And sometimes some security software (firewalls/virus checkers) may block downloads in which case you may need to disable it temporarily...

Thanks rob. Unfortunately when I tried the GB downgrade zip and installed AtomicMod recently I had no carrier network at all. I had to flash the ICS upgrade ZIP and restore my Stock+ to get things working again. I'll try again when I get a chance - i.e. GB downgrade + GB Slim or SuperSlim.

Finally got to try this again - except this time with superslim-v1 - and after following the instructions above (B895-downgrade.zip etc.) and rebooting a few times I again could not make/receive calls even though I had a signal etc. I rebooted a few more times and still the same. I reflashed the downgrade zip and again the same. But then one more reboot and it started working and I was finally able to make/receive calls!  :blink: Very early days for me but superslim-v1 is running really well so far. Thanks a lot Dovahpig (and ultimately jsevi83)!  :)

Edited by dalyer

^you should have let your phone idle for few minutes to get his $hit together :)

When I installed superslim-v1 and saw the "smartphones can sense fear" (?) message I thought that you put that in especially for me since I worry so much... :D