replacement back cover

Guest JonR

Hi there, new user, first time poster.

Not much idea about Android phones, etc.

I have OSD, it's not rooted (I don't even know what that is or how to do it, but it sounds like something everyone does).

question is this - the cover that I purchased has metal clips at the top, and they're in just the wrong place, and they've scratched the 'glass' window of the camera - this makes photo's blurry, and has completely stopped the QR code reader from working normally (it does work if I take off the back cover - but that's not really practical is it)

I went into EE to ask about replacement, and as they don't sell them anymore, they had no spare in stock to do a quick change of the back cover. They said they could send it off, but that it probably wouldn't be fixed, as it's not actually a fault with the phone.

the advice eventually given was to look online for a replacement cover, or to go to an independent small phone retailer to get a replacement cover.

I've seen some advice where they say that you can 'clean' the scratch out with toothpaste on a cotton bub stick in a cordless drill, but knowing my DIY expertise, I'd probably drill right through it! :)

as I've seen on here the XOLO phone is pretty much identical - is there somewhere I could get a xolo cover from?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Guest glossywhite

Hi there, new user, first time poster.

Not much idea about Android phones, etc.

I have OSD, it's not rooted (I don't even know what that is or how to do it, but it sounds like something everyone does).

question is this - the cover that I purchased has metal clips at the top, and they're in just the wrong place, and they've scratched the 'glass' window of the camera - this makes photo's blurry, and has completely stopped the QR code reader from working normally (it does work if I take off the back cover - but that's not really practical is it)

I went into EE to ask about replacement, and as they don't sell them anymore, they had no spare in stock to do a quick change of the back cover. They said they could send it off, but that it probably wouldn't be fixed, as it's not actually a fault with the phone.

the advice eventually given was to look online for a replacement cover, or to go to an independent small phone retailer to get a replacement cover.

I've seen some advice where they say that you can 'clean' the scratch out with toothpaste on a cotton bub stick in a cordless drill, but knowing my DIY expertise, I'd probably drill right through it! :)

as I've seen on here the XOLO phone is pretty much identical - is there somewhere I could get a xolo cover from?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Four quid >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Orange-San-Diego-AZ210-Battery-Back-Cover-Door-Intel-inside-UK-/300908846374?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item460f909d26

Edited by glossywhite

• 10 months later...

Thanks - late reply I know - got one off ebay in the end.  New one is now getting scratched too even though I've covered the metal studs in plastic tape and I'm putting the phone in the case upside down!

I also have 'cannot connect to camera' error now, so will probably wait a couple of months for an upgrade.