MoDaCo Mobile Week 45 - Let's Hudl!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

James (@nortools) and I (with special guest Simon aka @flibblesan) are proud to present the MoDaCo Mobile Week Episode 45 - Let's Hudl!

...sharing our views about the news in this week's mobile world.

In this weeks ~50 minute edition, we're talking about...

• Moments.
  • Tesco's new tablet - the Hudl
  • CyanogenMod - now official worth $7m!
  • The Oppo N1 is announced.
  • Sony QX10 Lens Camera - I got one!
  • Software news.
  • Microsoft has another go at Surface
...as well as our usual number of tangents!

Also in this podcast - the secret codeword for our Chromecast competition - see this topic for more details!

You can get the podcast in the following ways:

• Direct download from the downloads section of the site
  • Via iTunes (search for MoDaCo!)
  • Via RSS with enclosures - simply add the feed to the reader of your choice
Your feedback is really valuable and will tell us whether it is worth our while to continue running the podcasts! Do you listen? What do you like? What do you not like? Please leave your feedback in the comments below, you can also rate us on iTunes!

You can listen to this weeks show here:

Or download in MP3 format.

Click here to view the item

Guest Zarch1972

QX10 thoughts........ If you already own a very good point and shoot (as you do with your Canon S110?), why do you need a QX10?

Surely the S110 far more convenient, quicker, pocketable and of a higher quality than the QX10?

Guest Zarch1972

Couldn't agree more with that final point about needing a proper keyboard. We (geeks) are probably a slightly different breed to the general public in that we see typing as a primary requirement from our 'couch' device.

Step forward my trusty Chromebook. As nice as my Nexus 7 2013 is, I still prefer most of my browsing from the sofa on the Chromebook as its much easier to interact with sites because of the keyboard.

:)

Guest Zarch1972

Wondering if the 'new' Kindle Fire HD announcement at $139 (sub £100?) puts a bit of dampner on the Hudl now?

Closed shop of the Fire vs all the Google services on the Hudl?

Guest PaulOBrien

QX10 thoughts........ If you already own a very good point and shoot (as you do with your Canon S110?), why do you need a QX10?

Surely the S110 far more convenient, quicker, pocketable and of a higher quality than the QX10?

Higher MP count and 10x zoom rather than 5x zoom on the QX10. Different scenarios. :)

P

Guest Zarch1972

Higher MP count and 10x zoom rather than 5x zoom on the QX10. Different scenarios. :)

P

Okay, higher MP and more zooom on the QX10, I will give you that, but its f3.3 at the wide end... the S95/100 etc are f2.0 :)

Sorry, been thinking about it all day..... I cannot see any scenario where i'd rather fumble about attaching the QX10 to something than having the S110 (or equivalent) in my pocket. :)

I'm just not 'getting' it am I? lol.

I find my Sony NEX 6 paired with my Nexus 4 ( and Nexus 7 ) produces excellent results, slightly fewer pixels that the QX10 and QX100 but a DSLR sensor in a compact body and interchangable lens means the quality is exceptional. Plus you get much more control over the camera than with the QX series. Its a fair bit more money than even the QX100 but gives more options and a proper view finder.

I believe the android app used by the QX10 is the same Play Memories app I use with the Nex 6, which I hope means more updates to what is currently a fairly reasonable application although not as simple to use as an EyeFi card.

I would recommend an EyeFi card for anyone wanting to push pictures from their camera to their phone for sharing, if they can't stretch to a WiFi enabled camera.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.