n880e bricked

Guest enrico87a

Guest enrico87a

Hi, 

I've bricked my phone. After an update to ics from stock original zte site, when I turn on my phone there is a white screen, I hear sounds and phone's touch it's working, but it's only white screen. I can enter in ftm and in android system,

What can I do?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Are you able to use recovery mode? You can access that by holding down the power and volume up buttons to turn on the phone for about 15-20 seconds. If it only gives you a white screen still then its quite possible that you flashed an incompatible ROM on to your phone. I'd say its possible because this forum is for ZTE Skate Acqua, and trying to install a N880e ROM onto an Acqua normally results in a brick as N880e is a CDMA only device, whereas Acqua is GSM. An unfortunate error if that's the case, and possibly needing assistance from a service center.

Guest enrico87a

No i've flashed an update from zte n880e from recovery. I can't find a zte n880e tread but i've read that has got similar hardware  to acqua. i've flashed the update from sd by recovery. I can enter in recovery but I can't see nothing because the screen it's completely white. I can enter in ftm too, System recognize the thelephone as dfu but the screen remains white.

I've bring it to service center but I think that they will not repair it because of my rom flash..Telephone's got original recovery and it's not rooted

Guest MJonMoDaCo

It does have similar hardware, but the firmware is quite different. I have a sinking feeling that you had Gingerbread (2.3.x) on your phone to begin with, and I don't think there's a safe way of going back. I'll see what I can do here. I think he'll be perplexed to be honest, but it'll be better advice than I'll be able to give you I'm afraid. I really do think the ROM was incompatible though.

Edit: I have to suggest the possiblility of the digitizer in your phone was damaged. I'm not certain, and in fact I kind of doubt it, but it would seem that there is a serious hardware problem, as opposed to this being a problem caused by a bad flash. I really do suggest you change the name of the topic to reflect the real problem, as the term 'brick' is thrown around a lot without a whole lot of consideration these days. In truth, a bricked device is one that won't start AT ALL.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest Snap.IT

Hi, 

I've bricked my phone. After an update to ics from stock original zte site, when I turn on my phone there is a white screen, I hear sounds and phone's touch it's working, but it's only white screen. I can enter in ftm and in android system,

What can I do?

You'll need a windows box and charged battery for this to work.

1. download http://www.modaco.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=89850

2. Unpack it into a location on your PC you'll remember

3. Get your stock firmware for your phone here: http://www.ztedevices.com/support/selectproduct.html?type=software

4. Unpack the update.zip into a folder you'll remember

5. open the folder you stored the DFU from step 2 in and start DFU

6. get into DFU mode (i have no idea how that works on this phone but on the Blade 3 you turn the phone off, press and hold vol+, vol- and power) and connect it to your PC

7. on the right hand side, browse for the folder you unpacked the update zip into (the one with recovery.img in it)

8. on the left side, check all the boxes

9. on the lower right corner, click the button on the left

10. if it doesn't restart after it's done pull the battery

Other instructions: http://bbs.hiapk.com/thread-4435279-1-1.html

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest Snap.IT

Thanks for the answer, i'll give a try when they will bring me the telephone back!

If it's going in for repair, just use the standard system updates in settings or stock recovery.

You usually have to put the update in the root of the sdcard first and then you just run it and it will upgrade it.