Very disappointed with Tesco's Demo Units...

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest george109

That demo mode is so annoying! All that I can see is a C*appy video on the hudl! I can't even get into the play store! The best thing for me, is that one of them, whenver I click anything, it said something like "Video Player has stopped"

It cant even play the video without a crash! :lol:

Guest glossywhite

That demo mode is so annoying! All that I can see is a C*appy video on the hudl! I can't even get into the play store! The best thing for me, is that one of them, whenver I click anything, it said something like "Video Player has stopped"

It cant even play the video without a crash! :lol:

I don't understand all the time wasted with these complaints. Yes, Tesco *should* have made the demo units less restrictive, but the bottom line is that they didn't.

Tesco have a 14 day "cooling off period" (confirmed in store). You buy the hudl, and if it doesn't meet your requirements, you return it - that's the best demo ever.

There.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest george109

I don't understand all the time wasted with these complaints. Yes, Tesco *should* have made the demo units less restrictive, but the bottom line is that they didn't.

Tesco have a 14 day "cooling off period" (confirmed in store). You buy the hudl, and if it doesn't meet your requirements, you return it.

There.

However, In my experience, Things that are said in store by staff are usually contradicted by terms and conditions, and returns are often not accepted...

Edited by george109

Guest glossywhite

However, In my experience, Things that are said in store by staff are usually contradicted by terms and conditions, and returns are often not accepted...

They will accept it back.

It's a cheap tablet and an amazing one. Beyond that, YouTube is your (second) friend - there's lots of unboxing and review videos to be viewed there.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

I have now ordered two of these for family members, as they do seem to be the best Tablets out there for the money... I have done my research (and it has taken me a long time, basically due to mum's requirements... As she has never really used this technology before, so getting something she'll be comfortable using, ie: not to small, something she can read/see as has limited vision at present). And we even got a discount too, as when we ordered two we actually got the second half price... ;)

However, I couldnt agree more with you George109.... (and this doesnt just apply to Tesco's) but based on my own personal experience... Even when my product(s) was fautly, they failed to resolve the issue... I have had in the past, 4x DUFF TV's from them...

1st being well over 10-15 years ago... That was resolved, but required me to drive to several stores, lugging the TV back and fourth... claiming refund here, getting exchange there... blah blah blah. And the TV was only 2x weeks old before sound packed up...

The 2nd just over a year ago... Purchased a 24" LCD TV, it failed to pickup any Analogue or Digitial signal and so was useless as a TV, and was only being used for a monitor. So I took that back and said I am prepared to pay more and get a better TV. So I upgraded, only to find the TV I had purchased had a crack on the glass but from the inside, therefore I could not accused of doing it unless I removed the glass screen from the TV scratched it and replaced it. So I took that one back, got the same model again... only to find all the colours messed up, certain channels kept jumping for no reason, some buttons on remote didnt do the functions they were meant too, usb ports not working... So many problems, yet Tescos and there so called "Tech Support" company failed to find any faults with it... Even though the guys they originally sent out wittnessed them and agreed with me. It took months for them to deal with this, and resorted to me photographing/filming and uploading it onto the Internet to which I sent HQ a letter pointing to the links and blogs... After that, it was very quickly dealt with, money refunded and TV purchased elsewhere...

So yes, I also wouldnt trust Tesco's policy of returning... As it certainly didnt do me any favours, and that is with FAULTY hardware, let alone a try-before-buy cooling off period... Like wise with Argos, wouldnt take a phone back that didnt do as listed... ended up having to resell it...

The demo software is bad, really really bad... But as for the units themselves, they are well worth the money they are being sold for... Especially when we get full root/cwm and custom roms... As its so cheap, it will get a lot of Dev support too... :)

Guest glossywhite

I think someone needs to travel around, visiting Tesco stores and flashing STOCK images into their "demo" units.

If you pay my hourly rate - £50 - I'll do it.

PS: You're welcome ;)

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Trust me, if Tesco's do pay your hourly rate, it'll be in there best interest and they will shift even more (wont deny they are not shifting as they are, even with the broken demo's... as been told they had completely sold out at my branch until the 22nd-25th of this month.. lol).

But yes, please please please.... go around flash them ALL with stock image!!! The demo is so locked down, even the demo doesnt work... :P lol

:D

I think someone needs to travel around, visiting Tesco stores and flashing STOCK images into their "demo" units.

If you pay my hourly rate - £50 - I'll do it.

PS: You're welcome ;)

Guest glossywhite

Trust me, if Tesco's do pay your hourly rate, it'll be in there best interest and they will shift even more (wont deny they are not shifting as they are, even with the broken demo's... as been told they had completely sold out at my branch until the 22nd-25th of this month.. lol).

But yes, please please please.... go around flash them ALL with stock image!!! The demo is so locked down, even the demo doesnt work... :P lol

:D

Here's my proposal:

I'll stand in my local store with my geek friends, demonstrating this tech to customers, and from the sales, we'll take 25% of the sale price, per unit :p