no push notifications - wifi & 3G signal always grey

Guest billpeos

Guest billpeos

Hi. My phone does not recieve push notifications from google servers and the wifi signal remains always grey. The account sync is enabled off cource. Is there anybody else with the same problem? Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest padre.will

Same issue here.  The icons show blue when the phone is on mobile data, but switches to grey a second or two after hooking up with wifi.  (There is a transition moment when wifi and phone bars are both blue; then grey kicks in.)  The bars go back to blue almost instantaneously once the phone goes back onto 3g.  

I have no problem at all with Google push notifications.  (Tested this just now with Gmail.)  In fact, all functionality seems perfectly normal.  I won't be taking phone back, as it's a very promising device, and the grey wifi is mainly just an annoyance.  That said, I'd love to see this fixed.  (I'd also love to see CM 10 on it, but that's a whole nother thread!)  ;) 

I don't know if this is connected or not, but Joiku's Phone Usage meter doesn't seem to notice most 3g activity, whilst - afaict - the built-in meter in settings does seem to show an accurate reading.  Is the issue, in both cases, possibly about the display not hooking up nicely to report the reality?  

Guest jastonas

I went on and "spammed" ZTE's twitter and facebook pages concerning this problem. I hope someone picks it up since it's a phone they are promoting a lot at the moment.

Guest targetbsp

Do you actually have a problem or just a cosmetic issue?  In my own testing and in the post before your latest one it seems it actually functions correctly - just shows the icon the wrong colour.

Guest padre.will

the issue is totally cosmetic. as a phone/hand-held-computer, it functions exactly as it should do.

my experience as someone who manages people-based services for a living is that I don't personally respond well to being nagged or spammed, or to people whoo get all demandy about something they reckon they're owed. Courtesy costs nothing, and it gets you everything.

truth is: we've paid less than £100 for a solid workhorse of a phone with the kind of spec that other makers would charge £200 for. I'd be thrilled if they fixed the wifi icon colour, and if someone here produces a hack, I will install it myself. but I'm not going to lose any sleep if they never fix it. we've all got more than our money's worth for this high spec budget phone. ZTE don't owe me anything other than a solid ROM that works. 

Edited by padre.will

Guest jastonas

Do you actually have a problem or just a cosmetic issue?  In my own testing and in the post before your latest one it seems it actually functions correctly - just shows the icon the wrong colour.

It's not cosmetic only.

Guest jastonas

So what specifically isn't working?

I have noticed that Gmail and Whatsapp don't work with push. This isn't something that is happening at all times though. Some times it works fine, sometimes it doesn't.

Viber on the other hand, seems to work better, as in perfect, yet I don't use it that much so I don't know for sure.

Also, Google account on settings sometimes gives an error and says "error syncing" or something similar instead of being green.

Same issues have been noticed by other people as well in a greek forum where I mentioned it. For some, sync works, for some, not.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mike-kt

I have the same problem. Notification sometime works sometimes doesnt. Its the same on wifi or 3g. Push notification have big dealey. I have this probem with facebook messages, whatsapp and others .... Have you got someone this problem?