[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

Guest Taiji2078

Thanks for your answer. I already tested today all the versions posted here - actually all the kernels posted on modaco. Nothing works as it should. 

Take a look here ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2580112

This is what I have on my Samsung and I was hoping I can find some similar work for Huawei too ... but it seems that everybody thinks this phone is a joke so we don't have enough devs on these projects. On XDA they don't even list the Y300 ... It's a shame.

Stating the obvious could be fun. I guess it is fun for you too. Rendering is part of the kernel. Huawei Y300 Stock kernel isn't for KitKat ( this should be funny too, right? :) ) and cannot render the fonts that aren't listed in libraries - they should be manually included by the kernel developer. Read my message better. Sorry, but english isn't my mother language.

For more details, read here: http://www.edureka.in/blog/beginners-guide-android-architecture/

That's it. 

Thanks for your work so far ! You did far more than others, so it is great ! Maybe you will include CM 11.0 in one of the future versions. I would love to use it.

Guest snowbody

I installed CM10.1 with cextel62.

My bluetooth keyboard was pairing but not connecting (so unusable)

Somebody ran into the same problem:

https://github.com/kerberizer/android_kernel_sony_msm8x60/commit/2acf0de488ed052af54a9652d891e19e6771966f

I applied this patch to the cextel kernel, and now bluetooth keyboard is OK!

So maybe good idea to include patch with kernel?

For those who want to compile kernel themselves : I used /Android_Toolchains/arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2/bin/arm-eabi- .

Guest Ceastel

@up

If I ever do update of this kernel  I will include that patch thanks . ;)

@IamTITO

You need usb otg cable with external usb power supply.

@ H3ROS

Next time I will compile 393mb & 407mb version.

I don't have any problems with 407mb because I don't use apps like Twitch etc.

Edited by Ceastel

Guest ZolaIII

Yust to inform you that the Huawei did fu¢k up big time!

Some things in kernel are from U8110 days this actually men's that they never did build a new kernel they only did sloppy re base's so it's almost impossible to rebase this 3.4.x to main Code Aurora git however moddingg is trying to do it.

We did stumble upon attempt to oc the msm8625 soc truth the disabling pll4 & doing it with pll2 old fashion way that works. Problem is I don't have a URL any more! Its somewhere in Columbia edu gits. The things that we will try to merge is BFS scheduler luckily he starts with 3.4 & a Tileras ZOL implementation. ZOL will be a little more difficult to do as its mainland in 3.11.6 (with fix) bat original work originates from 3.4 time & their are patches for it.

Best regards!

P'S Ceastle if you have time ask moddingg if he can remember the exact git for OC. We did discussed this long time ago!

Edited by ZolaIII

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest spanitzer

Yust to inform you that the Huawei did fu¢k up big time!

Some things in kernel are from U8110 days this actually men's that they never did build a new kernel they only did sloppy re base's so it's almost impossible to rebase this 3.4.x to main Code Aurora git however moddingg is trying to do it.

We did stumble upon attempt to oc the msm8625 soc truth the disabling pll4 & doing it with pll2 old fashion way that works. Problem is I don't have a URL any more! Its somewhere in Columbia edu gits. The things that we will try to merge is BFS scheduler luckily he starts with 3.4 & a Tileras ZOL implementation. ZOL will be a little more difficult to do as its mainland in 3.11.6 (with fix) bat original work originates from 3.4 time & their are patches for it.

Best regards!

P'S Ceastle if you have time ask moddingg if he can remember the exact git for OC. We did discussed this long time ago!

• 3 weeks later...

@Ceastel: looking at your frequency table I noticed some minor math missmatch:

You add:

{ 1, 1046769, ACPU_PLL_4, 6, 0, 130846, 3, 5, 200000, &pll4_cfg_tbl[6]},

Corrected value's would be:

{ 1, 1046400, ACPU_PLL_4, 6, 0, 130800, 3, 5, 200000, &pll4_cfg_tbl[6]},

Frequency needs to get devided through 19200 & AHB-kHz = frequency / 8 wink.png

Target frequency: 54.5 * 19200 = 1046400

AHB-kHz: 1046400 / 8 = 130800

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...