[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

@fonz93

You have this problem only in v0.47 or in all versions ?

no no no is not a problem of your kernel, is a problem of huawei, this happens also on stock kernel, i am not sure that this is a kernel problem, but some one said it so i am asking

i didnt try on 0.47 because i havent wi fi at the moment

Edited by fonz93

Guest CrimsonCrap

@fonz93

You have this problem only in v0.47 or in all versions ?

The problem is in stock kernel too but in your kernels the problem is intensified.Also this doesn't just happen in v0.47 it happens in all versions.

Guest CrimsonCrap
My max clock is only 1008 mhz too :(
That's because in the Features of the kernel which are in the first post on the first page of this topic, it clearly says that overclock is temporarily removed. You would know that if you had bothered to read. Edited by CrimsonCrap

For the ghost effect can someone try this?i cant download games because i havent wi fi at the moment...

Try to activate on developer options "Disable overlay HW" without a reboot, because if you reboot you lost the option..i am downloading the apk from pc of csr racing and dead trigger 2 but i have a slow connection so if some one have those games and try it its better :)

Guest CrimsonCrap

For the ghost effect can someone try this?i cant download games because i havent wi fi at the moment...

Try to activate on developer options "Disable overlay HW" without a reboot, because if you reboot you lost the option..i am downloading the apk from pc of csr racing and dead trigger 2 but i have a slow connection so if some one have those games and try it its better :)

Sure I'll try it and I'll try to post some screenshots as well.

Guest CrimsonCrap

Ok i tried and works, but some games with this options are laggy (ski safari) and with csr racing no problem of ghost effect (i'll try later with dead trigger 2)

ok now what do we do?XD, if we "disable overlay hw" after a reboot the options is not sticked, after we enabled this options, some games like csr racing and dead trigger 2 (for dead trigger we are waiting, but i am pretty sure that works), but with some 2d games (like ski safari), but also on temple run, this options makes the games very laggy

Edited by fonz93

Guest CrimsonCrap
Ok i tried and works, but some games with this options are laggy (ski safari) and with csr racing no problem of ghost effect (i'll try later with dead trigger 2) ok now what do we do?XD, if we "disable overlay hw" after a reboot the options is not sticked, after we enabled this options, some games like csr racing and dead trigger 2 (for dead trigger we are waiting, but i am pretty sure that works), but with some 2d games (like ski safari), but also on temple run, this options makes the games very laggy
OK so I tried dead trigger 2 and didn't disable HW overlay I just turned on the game directly and surprisingly I didn't see any ghost effect at all.The game was running at perfect speed and didn't lag at all.I took some screenshots too.I remember I had ghost effect in v0.46 but I performed this test on b7 fusionX ROM with latest version of this kernel(v0.47).So apparently this bug is fixed somehow.did you try the games with the new version of this kernel without enabling the "disable hw overlay"first?if not then you should try it as it might work.anyways here are the screenshots.

post-1022336-13853189121902_thumb.jpg

post-1022336-13853189307498_thumb.jpg

post-1022336-13853189489114_thumb.jpg

post-1022336-13853189645112_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrimsonCrap

OK so I tried dead trigger 2 and didn't disable HW overlay I just turned on the game directly and surprisingly I didn't see any ghost effect at all.The game was running at perfect speed and didn't lag at all.I took some screenshots too.I remember I had ghost effect in v0.46 but I performed this test on b7 fusionX ROM with latest v0.47 of this kernel. So apparently this bug is fixed somehow.here are the screenshots.

Maybe because dead trigger 2 have released an update? because on csr racing if i dont disable overlay hw the ghost effect is present (fusionx b8 and 0.47 cextel)... today or tomorrow i'll download dead trigger 2 and i try :)

Edited by fonz93

Guest CrimsonCrap

Maybe because dead trigger 2 have released an update? because on csr racing if i dont disable overlay hw the ghost effect is present (fusionx b8 and 0.47 cextel)... today or tomorrow i'll download dead trigger 2 and i try :)

Ok :-)

Guest CrimsonCrap

Just tried it.you were right :-/

post-1022336-13853455863525_thumb.jpg

post-1022336-13853456092903_thumb.jpg

Guest fricy81

@Cextel: I tried v47 kernel with Kra1o5's CM10.1 R16, it was working great, except for the FM receiver. Reverted to the original kernel, and now it's working again. Could you please add support?

Thx, good job!

f.

Guest Ceastel

@massy97
In this week I'm again busy...
You can try experimental v0.47 for cm11.

LINK

Bugs:
You can't turn on WiFi ... :/

Everything else should work nice.

@fricy81
I try add FM support in next versions .

Edited by Ceastel

Guest PrinceEndymion88

@Cextel: I tried v47 kernel with Kra1o5's CM10.1 R16, it was working great, except for the FM receiver. Reverted to the original kernel, and now it's working again. Could you please add support?

Thx, good job!

f.

what's the problem with cexstel kernel and fm radio?

Guest Ceastel

@fonz93
I reserved a little bit too small memory for video.
That why you getting crash.
I need fix this in next version.

Thank for logcat.

@Laximus
Kernel from CM10.1 is incompatible with CM10.2.
But it should work if you will repack ramdisk.

Edited by Ceastel