How to install a recovery with a broken button?

Guest Gabriel94

Guest Gabriel94

I tried Goo manager but always got an error that it failed to update some script, what ROM Version would you think that would successfully work with goo manager?

Abou quickboot, i know about it, i have always used it but thanks ;)

my g300 should come back repaired on monday or tuesday im having a look here, when its done its gonna be posted https://www.facebook.com/pages/GSM-TechNiX/157717317621347?fref=ts

Guest dalyer

Sorry - I don't really know which (if any) ROM would coexist better with GooManager. Maybe ask in the TWRP thread about the problem that you are experiencing with the installation method #2?

Guest george109

Plug the phone in, and then when it vibrates for the first time, take out the charger. Now, (You have to be really quick here) Hold the volume down button, as the phone should reboot in a few seconds. Hold it down for about 30 - 40 seconds, and the phone should stay on the splash screen. Then you can let go of the volume button and plug it into the PC.

This might take a few attempts, but it should work...

Guest george109

I presume it's then in fastboot mode so adb can be used to install a recovery?

It's then in fastboot mode so fastboot.exe can be used to install a recovery. The ADB is for when android is running. Fastboot is for the bootloader.

Edited by george109

Guest Gabriel94

Plug the phone in, and then when it vibrates for the first time, take out the charger. Now, (You have to be really quick here) Hold the volume down button, as the phone should reboot in a few seconds. Hold it down for about 30 - 40 seconds, and the phone should stay on the splash screen. Then you can let go of the volume button and plug it into the PC.

This might take a few attempts, but it should work...

Thanks I'll try that once my phone comes back.

Guest Gabriel94

my g300 finally arrived, supposed to be fixed cuz i payed 15 euro well at least the phone powers on but its stuck at the huawei logo, could i go here in fastboot and install twrp and then flash cm10 or idk... heres the problem i have now

Guest Gabriel94

progress maybe ahead of me:

I can acces download mode, maybe i can install an stock rom and then flash via fastboot twrp and then install a custom rom

Guest george109

progress maybe ahead of me:

I can acces download mode, maybe i can install an stock rom and then flash via fastboot twrp and then install a custom rom

Have a go. Hold volume down when it vibrates (thats when boot starts). Keep holding it for 30 seconds, and if it reboots, try holding power and volume down.

Guest Gabriel94

no, download mode is something else, when holding both volume buttons and uses the file from dload/update.app or if there is no folder just a pink screen

Guest george109

no, download mode is something else, when holding both volume buttons and uses the file from dload/update.app or if there is no folder just a pink screen

Oh, Sorry! :wacko:

I'll remember that for next time :)

Edited by george109

OK - I would have called that force[d] update mode but as ever some of the terminology is not that clear...

So you can try a forced update to a stock update.app maybe?

Guest george109

I can't remember - do you not have to root and/or unlock the bootloader first?

Root > (Officially) Unlock Bootloader > Flash TWRP in Fastboot > Install Custom ROM

Edited by george109