Insane boot animation & boot sound!!

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

### WARNING - THIS BOOT ANIMATION CONTAINS PSYCHEDELIC, VERY FAST ANIMATION - THIS IS YOUR WARNING!! ###

How to install:

===============

**ROOT FIRST** (See Modaco hudl sub-forum)

then...

## PLUG HUDL INTO PC ###

Then move these new assets to a temp location (hudl flash storage):
-------------------------------------------------------------------

1/ adb push bootanimation.zip /sdcard/bootanim_crazy.zip
2/ adb push boot.ogg /sdcard/boot_crazy.ogg

Now let's install - run these commands line by line, pressing [ENTER] on your pc at the end of each line:

1/ adb shell
2/ su
3/ mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock7 /system
4/ cp /system/media/bootanimation.zip /sdcard/bootanimation.zip.orig
5/ cp /system/media/audio/boot.ogg /sdcard/boot.ogg.orig
6/ cp /sdcard/bootanim_crazy.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip && chmod 644 /system/media/bootanimation.zip
7/ cp /sdcard/boot_crazy.ogg /system/media/audio/boot.ogg && chmod 644 /system/media/audio/boot.ogg

Animation preview (actual boot up has a MUCH faster frame rate!!):

10109838454_df477470b6_o.gif

Boot sound preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWo0fgeTclA

Edited by glossywhite

lol - and for those that love the boot sound, but don't feel it will fly in a work environment....

cp /sdcard/boot.ogg.orig /system/media/audio/boot.ogg && chmod 644 /system/media/audio/boot.ogg

Wish you could turn sound on/off during the boot phase so i could keep this, but I'll get murdered in work, so it's back to the original.....

Guest TescoHudl

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT:

Changed my original post because i have now worked out how to edit the boot animations in Photoshop.

itsp.png

In Glossywhite's signature image, the Linux penguin has been added over the Hudl's stock boot animation. I am wondering how this was done? As a quick test, i am adding the Tesco logo above the Hudl logo in a new boot animation. In Photoshop, it appears that the only way to duplicate the new additional Tesco logo over the entire animation is to copy, paste and reposition the new Tesco layer to next image in the animation, frame by frame.

There must be a quicker way of doing it that this, surely?  I don't want to be sitting at my laptop all day, copying, pasting and repositioning a layer over and over again until the whole animation is complete.

Any ideas guys?

:)

Edited by TescoHudl