cheap android phone?

Guest dragon2611

Guest dragon2611

Any recommendations for a low end android device to replace a Nokia Lumia 710?

have a nexus4 currently on ee (T-Mobile) but tend to also carry the Lumia as it comes in handy when ee are being terrible or if I've managed to do something daft and run out of power on the nexus (eg forgetting to plug the car charger in then using GPS for a long journey)

Lumia has an ovivo microsim in so would either need Something that takes microsims or an adaptor.

Guest grice123

I will recommend XIAOCAI X9

Here is the reasons i recommend it:
-4.5 Inch perfect size 
-1.2 GHz ,super fast Quad-Core processor
-Android 4.2, 4 GB ROM, 1gb ram 
- Android Applications goes quite smooth
-very clear speaker. Decent battery life. 
- Many color choices
-micro sd card slot
i find it $174.90 on this shop.
Edited by grice123

Guest dragon2611

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/359664-[OFFTOPIC]-China-phone-discussion-20/03/2013

Have a look at the recent posts! It's full of cheap phones! :)

I've always been put off by these as you're never quite sure if they've kept to all the safety standards, perticullarly given the quality of some of the cheap chargers you can get on ebay.

Guest george109

I've always been put off by these as you're never quite sure if they've kept to all the safety standards, perticullarly given the quality of some of the cheap chargers you can get on ebay.

Most of the devices, I *think* actually conform to EU Regulation, and if you are really worried, use one of the chargers you already have for your blade, Vega or u8810, they probably will all have the same microUSB connector. 

Also, I would post asking about a phone that does have all the EU Regulation...

Guest McrRed

Focalprice have some decent throwaway Cubot dual core phones for under £45:

http://search.focalprice.com/search?keyword=MH0613&categoryid=&utm_source=radica&utm_medium=EM&utm_campaign=DM_1340ZM_MH0613

Dual sim so you could throw an extra ovivo data sim in there to up your allowance to 1.5gb.

Only problem is TD-SCDMA ...not that I know that much about the difference.  :wacko:

Guest dragon2611

Focalprice have some decent throwaway Cubot dual core phones for under £45:

http://search.focalprice.com/search?keyword=MH0613&categoryid=&utm_source=radica&utm_medium=EM&utm_campaign=DM_1340ZM_MH0613

Dual sim so you could throw an extra ovivo data sim in there to up your allowance to 1.5gb.

Only problem is TD-SCDMA ...not that I know that much about the difference.  :wacko:

Wrong frequency as well, It looks like TD-SCDMA is used by some of the networks in China.

Also not that worried about data on Ovivio usually use less than 100MB most months as only thing that phone usually does with data is sync my email.

I do browse on it, but only if the battery is flat on the Nexus or i've got no signal on EE (T-mobile) as I have unlimitied data on the t-mobile sim.

Edited by dragon2611