chance for firmware updates?

Guest Jungpark0830

Guest Jungpark0830

I know that I shouldn't be expecting anything much from Tesco, but do you think that they would release any firmware to increase performance somewhere down the line? 

I don't mean updating android to 4.3 or 4.4, but rather fixing some kinks to do with the tablet itself. I know that the RK3188 had a somewhat dissappointing performance at the beginning of its lifecycle (e.g. poor wifi, slow nand performance) some of which was addressed by firmware by other chinese brands (Pipo for example)

Guest glossywhite

There are ways to remove all the Tesco junk software, via terminal/ADB, but if you prefer a simpler to understand solution, you should wait until people start releasing ROMs for the hudl, instead. :)

Guest Jungpark0830

oh I wasn't thinking about Tesco apps as such. I plan to disable them as soon as my Hudl arrives.

I was more to concerned with the fact that some of the lesser friendly aftercare brands not providing firmware updates when fixes or improvements to Android was made (or a major bug on the device was found). You know, since it is Tesco's first go at the whole tablet business.

But yeah, hugely excited about the prospect of spiffy new custom roms in the future!

Guest Justice™

I think since we've had 1 OTA already, we could be seeing more in the future. I'm sure once the general users find out about and report them, we could be seeing more.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Most of the videos I've seen show that there's no boot sound before the update and there is after, it could've just been a collection of small after market fixes