[GB][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 - Updated 18/11/13

Guest Garnt

Guest Swap007

Maybe it was only in my head the battery drain. I don't blame the rom, only I think the cm7 drain little more than the slim rom gb. That's all. :-) I love this rom and the autonomy does not mater so much to me. I love all the CM7 features, and this rom don't have the single thing who make me to don't choose a CM ROM before, the audio quality in call. This rom have the normal call quality and this is the icing on the cake. Thank you so much for this rom Garnt!

Edited by Swap007

Does this rom have chinese cm7 kernel or not? :) Or, what did you copy from chinese rom?

Yes, the kernel is from a Chinese version, but to make remarks like

This rom have chinese kernel, so wifi teather does not work on this or any other cm7 or cm7 based rom... :( Bedak skroz...

when wifi tethering works by just rebooting the phone are misleading.

So, what did you compile by yourself if kernel is chinese? Can you make your own kernel because I think problem is not gui or something else beside kernel...Maybe some wifi modules or I do not know what...

Beside that with wifi, this rom is very good...

Edited by Pyntux

The kernel is not the issue here, from what I've found out so far, the having to reboot the phone looks like a CM problem as other builds on various other devices suffer the same issue.

As for what have I compiled, all the apk files I compiled from cm sources, Kernel is from Chinese version, and everything else is an combination of what I compiled and 2 Chinese roms and used whatever was needed from one of these to replace whatever was broken.

Edited by Garnt

Guest lexim79
Hi.
After installing the ROM on my G300 I have a few problems.
The PIN can enter up to 10 times, even though the PIN, I have a message at the wrong PIN
  and there is no lock for the PUK CODE.
When the phone turns on to appear in the next issues.
The second problem is the search for a network, despite different settings, the lack of coverage.
I can not create a Google account on my phone.
Please help me.

Hi.

After installing the ROM on my G300 I have a few problems.

The PIN can enter up to 10 times, even though the PIN, I have a message at the wrong PIN

and there is no lock for the PUK CODE.

When the phone turns on to appear in the next issues.

The second problem is the search for a network, despite different settings, the lack of coverage.

I can not create a Google account on my phone.

Please help me.

In the same post as the link you used to download the rom

KNOWN ISSUES:-

Sim Pin lock is temperamental, turn this off in your existing rom before installing.

You wont need a PUK code, the wrong code error is just because the rom cannot read the pin number from some sim cards. Go into settings and disable the pin lock if you can then restart the phone and everything will be fine.

If you cannot get past the sim lock screen you will have to flash another rom and disable the pin lock using that rom and then reinstall CM7

Edited by Garnt

Having problems with twitter. Installed it on fresh CM7. After reboot or forced stopping twitter says "cannot retrieve tweets at this time".

post-995207-0-38419300-1382232930_thumb.

Twitter works fine. Try uninstalling then reinstalling the app

Im going to need more info than

"But I can not create Google account."

What error, if any, you getting? Do you have network coverage?

Take a screenshot too if you getting an error

Guest lexim79

I go to settings / accounts and sync

add the account
email address and password
I press next
and displays something like this:

WiFi works well
3G is also ok
The menu has a program: Email
and in it I have no problem with the configuration

post-1015836-0-04161900-1382442016_thumb

post-1015836-0-74409300-1382442023_thumb

Edited by lexim79

That's because your trying to setup a corporate account, used by business using exchange servers.

Why are you not adding your google account via play store anyway?

install Gmail and is approximately

thank you

:)

If you now go into accounts & sync, select your google account and make sure that sync gmail is ticked you'll get your emails 

Updated 27/10/13

Updated rom is in first post. For those already running the previous build just flash this patch without any wipes. This will keep any tweaks you've added so no need to flash them again.

Patch to 27/10/13 Build - https://mega.co.nz/#!jJtjGBrR!T_q0X3gs8Ewk7Gfeak9y21NY4xgXvo1qPzPKpHN9Ibk

Latest Changes:

Torch.apk is included as I've now got it working

Browser.apk recompiled from more recent CM sources

Added 2 themes taken from Chinese CM7 Roms (Circle Battery and ICS type themes)

Few minor tweaks

Edited by Garnt

Guest core1024

I have a problem. I can't use logcat. This is frustrating because I have an issue with the "News and Weather" app. It's constantly crashing on the Slim rom and this one too.

I had no PC at hand for a while and I was used to get the news from this app. After It stopped working I decided to try your rom.

Great work! I mean it! I wasn't using a GB rom for a while (as of my HTC Wildfire died) and I was so excited to try it on my G300. I am amazed how fast it is. No issues so far (apart from the logcat one. I don't think the "N&W" app malfunftion is related). I missed the per app permission management absent from ICS+ roms ;)

So far everything is working, and it's working fast. I've tested calls, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, Flashlight... No issues at all! I certainly recommend this rom! Big Thanks, Grant.

Is the simlock issue fixed?

No, It's a CM issue so probably never will be

I have a problem. I can't use logcat. This is frustrating because I have an issue with the "News and Weather" app. It's constantly crashing on the Slim rom and this one too.

I had no PC at hand for a while and I was used to get the news from this app. After It stopped working I decided to try your rom.

Great work! I mean it! I wasn't using a GB rom for a while (as of my HTC Wildfire died) and I was so excited to try it on my G300. I am amazed how fast it is. No issues so far (apart from the logcat one. I don't think the "N&W" app malfunftion is related). I missed the per app permission management absent from ICS+ roms ;)

So far everything is working, and it's working fast. I've tested calls, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, Flashlight... No issues at all! I certainly recommend this rom! Big Thanks, Grant.

Never had a problem with News and Weather app before. Does it just close of do you get an error? If you get an error take a screenshot and post it here and I'll look into this

Guest core1024

Never had a problem with News and Weather app before. Does it just close of do you get an error? If you get an error take a screenshot and post it here and I'll look into this

As I said I dont't think it's a CM issue as I had the same problem with my previous rom. However this is a screenshot I took right now http://imgur.com/KnVdwxL

Of course I've tried deleteing the cache and data of the app. I'll appreciate any help resolving this. Unfortunately I can't provide logcat :(

EDIT:

Just to clear that out - the widget is working and it shows the news and the weather. I've tried it's all versions. The problem is only when the app get started. No matter if it is started from the widget or the icon. I thought I have corrupted files on the SD card, but when I remove it the problem persists. I only see the progress bar and then this FC message.

Edited by core1024

As I said I dont't think it's a CM issue as I had the same problem with my previous rom. However this is a screenshot I took right now http://imgur.com/KnVdwxL

Of course I've tried deleteing the cache and data of the app. I'll appreciate any help resolving this. Unfortunately I can't provide logcat :(

EDIT:

Just to clear that out - the widget is working and it shows the news and the weather. I've tried it's all versions. The problem is only when the app get started. No matter if it is started from the widget or the icon. I thought I have corrupted files on the SD card, but when I remove it the problem persists. I only see the progress bar and then this FC message.

Try deleting the app data again, and also delete the /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache folder