hudl case

Guest kurtisuk

Guest kurtisuk

Looking for a rubber bumper case for my hudl but not as chunky as the red Tesco one, has anyone here seen any as I have looked on eBay and amazon but no luck

Guest greyrider

Plenty of Nabi 2 bumpers around, but you'll need to have at with a sharp blade to put the openings where they ought to be. Doubt you'd find third party cases for the Hudl specifically anytime soon....if ever.

Guest glossywhite

Plenty of Nabi 2 bumpers around, but you'll need to have at with a sharp blade to put the openings where they ought to be. Doubt you'd find third party cases for the Hudl specifically anytime soon....if ever.

Ugh - I hate ugly hacks like that; would rather wait for a *proper* case :/

Guest greyrider

So, the definition of a tablet being any good is it's ability, or otherwise, to run one game? Dunno, but it's an excellent tablet, proving "better" than my Ainol Fire in many respects..if that helps?

Guest glossywhite

It'll be great when some ROMs come out for it, and even as stock its great. It plays Crazy Taxi perfectly - its definitely one machine to invest in.

Back on topic... how does this relate to a case? ;)

Guest kurtisuk

Question unrelated but is the tesco hudl any good I was thinking of buying but can it run GTA Vice city ?

Just to let you know I have installed GTA 3 on my hudl and it runs fine so Vice City should be okay aswell

Guest bennji.boy

it even really struggles to run xbmc

Out of interest, what do you mean it really struggles, I've got a hudl on order and was planning to use XBMC on it?

Guest greyrider

If it's the same as my experience, read "struggles" for not worth the install. XBMC simply doesn't work, drop outs, glitches, or nothing at all. iPlayer, 4OD, TVCatchup, ITV player and streaming via VLC from my main PC are all perfect - as is HDMI out by the way - but XBMC? Meh.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

While this is not "case" related, but seeing the last couple of comments about XBMC.... I dont think XBMC is ready/fit for public use yet. It took ages for them to release it officially/publically, even that was down to limited devices also.

Of the devices Ive installed/run it on, I get various glitches, drop outs and crashes. I dont think the code is stable enough to make it a reliable product yet. Dont get me wrong, its getting better and is miles ahead of its initial release, but still think it has a long way to go before being a reliable option.... and so is prolly not the Hudl's fault here...

Guest kurtisuk

I've installed and ran xbmc on my device and streamed videos over my lan from my server and everything seemed fine. Are you using the nightly builds of xmbc? As I think the stable build do not have hardware acceleration but the nightly does

Guest bennji.boy

I've installed and ran xbmc on my device and streamed videos over my lan from my server and everything seemed fine. Are you using the nightly builds of xmbc? As I think the stable build do not have hardware acceleration but the nightly does

When do the nightlies turn into the stable build? Is it worth waiting until hardware acceleration has be put into the stable release?

Guest bennji.boy

If it's the same as my experience, read "struggles" for not worth the install. XBMC simply doesn't work, drop outs, glitches, or nothing at all. iPlayer, 4OD, TVCatchup, ITV player and streaming via VLC from my main PC are all perfect - as is HDMI out by the way - but XBMC? Meh.

Works great for me

Guest djpatterson
XBMC works fine for me too including 720p, haven't tried 1080 on it.
1080p works fine for me from an NFS share with a mysql db on a 2.4ghz WiFi in a cottage with thick walls Edited by djpatterson

Guest greyrider

And...back on topic, sort of, a search on 'bay for "Tesco Hudl case" now brings up lots of choices, mostly half the price of the OEM itmes - didn't spot any bumpers, but wasn't really looking that hard.

• 2 weeks later...

As I think someone else has pointed out on another post/thread the stock hudl cases (tri-fold soft plastic jobs with in-built magnets) seem to be too tight and from personal experience can cause random issues such as sound not playing properly, system crashes etc.

Looking around for a new case........... ebay now seem to have quite a selection :D

Guest hudl mudl

As for case i have got a kindle fire case from poundland in leather simil, and it is great holes for speaker in the back, etc 

Found the exact case on ebay item 310802440894

I got mine from York poundland they had maybe 50 in stock 

Edited by hudl mudl

I have Tescos own leather case. I have noticed on 2 occasions over the course of a month that the volume control has been activated. I think the case is a little tight gripping the Hudl as it is quite difficult to remove.