[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Huawei Ascend Y300 and G510

Thumbnail_2013-01-15-13-49-07.png Thumbnail_2013-01-15-13-48-55.png Thumbnail_2013-09-05-20-32-02.png

You must use a recovery updated for 4.3 (with the EXT4 fix) to use this ROM otherwise you will encounter issues. A CWM build is linked below.

FAQ:
Where did the developer/performance options go?
Tap on the build number 5 times in "About phone".

Where did the recovery reboot option go?
It has to be enabled in developer options, "Advanced reboot".

Why did the boot animation change? Why did the Play Store disappear? Why does my phone not leave the boot animation?
A change Huawei made (for seemingly no reason) completely breaks 4.3. It has been reverted in the kernel here, but recoveries may need updating too.

Why isn't ADB working?
https://plus.google....sts/M2pVM7Y6MTq
You need to update your Android platform tools and then approve the PC on your device. Android 4.2.2+ feature.

Downloads:

Credits:

• Fagulhas, tilal6991, Kra1o5, Blefish, KonstaT, alanorth and all other contributors - your hair pulling and loss of sanity is appreciated :P
  • Everyone who donated to let me get this device! :D
  • The guys in IRC - #huawei-g300 @ freenode for occasionally being cool :p
  • The CM team and contributors
  • Huawei! (sometimes)

Crazy donator list, I love you all

Arnette carstenheuer samjam x3 Umrtvovacz x2 sammyc77
bladebuddy skobywan goekane x4 Valicek1 x2 Dildano
22point8 x3 ugnius40 maritimesbob paddyponchero x2 RussellS
Matthew_Smithy tcpaulh dragpyre daewhin Cyda
Hans Gruber grmn shockdj ScutulatusCrotalus Wanyal
unaszplodrmann x2 raoulteeuwen mack_ lakyljuk x2 pepdavies
gnb10 alastor66 SdZ x2 Caglio x2 milamber77
Titas x2 MioCZ vice17 melodystyle2003 momoldn
Colossae3.23 dp29380 dwilkie x3 MediumDave TheSkeletoN
marcars x2 andysterling fiah84 timfimjim soulhand
thebuell x2 lakyljuk JRow rob4x4 _cobra
SL_The_Hedgehog raverrr andymac1969 dalyer MioCZ
todoleo intensedarkness x2 stumark Rebas ptoner
Kekenious sporksnail Sako Verife jordanclarke69 Artful Bodger
zdenacc Turquo1se alhimyaa Mhisani Fox raoulduke22
netmanmac thomanski solarmon Muzler clayts450
Patty1961 rymate1234 joba69 tomjanda rhen
painteramit mulardo hvy109 timli Nalaztre

Guest Dazzozo
Issues:
  • A few video decoding errors, mostly distortion
  • Possibly some G510-specific issues, I believe I fixed the framebuffer dancing bug, if anyone can point things out it would be appreciated

Guest MadHatterRyu

Just wondering.. did the Y300 help in the G300s dev?

and yes, can confirm.. may just be placebo, this seems even stabler and faster than yesterdays

Edited by MadHatterRyu

Guest Dazzozo

Just wondering.. did the Y300 help in the G300s dev?

and yes, can confirm.. may just be placebo, this seems even stabler and faster than yesterdays

Definitely, they had a ton of camera issues fixed by this, as well as infamous TVCatchup (and similar) bugs. Apparently the 3.4 kernel runs better and manages memory better too.

Oh, and the dancing Maps bug vanished. That was a fun one. :P

Guest argothebest7

If i do a backup with twrp and i flash this rom,there are many problems if I would like to return to my backup or there is any problem because i havent flashed it with cwm?

If i do a backup with twrp and i flash this rom,there are many problems if I would like to return to my backup or there is any problem because i havent flashed it with cwm?

Someone said you can't make a backup..:-[

Guest SaurabhRCk

Hi, I am reporting  bug, Not sure everyone else experienced or not! these are minor bugs! so not important. but I think worth mentioning in official thread.

1. LED brightness is brighter than normal.

2. when the phone reboots, for the 1st time when the screen goes off, the backlight turns off in kinda funny way, but after that, it goes normal.

3. Video distortion in Huawei weather app.

4. after clearing all app or any app from task manager, screen blinks for a second!
5. phone reboots occasionally in video recording mode (experienced once) and antutu 3d testing.

6. GPS can't pin point location. shows approx. position.

7. some animation is missing like data transfer animation in network icon, gps fixing animation!

8. battery drain is "slightly" higher than stock. in normal standby mode 0% in 10 hour. but during normal work slightly greater than stock. just slightly. nothing major!

@dazzoso, i have flashed this new update and i have the problem of no boot animation, i will test if are present the others bugs that you said (no wi fi etc) and after this i will reflash the rom

edit: others bugs,,ril after reboot doesnt work and root the same, everything that use root doesnt work, i will reflash :)

edit2: i can confirm the little battery drain

edit3: reflashed and boot animation fixed, root fixed, ril at the 2nd reboot doesnt work, at the third works, games stays laggy such as the previous version

Antutu score :6863, but opengl 2.0 test had more fps than the stock and others rom

post-1023425-0-33811700-1382251790_thumb

Edited by fonz93

Guest akbar102

tnx doz i flashed this in g510-0200 using twrp 2.6.3

so far:

no screen dancing and i cant see any major bugs everything that i tested work well.(gps,recording,playing,wifi,...)

Bluetooth after one reboot work!! 

edit:

root access work without problem.

antutu score :7974

Edited by akbar102

Guest TangerineTractor

My initial findings:

Took three installs for me... First time no boot animation or WiFi, so reflashed cwm. Second time didn't get root properly - couldn't install ad block, tried flashing supersu too. Third wipe and install worked.

The only bug I've found is video playback on some formats.

It does seem slightly laggy compared to the initial release... Might be my imagination.

Guest intensedarkness

Qualityyy - I'd recommend a FULL format from CWM before flashing just to avoid the small chance of any lingering ext4 corruption issues. Also format system from mounts and storage.

Edited by intensedarkness

Guest intensedarkness

To anyone who wastes a lot of time formatting, reinstalling, and setting up all apps again, use Helium backup - backs up and restores all your apps and data WITHOUT ROOT!

Very easy to use and intuitive interface.

Edited by intensedarkness

Guest gooklet

@Dazzozo,

Is it possible for Huawei Ascend Y300 to be woken (just like power button) by multiple swipe gestures (eg. slide2wake or slide2unlock) on the screen?

Apps on play store include TOUCH CONTROL (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrol) & PGM GALAXY NEXUS (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.ponury.pgm2)

AFAIK such a feature works for several dedicated kernels ONLY. Indeed, it would be perfect if Huawei Ascend Y300 is equipped with such a feature. Thanks..

Hi.

Just registered here to thank Dazzozo for developing on our Y300. And also a big thanks to the donators who made this happen! Thank you Guys!

Found a Topic in some other Forum which related to this Thread. :)

I'm using the newest Version of TWRP. So my question is, if I can use it to flash Dazzozos version. And if there would be any issues to recover my StockRom from Dazzozos CM10.2 also  with TWRP? Read somewhere  that it could make problems?

If not, I would he happy to troubleshoot this awesome piece of ROM and try to report Bugs for future fixing. Since I'm familiar with *nix systems I guess I could help a bit here and there to find Bugs.

kind regards

HB-1

Edited by HB-1

Just flashed the nightly build with the new CWM provided by dazzozo and full wipe, and it's really amazing, i havn't face any problem such a no boot animation , no root access, no wifi etc. But screen off animation ain't working properly, i am going to test the battery usage ... The rest is great

Really Great work for the first nightly build

Thanks a lot dazzozo and all the users that helped

Edited by ako0

Guest joestone

Issues:

• A few video decoding errors, mostly distortion
  • Possibly some G510-specific issues, I believe I fixed the framebuffer dancing bug, if anyone can point things out it would be appreciated

Great job !

It is the G510 dancing bug solution.

https://github.com/Kra1o5/android_kernel_huawei_msm8x25-common/commit/be501f2ae6bb60d0bd1da11df52f1e651b833885